Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea have not given up on Inter's £5m defender Christian Panucci. Chelsea have been in touch with the Panucci for much of the summer but are facing stiff competition from Roma.

Last week Chelsea offered unsettled winger Gabriele Ambrosetti in part-exchange for Panucci but were turned down. It is understood that the London club are working on a player-plus-cash deal which could see either midfielder Didier Deschamps or defender Frank Leboeuf heading to the San Siro.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Panucci has turned down the move,on the basis that Chelsea isn´t a big club. He would rather go to Roma.

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
So you want proof.Here it is:

EXCLUSIVE Chelsea too small for Panucci
Saturday 22nd July 2000

Chelsea have been dealt a humiliating snub by Italian defender Christian Panucci. The want-away Inter Milan star admitted he had talked to Stamford Bridge boss Gianluca Vialli but added: "I thanked him for his interest but I told him I wanted to carry on playing for a big club."

Vialli was desperate to bring the 27-year-old to London in a £5 million deal. The Inter Milan centre-half has been told he can leave the San Siro and the Chelsea boss had offered fellow Italian Gabriele Ambrosetti in part-exchange.

But Panucci, who has won European Cups with Real Madrid and AC Milan, insists he wants to stay in Italy and play for Roma.

Panucci said: "I had a conversation on the telephone with Gianluca Vialli recently about going to Chelsea.

"I thanked him for his interest but I told him I wanted to carry on playing for a big club.

"I would much rather stay in Italy because I want to work with Fabio Capello and a move to Roma interests me much more than the Premiership."

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But they are able to attract really big players :) just like Fiorentina.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts