Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official game thread.

Live from Stamford Bridge.

This is the first leg of the Quarter Final against the Germans. Hopefully we will win, it'll be a battle as both teams are big and strong in the air.

Looks like Robben is out of this one (I blame VB - twat)

Bryan Munchen

Danger Player!

ROY MAKAAY

Roy Makaay is not a footballer blessed with electrifying pace. He's not super strong. He's not tactically aware. However he has the ability to poach goals, and is argubly the coolest finisher around, we must stop him getting the chances and we will go along way to winning.

50/50 man

Lucio. A defender who is willing to attack and defend, a man that loves Jesus and has scored on the big stage before. Has the ability to make surging runs from the back,a nd count as an extra man. He also has a fierce strike so we musts top free kicks. However he is prone to blunders at the back (World Cup 2002). We must get after him especially Drogba.

Key Battle.
Lampard VS Ballack

Argubly the two finest box to box players (along with Gerrard) Lampard has been in better form over the last couple of years and will look to take on Ballack. Both have a great shot, and can tackle however Lampard has probably a higher work rate and better vision. The winner of this battle may win the tie.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great post mate....

As for the game, I think that now that we faced Barca, we are not gonna face a harder team than them. The only team that I saw could knock us out from the CL was Barca, and now that we knocked them out, I don't think there will be nothing that will stop us from taking the trophy this year.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
LeonXVII said:
Great post mate....

As for the game, I think that now that we faced Barca, we are not gonna face a harder team than them. The only team that I saw could knock us out from the CL was Barca, and now that we knocked them out, I don't think there will be nothing that will stop us from taking the trophy this year.

man u really forgeted abt acmilan

·
THE
14,277 Posts
I think that missing Robben this time hurts us more than it did with barca. Too different teams. Bayern has the same tactic as us, and a firecracker as robben would of been good to mess them up.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Good point kat. Bayern has older players on the flank so it would have been great for Robben, but with Cole in the form of his life we look to be quite good.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Good old Bryan. :D

Too bad Robben can't play... he would tear that German defence apart.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Two Match Ban For Mourinho
3/31/2005 5:33:00 PM
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has been handed a two-match touchline ban after Uefa's disciplinary committee found him guilty of disrepute.
The Portuguese coach was also fined £8,900 at the disciplinary hearing in Nyon, Switzerland, while the Blues were hit with a £33,300 fine. Assistant Steve Clarke and security officer Les Miles were also reprimanded for their conduct.

The charges related to the first leg of Chelsea's Champions League tie with Barcelona, which finished 2-1 in the Spaniards favour at the Nou Camp.

Mourinho claimed he saw Frank Rijkaard speaking to referee Anders Frisk during half time, but later changed his story to state he was told that this happened.

Chelsea progressed to the quarter-finals with a 4-2 win in the second leg and now face Bayern Munich, but will have to do so without their manager allowed in the dressing room or technical area before or during either legs.

The Blues are not expected to appeal Uefa's decision.

"We are not overly happy with the decision but we respect it," said PLC chairman Bruce Buck.

"I think the panel the took view that there was a misunderstanding in the statements we made - but that they were made in good faith and the club and the persons who made those statements continue to believe that.

"In large part the situation has been blown out of proportion but this was a serious matter and we’re hoping to put it behind us.

"The whole club respects Anders Frisk’s integrity and we are very sorry about the situation that developed.

"If our security people are able to develop any information about those people who have been harassing him, we will turn it over to the authorities."
------------------
mourinho is out for this one, this would hurt us alot...

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:/ Thankyou.

Thought i'd put a little effort into a thread for once :)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dutch Lion said:
Good old Bryan. :D

Too bad Robben can't play... he would tear that German defence apart.

Straight from Soccer Am. ;) Bryan!!

Lizarazu is the one we meed to get after, unfortunately Duff needs to play on the left. I'm worried that Sagnol may pick out Cole as he's not the most adventurous of players at times.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
I see nothing but a win for Chelsea. This is the match that we most win at least 3 - 1, so we can go to Germany the week after, a bit more released.

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
Ze Roberto will be up against Glen Johnson then? I don't like that match up, they could cause all sorts of problems on that side.

BTW Kezman played pretty well on Wednesday night from what I heard but his season continued in typical fashion when he hit the post after doing everything right to lift it over Casillias. He has been so unlucky this season, if you want to check it out, it's posted in the world cup thread in the Serbian thread. And good luck vs Bayern :)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thx Dusan.

I think Ze ROberto also plays on the right side of midfield to.. so it's gonna be either him Deisler or Salihamdizc I think.

K

·
0 Posts
chelsea can take byern, if they can beat barcalona then they can take byern, thats all you need to determin the matchs.

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
No I'm pretty sure Ze Robeto plays left and 100% Salilhamidzic is a right sided player.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
You'd be 100% correct.

-------------- Demichellis
Deisler -------------- Salihamidzic (subbed for Ze Roberto)
------------ Ballack

Is how they lined up at Highbury. Salihamidzic can play anywhere though.

1 - 20 of 175 Posts