Guddy

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chelsea 1 - Charlton 0

Another drab home performance ;O

Hasselbaink scores a penalty.

Mutu doesn't know what scoring is, and today was the first time I have questioned him (He's still a great player though :)) He needs to stop overdoing things, he needs to make better runs... he needs to be less selfish and he needs to learn how to score goals from 3 yards :p

Eidur Gudjohnsen gets my man of the match and he was a substitute with 16 minutes to go, coincidently Sky Sports agreed and gave him MOM. Better is needed, but our squad has so many injuried and players like Nicolas are unfortunately.. crap :howler:.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Against Arsenal IMO it has to be Eidur and Guddy upfront with Mutu to the left. This is because it looks like there's no Duff and we need someone who can run at people well! The thing is today Mutu was probbaly MOM with Gallas, Huth and Gronkjaer in terms of people who start. He just got to stop delaying and it'll come back.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
GICA said:
Eidur and Guddy?? Who´s Guddy? :confused:
Gudjohnsen. So is Eidur. :confused:

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
i think the last 20 mints showed why chelsea wont win the league, we need a superstriker who would come out in the 89th minute out of nowhere and score the silliest yet the winning goal,,like van nisterlooy, in my opinion 90% of van nisterlooy's goals are stupid tap in from 2 yards out, but if u present him with the 5 chances mutu had today, he would have scored 4, mutu scored none, and thumbs up for unselfish gudjohnson for that pass, while mutu never passes to a teammate no matter what...he still has a long time to go bfore bcomin complete and we badly need a henry. RVN, a trezeguet....

and anyone who ever says a word about gronkajer should shut up forever after today,,,pure CLASS winger play and movement..

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KHALID said:
i think the last 20 mints showed why chelsea wont win the league, we need a superstriker who would come out in the 89th minute out of nowhere and score the silliest yet the winning goal,,like van nisterlooy, in my opinion 90% of van nisterlooy's goals are stupid tap in from 2 yards out, but if u present him with the 5 chances mutu had today, he would have scored 4, mutu scored none, and thumbs up for unselfish gudjohnson for that pass, while mutu never passes to a teammate no matter what...he still has a long time to go bfore bcomin complete and we badly need a henry. RVN, a trezeguet....

and anyone who ever says a word about gronkajer should shut up forever after today,,,pure CLASS winger play and movement..
I do agree with you, but i'm not sure if it's a striker.. personally I think Crespo will be are Ruud. I want Eidur to stay, evenm Alex Ferguson was willing to pay £15 Million for him, he has to stay, he has to play he's technically are best player. Where do we get a superstar? I think we need one that can play RMF or OMF.. I'd like totti (never going to happen :(.. or an underated star like Joaquin. it could get interesting in teh summer though :), I think Trez may indeed come.. and we'll sail Jimmy off somewhere because frankly he has a terrible all round game.

·
Registered
69,656 Posts
Mutu has bad luck, that´s all. I hope he shows soon the player he is really. Anyways, he won´t score the VN goals because he is not a "superstriker". Last year, every ball he touched was goal, and now he´s missing good chances...but Mutu is clever, and he will recover his right instinct.

HAI MUTULE!

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
KHALID said:

What a load of crap. First of all, Mutu created most of the chances for himself, and no one passes to him, not the other way around.
They gave him 2 chances, in one his shot hit the post and in the other one Kiely did an amazing save. Mutu did what he needed to do, it´s not like he missed. If he had been luckier, those balls would have gone in.
He scored loads at Parme, but there he took freekicks and penalties,and they had confidence in him . Chelsea doesn´t have a better free kick taker but they still don´t let him take them. Who is the selfish one?

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
YA but i counted a zillion times where he is running with the ball, passes the first two defenders, and then instead of settin up his teammate he goes on to dribble the third and loses it,,,as for the 2 chances, well if u he jus tplayed a simple low ball he would have scored both goals, instead of hitting it so explosively in the bar (to be spectacular it seems) and if he would have played it low the goal keeper would have no chance...

Jacko i agree with u that eidur should stay, by far the best throu balls i have seen in my life and scores the odd goal, hasselbank should be shown the door...not sure thou mutu and crespo work together well and i dont know why!!

anyway selfishness is common in chelsea, did u see that 87th minute run by Huth, who instead of clearing the ball away insists on dribbiling 8 players lol and he lost the ball at the middle of the park and could have cost us a counter attack, what an idiot!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
ya that was a weird idea from Huth, who played a great match except for one other mistake earlier on. Very composed guy for a 19 year old. Lucio? why bother I think Huth will be better.

Mutu needs to take all our free kicks. There should be no debate except when its a long one and then have Lamps or some other big boot knock it. And maybe he can play where Veron was playing. He has the control to do it. About the selfish thing....I forward needs to be selfish IMO. Too many make a pass that will just get intercepted when a shot is a better idea, and can lead to a rebound. I didnt think anyone was being selfish but I guess its hard to judge such a thing if you arent looking for it. It was crazy he didnt get a few goals here. Dunno what else to say really. He's not a poacher, more like a Del Piero sort. He's gonna miss some chances but create even more. A guy like Jimmy doenst work well with Mutu it seems. Jimmy isnt making the good runs like Eidur seems to.

Eidur is the bomb. Play him more Tinks. Drop Jimmy. His form is way off.

Gronkajer was good, but he still lacks the top quality that we should expect now IMO. Someone a little more consistent.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
IT would have been very unfair if you guys get only one point. Mutu, the most hard working one.. is pretty unlucky with the post and also point-blank save by the keeper.

The tinkerman is doing great.. fielding Glen Johnsen up RW. His touches are like Joe cole... and fast too. Wouldnt be suprised if he can play support striker.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Ranieri Pleased With Mutu

02/09/2004. Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri insisted he was pleased with Adrian Mutu despite the Romanian's goal drought continuing against Charlton yesterday.

Mutu missed several golden chances and has only scored three goals in his last 18 matches for the Blues. However, his misses weren't costly as Chelsea won 1-0.

"I want to kill him, it hurts my heart! Everyone wants to kill me and he does that," joked Ranieri

"But it's okay," he continued. "The team created a lot of chances to finish the match. Sometimes you score once and sometimes more, but that's football.

"I'm very pleased with Mutu's performance as he was a threat."
SAUK
---------------------------------------
beat the king Carson to it!:tongue:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Re: Ranieri Pleased With Mutu

Italia said:

beat the king Carson to it!:tongue:
You'll probably find that he'll post it again just to make sure. ;)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It looks like we have come to an agreement. :)

Mutu is a great player, he's just unlucky :(. He just needs to be more clamer and look around and take awareness of the situation, and he will assist and score more.

Mutu is a very hard worker

Eidur is great and should stay :) - Hopefully Eidur and mutu for Pompey :p

Huth is great ;) - with the hardest shot in the world :star:

It'll eventually come back and we will be back on form again :)

·
Registered
16,210 Posts
If Mutu had shot low and missed it would have seemed as he was joking around, like he didn´t care. In that moment he was desperately trying to score because he knows there´s a lot of pressure on him and because he wants to show the fans that constantly cheer for him that they are not wrong. That´s why he was almost crying when he missed that last chance. He couldn´t believe it. And that was why he clapped back at the fans in the middle of the match. He is grateful for their support.

I don´t think he is selfish. He sometimes dribbles when he shouldn´t but that´s because he knows that he can do it. I saw him create a lot of chances that their teammates missed. Nobody seems to realize that. It´s true that he may never score as much as Ruud but VN can´t take on a defender as Mutu can.

And i don´t know if you noticed, but in Huth´s free kick, Mutu convinced Hasselbaink to let Huth take it and then he left the area. I suppose he thought that was better for Huth than for himself. That seemss unselfish to me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts