Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:googly: Ok, I think it is safe to say that Jose has seriously lost his mind now. He takes both SWP and Cole off at the 26th minute, playing Essien on the right hand side. Why? The defence again looks shit the way he picks it but its SWP and Cole's fault, when both Duff and Robben have looked far worse at times.... especially Duff. Its a ****ing joke.

1-0 Fulham at the moment.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Joe Cole has been their best player this year probably, and without taking into consideration that SWP is slightly more incisive than a Ferreira/ Essien combo ever could, i'm sure this will do wonders for his confidence.

Mourinho's ego for me, as soon as they start losing he flaps and thinks he has to do something to show what a tactical guru he is, comes across pretty desperate.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well what can either of them do with 26 minutes, its bollocks. I've seen players do far far worse with that time than they did and not get taken off. They all looked crap against Barca, so why didn't he change everyone he could after 10 minutes. Yeah, both SWP and Cole should leave after this incident. No pro should have to put up with a farce like that, its embarassing.

Ferreira gives the goal away, has looked shit in general all season but stays on. Gallas always playing as a fullback.

Now Huth is off for Carvalho... nobody better get injured now. He's seriously lost his marbles. Any injury and they are down to ten men, at half time!

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
The Godfather said:
Well you say that, but that's what Chelsea habitually do.

79 mins

(and before you start, I adjusted it to Carvalho when I realized Huth had been taken off. They're equally unlikely scorers anyway.)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Mourinho reckons they were better after SWP and Cole went off. :howler:

sure they exerted predicted pressure but they had no ideas whatsoever, they could have done with SWP or Cole to create a situation by beating a man instead of endless hit and hope centres that Knight could head away in his sleep.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Mourinho really doesn't learn from his mistakes...he did the same thing last year against Newcastle in the FA Cup. Made 3 subs before half-time at only 1-0 down...SWP and Cole must be pissed off too.

End of the game was like 1975...Fulham fans being lead away by the police on the pitch...one of them was even wearing a parker. :howler:

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jern Lizardhous said:
Mourinho reckons they were better after SWP and Cole went off. :howler:

sure they exerted predicted pressure but they had no ideas whatsoever, they could have done with SWP or Cole to create a situation by beating a man instead of endless hit and hope centres that Knight could head away in his sleep.
Yeah, they had like one or two good chances on goal at most afterwards. The balance was just all over the place. Crespo went completely missing and Drogba was just knocking the ball wherever. Duff as usual was toothless, Ferreira can't even play RB let alone in the midfield.

Fulham in general looked the far better side, passing it around freely. While everyone in the Chelsea team looked to play it slow so when pressured hoofed it. Like watching England. SWP and Cole play and think fast, Duff always wants several touches as did all the other forwards. Needed an Eidur not a Drogba even if you think SWP and Cole after 26 minutes should be taken off.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts