Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
away, hard game against title contenders.

we win, increases our lead and really one step closer to the title

a lose, a major set back, then we would need to press on winning as man utd AND chelsea would be close on us.

injury set backs latest is that ashly cole AND gilberto silva are to miss the game as they were injured in the number of friendlies.

----------------------lehmann--------------------

clichy---------kolo------------sol---------lauren

reyes--------parlour--------vieira--------pires

----------------henry----------berggy------------

thats my team.

go you gunners!

anything but a loss!!!

draw or win please!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I predict 1-0 to Chelsea :eek: I mean they have to beat you eventually... crespo

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Swifty,Parlour is out for six weeks with damaged medial ligaments,but i think Fred is back. :)

my guess is that Cole will miraculously make it as well :D

here's mine

---------------------Jens
Ralph--------Kolo-------Sol------Ash

Fred--------Paddy------Edu------Bob

---------------Dennis
---------------------------Titi

this will leave us with a strong bench of

Stacky,Cygan,Clichy,Reyes,Kanu

Chelsea 1-2 the Arse :cool:

Hassel,Titi,Bob. ;)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Double respect to Ranieri for not going on about the offside goal last w-end. I really like his fair play attitude and I really think it should be appreciated more in the press. The sad fact though is probably that the press prefer managers (and players) to slag off referees and their opponents, As it makes better articles. I also think his team's suffer a bit because of it. Because no matter what the morons in yellow, black, green or whatever colour they are wearing for the day :D says. It can't be funny being slaged off infront of the whole country by some of the most respected managers in the world.

Anyway, To this w-ends game. I suppose it's fair enough when people say that we could have lost last w-end but it can't be luck when we manage to beat them every time in the most strange ways. Generally I think we are a better team than Chelsea, Maybe not if you compare us player by player but as a team on the pitch we’re definitely better.
However I suppose we got to lose to them sometime and the scary thing about Chelski 2004 is that they can score at anytime. They got a whole bunch of player who can score at anytime from nowhere, even though we always seems to score 1 goal more :D.

My guess is 2 - 2 on Saturday, Campbell score the equaliser in the 91th minute.

·
63,337 Posts
it's not fair enough at all Jacke :tongue:

it was 1-0 to them,they had it in their own hands,Edu and Vieira stepped up to the plate and the Chelsea midfield wilted under the pressure. ;)

we bullied them. :cool:

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
Arsenal vs. Chelsea

Poll attached.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
umm..... gilberto does have a chance to play , so does ljunberg , only cole and parlour are ruled out , and wiltord is to start taining next week:D

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
which means we will still not get to see pennant play. i am getting very frustrated at the lack of opportunities for this lad..
expect him to score against Utd.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"umm..... gilberto does have a chance to play , so does ljunberg , only cole and parlour are ruled out , and wiltord is to start taining next week"

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=291850&cc=3436

important quotes from the article:

He told the club's official website: 'Ashley has a stiff back. He came in today and it was very stiff and very inflamed.

'We believe he will be short for Saturday's game but he might have a chance to play on Tuesday (at Celta Vigo in the Champions League).'

'Gilberto has a bad knock on his ankle but fortunately it is not twisted. We will see how he responds to treatment today and training tomorrow. There is small possibility for Saturday

'But Ray Parlour (knee) is out as well so our options are shorter now. It is important not to get any more injuries.'

------------

ashly cole: out for chelsea, maybe in for celta

gilberto: possibility to play against chelsea

parlour: out

so freddie and willy is back, so i think i will go with jern's team.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
hope to win
any win
just a win

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
it's a good news
Titi and Sol are set to begin
Freddie also has a good chance
so I think it's clear now

--------------------Lehmann

-Lauren------Toure-------Sol---------Clichy

-Ljungberg---Edu :) ----Vieira-------Pires

----------------Bergkamp
------------------------------Titi

and with Reyes comming in the seconed half
else Reyes begin in the right instead of Ljungberg

·
63,337 Posts
gunner4ever said:
which means we will still not get to see pennant play. i am getting very frustrated at the lack of opportunities for this lad..
expect him to score against Utd.
I think he won't make it at the Arsenal,he had an opportunity to show he had a good attitude,play well and keep his head down at Leeds.

what has he done,gone out drinking with Jody Morris and got into trouble with the Police,then he gets done for drink driving a few weeks later :rolleyes: and his form has been nothing to write home about either.

he may well have the talent to play for the Arsenal,but IMO he doesn't have the character,i expect him to be moved on in the summer.

·
63,337 Posts
revised team,Gilberto fit :cool:

-----------------Jens
Ralph-----Kolo-----Sol----Gael

Gilberto--Paddy---Edu----Bob

------------Den
--------------------Titi

Subs

Stacky,Cygan,Reyes,Kanu,Fred

Chelsea are without Cudicini,Crespo and Duff still.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Surprisingly Henry and Campbell are back :rolleyes:

Chelsea's injury worries are much more seveere unfortunately. Crespo, Duff, Cudicini, Petit, Stanic and Veron are all out :O..

Still if teams come to attack us at Stamford Bridge I always fancy are chances... 2 - 1

(Guddy and Lamps) (Pires :O)?

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
I Hope we kick your ass , so u know once and for all who the beter team is , although i think deep down u know.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts