Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we don't care about Chelsea and don't consider them true rivals (instead I consider them a disgrace to football), which of their over-priced and over-valued mercenaries do you care the least about?

I'd have to say Drogba, the most over-priced and over-valued mercenary of them all! :lala:

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Drogba is not that good true! but if they are not true rivals, how come they are sitting top of the premiership by 5 pts, and no matter how hard Arsenal try, that gap seems not to be closing!

The way they have got here is stupid and a disgrace (1 moment being poor, then the next being the richest club in the world) but they are still a football club never the less and a pretty good one at that!

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Deano said:
Drogba is not that good true! but if they are not true rivals, how come they are sitting top of the premiership by 5 pts, and no matter how hard Arsenal try, that gap seems not to be closing!

The way they have got here is stupid and a disgrace (1 moment being poor, then the next being the richest club in the world) but they are still a football club never the less and a pretty good one at that!
Only because of the sheer amount invested in such a little time.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Deano said:
True rivals are Spurs and Man United. Definitely NOT Chelsea. Fact of the matter is we don't care about them, never have and never will. They're like an annoying fly on the wall that doesn't go away.

Chelsea ARE NOT a big club. They never were and aren't now. They manufactured this 'success' through dirty money. Not through their own hard work, unlike the mancs. I may hate them but they're still respectable (just) and if I had to choose who'd win the title between them and that disgrace of a club, it'd be Man United.

Plus, it can only be a rivalry if it goes both ways. It's like the short man's (Chelsea) jealousy of the big man's (Arsenal) trophy cabinet. It's the source behind their hatred of us: we have what they don't, hence they've made up this supposed 'derby' with us that never existed and never will.

Arsenal and Spurs is an eternal rivalry, Arsenal and Chelsea is a myth.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
I thought you meant premiership title rivals!

Still, they are rivals in that sense!

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And only in that sense. Technically, even Everton are rivals in that sense, but don't consider Everton as rivals. Chelsea never were a big club - remember, Huddersfield Town have more trophies than they do.

We didn't care about Chelsea in 02/03 when they sucked. They hated us then too, but only because shitty little clubs like them always pick bigger clubs like Arsenal and create this mythical rivalry to think they're important when they so clearly aren't.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Now you know yourself that Everton are not rivals even in a title sense!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I don't mind Drogba, i've always liked him in interviews, the one i really used to hate was Dennis Wise. :yuck:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lampard.

Purely for the fact he is the most overrated player ever. He has no natural talent what so ever, he is such a basic player with no recgonisable strong points.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I don't mind Drogba, i've always liked him in interviews, the one i really used to hate was Dennis Wise. :yuck:

He was awesome! :shades: Loved how he shouted to the referee: "It's a fücking foul" You could see his mouth very clear. You don't have to be a "lipreader" to understand what he was saying :D:D

Btw; why did you hate him?

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
yea dennis wise, that biatch tried to square up to vieira, we all know who won that outcome ;)

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Didier Drogba. The most overpriced player ever.

Lampard, on the other hand, probably lacked of natural talents like Fabregas or Gerrard in particular, but he has the consistency playing as central midfielder and he does have the necessary skills to make him great player in his position. He is still a threat.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
lampard overrated? i actually dont think so, there isnt that much hype about the guy as much as the others. the guy is solid i believe, its not sht, its above average, gets the job done. his shots remind of nedved

·
Registered
398 Posts
Lampard is arguably better than Vieira this season Twakya. There is nothing overrated about him. Compare him to past overrated players such as Owen and Beckham, and you will see that Lampard has always shown 100% commitment and played consistently at a high level every game.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts