Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:fero: DINNER TIME :fero:

Fener have a the edge in their fixture against us. The 2-1 win at home was a fair result for us not taking the chances we created. But now at home at Stamford Bridge we need to take game by the neck and prove exactly why this is still very much Jose's machine.

We need to grind them down for every meter of turf; Brake any resolve they have gained from the first leg; Stop their every attack before they reach the half way line; Bombard their goal with long shots; Make crosses from the wing which resamble homing misles; Brake the backs of their full backs with J.Cole and Kalou's fints; Dominate them in the air; Make the most out of every set piece; It's game time.

Nothing besides a win will do. This is the time for the team to show not only Fener but Merchindise United that we will are unbeatable at Stamford Bridge. A time to strike fear in the hearts of our Enemies.

Hopefully Grant doesnt **** this moment up.. because it is our moment.
:skull:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I went to check the odds

H 1.28 X 4.99 A 9.67

Pretty good.

Grant went with more Stablity with Essien at RB @ turkey.

Home Match, where will Essien play.....

my guess is

-----------Cudi
Belletti Carvalho Terry ACole
-----------Essien
-----Ballack ----Lampard
JCole ------------------Kalou
-------------DD

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Damn, las7.. I almost got motivated...
Anyhow, finishing will be the key I guess...

It is going to be interesting to see who is going to own RB-LB...
Carlos and Gokhan make wonderfull runs... Belletti and Cole are also quite good..
Well, I hope to see some good football.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
The odds are very generous for Fener, i might put a fiver on it. The way I see it is 50/50. At the end of the day, which ever teams makes the least mistakes will prevail.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
no cech is ruled out.
IMO chelsea would go through as they only need a giak to win it,

·
Registered
122 Posts
Deivid fires Blues broadside on itv.com
April 07 2008
Fenerbahce midfielder Deivid has told Chelsea that "names and money" cannot guarantee them success in the UEFA Champions League.

The Brazilian played a major part in the quarter-final, first leg in Istanbul last Wednesday night when he scored for both teams - his own goal handing the Blues a first-half lead.

However, the 28-year-old made up for his earlier mistake with a superb long-range effort in the second half to seal a 2-1 win for the Turks.

Should the west Londoners fail to overturn the 2-1 deficit in the second leg at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night it will mean another fruitless campaign in Europe for the club who has forked out over £350million on players since Roman Abramovich seized control.

And Deivid believes that football can be the great equaliser when pitted against such a star-studded team.

"In football, names and money don't win games. You have to go out there and play, 11 against 11," Deivid told The Sun.

"Money buys players, but doesn't build teams. We will play until the death and the better side on that specific night will be in the semi-finals."

Former Chelsea striker Mateja Kezman declared after the first-leg clash that Avram Grant's troops are lacking the team spirit they showed under Jose Mourinho.

Deivid agrees with his Fener team-mate and has called on Zico's charges to capitalise on Chelsea's frailties at their London fortress.

He said: "I think Chelsea are a bit adrift now. They were more compact when coached by Mourinho, they knew exactly what they wanted.

"Now they've lost a bit of prestige and respect. We see they are not in their best moment and we have to benefit from it.

"They have the responsibility; they are the millionaire team, the big team. We will go there to play football and, hopefully, come back to Istanbul with the right result."

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
should be a cracking game. Best of luck to both teams, let the best team win.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't care how we do it a win is freaking needed; it's not only because of the CL but the League as well. I think a lose or elemination in the CL will lead to a loss in moral which will prove costly if we want to keep things in the EPL interesting.
One win can do a world of difference in terms of self believe in some of these players.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Who is going to win in this mouth watering encounter ? Football is to be played for 90 minutes with extra time as a possibility. One team will win !! Who ?!!??! It is SOOO dramatic !! One will win , one will lose ! OMG !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Panic Room for Chelsea

this is going to such a task at hand for Fenerbahce, we need to play 210% if we want to have a chance....
I don't think 210% necessary. 80%-90% should suffice for this fixture.

As long as we don't make huge mistakes, blunders etc. and the Goal Keeper has to be on a good day.

We also need to get some type of performance out of Vederson (he is due for a long time) if he starts instead of Carlos; Ugur Boral, Aurellio, Gokhan Gonul, Alex, Kazim, Deivid, Kezman and Semih Senturk may contribute to scoreline. Edu and Lugano can also score headers during corners.

Fenerbahce can score 2 goals within 10 minutes any part of the game, so this game won't be over till it's over. and I'm sure Chelsea is also capable of doing the same, but Bridge will be Chelsea's Panic Room, not Fener's.

Fener has already achieved targeted CL QF and SemiFinal+ will be overachievement, so no big pressure on us.

·
Registered
744 Posts
i can not wait for the score after the 90 min is up...
gokhan better dominate the right wing like he had been doing in the TSL
and having presence of carlos just brings comfort to my eyes... I always take a long deep breath when carlos or alex has the ball ...

I am fearing a 3-0 upset ... but as long as we keep our heads in the game... we can come back with 2 goals for sure... 3-2 final score for chelsea .... is my guess

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any score can be expected from this game. but if I have to pick a score:

Chelsea 1 Fenerbahce 3 (Alex scoring some of the 3).

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
my heart says 1-1 but my gut says otherwise. ill just follow my heart this time :D. lets get this game goin allready

1 - 20 of 153 Posts