Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The Times says Corinthians are well aware of Chelsea's interest, but are loath to sell a player they consider to be the heartbeat of their club, privately claiming that it will take a fee of £60 million to secure his services.

Tevez has made a huge impact in Brazil since his £12 million move from Boca Juniors, captaining Corinthians to the league title in his first season, and it is understood that he is ready for a move to Europe.

The 22-year-old has spoken to Hernلn Crespo about joining him in London, although it is not certain that his Argentina team-mate will be at Chelsea next season.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good. I'm getting tired of this billionaire takeover crap: the sooner world football stops this the better (and I am aware that Corinthians themselves fall under this banner).

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Am I the only one who finds his neck scars utterly cool?

I'd wager they weren't very cool at the time for him (the polar opposite going by the stories, actually) but I like them.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Boiling water from a kettle as a little child apparently. I remember reading a story a while ago about how Carlitos refused to have medical surgery to 'fix' them, because they serve as a reminder of his character (er go, they are part of him).

Great outlook if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I initially read that he refused to have plastic surgery because it serves as a reminder of who he was. (Thought Carlitos had a great outlook on life) Later, I read that he refused it because it will take him away from the game for 4 months. Well, whichever story it is, I really don't care! Think he is a great footballer for Argentina.

The story of his scar: At a mere ten months, an unfortunate accident left Tevez scarred for life. While exploring the terrain of his mother’s kitchen floor, Carlos pulled a kettle of boiling water over himself. This caused third-degree burns to the right side of his face, neck and chest and left him in intensive care for almost two months.

Today the scars are a visible signature of Carlitos, who refused an offer from his Boca Juniors to have them cosmetically improved, saying that the scars were a part of who he was in the past and who he is today.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Carlitos has had plastic surgery on his skin already. ALl this 'character' is bullshit. As soon as he had enough $ that's the first thing he did. That and his spanking new braces on his grill.

The English should take notice and do likewise instead of spending their money on warmn beer and cheap whores.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts