Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still a few more days until we face Wigan at home.

Our fixtures over the next few weeks are 14th-Wigan(H); 17th-Everton(A); CL 22nd-Liverpool(A); 26th-MU(H); CL 30th-Liverpool(H); 5th-Newcastle(A); 11th-Bolton(H)

Basicly 3 easier fixtures and everything else will be very difficult.

Wigan are currently 8 points away from the relegation zone; they got a vital win against B'ham and right now look safe.

MU will play their game against Arsenal a day before us; and then 6 days latter they have to face Blackburn away.

I think it's safe to play Hilario in this game. Predicted line up:

-------------Hilario-------------
Belletti---Alex--Carvalho---Bridge
------------Mikel---------------
-------Lampard---Ballack---------
SWP---------------------Malouda
------------Anelka-------------

Giving a bit of rest to A.Cole; Terry; Kalou(might not be fit); Essien; Drogba and J.Cole. Because 4 days latter we have a difficult match against Everton who are not an easy side to face-as perhaps you remeber over the last year.
For the Everton game we will need a fully rested Essien to boss the midfield and J.Cole to terrorise Lescott.
While against Wigan we can afford to play Belletti and Bridge and let them go forward. Wigan rely on a powerfull duo of Bent & Heskey - while Valencia and Taylor will try to add a bit more one with his long shots the other with fints and crosses.

Nothing but a win will do, but other thing which is crucial in this game is not to get any more injuries.

:frustrat: CMON YOU BLUES :frustrat:

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either way we need a win against MU; so it doesnt make much difference-unless we are gonna drop points somewhere.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
OF course pulling ManU down would be the best scenario. Shorten the the lead at the top.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
there are no easy games. if we want to win we'll have to be close to our best behaviour vs. Wigan and definitely on our best at Everton. I have a feeling the Everton game might end a draw :moan: But I'm :hopeful: the boys will pull it out

Chelsea 2 - Wigan 0

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Will we see Ivanovic in a Chelsea shirt this season? This match is an option, play him on the right. But only if he is 100% ready, I prefer to wait if he has any problem (physical, language...)

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
first with the head gear now cech will probably need a mask for his scarred face, soon peter cech will play for us looking like this :pp

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
lol, you're silly. not only did you get it right with robocop, but you found the picture of him posing for presidency :howler:

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
Now that man poo beat the arse, it is unlikely that we will be able to overtake them on points. I'm confident we can beat them at home but i don't see them dropping points in any of their other games and we are most likely going to finish on equal number of points.

So can someone refresh my memory, does the EPL look at goal difference or head to head as i can't be stuffed googling now.

·
THE
14,122 Posts
So Arse just like sto piss us off.

for teh sake of keeping manpoo in it's toes, please beat Wigan.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Cech starts. The line up is: Petr Cech, Michael Essien, Alex, John Terry, Wayne Bridge, John Obi Mikel, Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack, Florent Malouda, Salomon Kalou and Nicolas Anelka. On bench: Henrique Hilario, Juliano Belletti, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Joe Cole and Andriy Shevchenko.

Ricardo Carvalho, Ashley Cole, Claude Makelele and Didier Drogba rest.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Things look different without Lampard and Makelele and JCole.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts