Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday, 30 March 2008
Stamford Bridge

Full strenght squad for Grant to choose from; playing at home while MU play Aston Villa this weekend. After the fight back against Arsenal spirits should be high in our camp. Boro are sitting at mid table and look safe from relegation at this point. They were able to get a draw against Arsenal so we should aproach this game very seriously.

Alot of our players played friendlies mid week-Lampard will hopefully be fit but I think Essien; Mikel and Ballack can start this game if he isnt(Maka played mid week with France so maybe he should be rested ahead of our CL games). Anelka looked quite good with France so I think he should start-maybe try a 4-3-1-2-with J.Cole in the middle with a free role.

If Ricardo Carvalho starts he will be making his 150th appearance in a Chelsea shirt. Boro have never won an EPL match at Stamford Bridge. We have kept a clean sheet against Boro in 15 out of the last 25 league matches.

Head to Head

League (inc PL): Chelsea 44 wins, Middlesbrough 28, Draws 29
Prem: Chelsea 14 wins, Middlesbrough 5, Draws 6

Last season we beat them 3-0 with two goals from Drogba and one OG.

My predicted line up

-----------Cudicini------------
Belletti--Carvalho--Terry--Bridge
------Essien-Mikel-Ballack------
------------J.Cole-------------
------Drogba-----Anelka-------

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
I'll be watching the first half an hour of the game before switching over to Juve - Parma. I'm desparate to see Parma this season.

The best of luck to you.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Firenze best of luck staying ahead of Milan and playing in the CL next season.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Every match from now on is going to be huge, hopefully we don't struggle in this match by keeping it up to the last second to search for a winner. Very important match.

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
I'd say:

Cudicini
Ferreira - Alex - Carvalho - Bridge
Mikel
Essien - Ballack
J. Cole -------------------- Kalou
Drogba​

Ferreira in front of Belletti to eliminate the threat of Downing. Makelele to be rested for CL. Lampard and Terry had injury problems in midweek so we shouldn't risk them as there is an adequate cover. In Cole and Drogba we have two proven match winners who can deliver something extra if things don't go our way.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
What about Malouda? I thought the reason he wasn't playing was because he was injured but then I saw that he started for France next week. Surely he must be good enough to have a place in the squad?

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
He doesn't play as well for Chelsea as he does for France or Lyon. Chelsea style doesn't play to his strength.

I'm expecting a monster performance tomorrow :fero: 2-0

·
977 Posts
What about Malouda? I thought the reason he wasn't playing was because he was injured but then I saw that he started for France next week. Surely he must be good enough to have a place in the squad?
Even if he must be, he is not. Kalou is way better at the moment.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Malouda isnt trusted by Grant; also I guess he needs time to adapt.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
-----------Cudicini------------
Belletti--Carvalho--Terry--Bridge
------Essien-Mikel-Ballack------
------------J.Cole-------------
------Drogba-----Anelka-------

You lineup is pretty good... I was also thinking why wouldnt Grant have a go at this.

When Mourinho started, he did try out JCole as an attacking mid in a preseason tour in USA IIRC. JCole also did something similar, but Launches himself from the wings in a free role during possession.

·
977 Posts
Chelsea will line-up in a 4-3-3 formation as follows:

23 Carlo Cudicini
35 Juliano Belletti
6 Ricardo Carvalho
26 John Terry (c)
18 Wayne Bridge
5 Michael Essien
12 John Mikel Obi
13 Michael Ballack
10 Joe Cole
15 Didier Drogba
21 Salomon Kalou

Substitutes: 40 Hilario, 33 Alex, 24 Shaun Wright-Phillips, 7 Andriy Shevchenko, 39 Nicolas Anelka.

Middlesbrough are expected to line-up in the following 4-4-2 formation:

Schwarzer; Young, Wheater, Pogatetz (c), Taylor; O'Neil, Boateng, Cattermole, Downing; Tuncay, Aliadière.

Subs: Turnball, McMahon, Shawky Johnson Alves

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
i m watching this one and Atalanta's match as well.

IF I have space on my screen, i would like to watch Fiorentina's too.

·
977 Posts
No one watching?
I'm.

Good start, but I believe Lampard would have scored a couple already. Chelsea sometimes seem to lack that extra man in the box and Lampard is always ready to be the one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts