Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now it's getting tougher and 10 points is bloody a huge gap to fill,I really can't see this getting closed down.Chelsea are riding the storm now and could only lose the title themselves.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Its difficult to drop 10 points.. and the possibilities of ..scoring against Chelsea?

Arsenal, apparently looked like they can still drop points.

Man u, as always... get a good 2nd half season.

I think it will be done before the meeting of Chelsea with Arse or Man u :D

1. Chelsea
2. Man U
3. Everton
4. Arsenanl

JM is Fantastic.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Adriano10 said:
Its difficult to drop 10 points.. and the possibilities of ..scoring against Chelsea?

1. Chelsea
2. Man U
3. Everton
4. Arsenanl

JM is Fantastic.
I think that's right.

Everton would have finished 2nd with Grav ;)?

Maybe Arsenal will finish fifth.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I suppose if there's one consolation for us is that you probably won't clinch it when you play us, nor will we lose it at our own stadium.

Hehe, Mancs. :howler:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
should be interesting, but i have to say i see arsenal droping more points. great run by JM seriously the manager of the year.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
10 points is a massive gap and because through the weeks now Chelsea have simply looked less and less likely to stumble.Although there are a few games left now I just am convinced it's Chelsea's certainly to lose. ;)

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Adriano10 said:

1. Chelsea
2. Man U
3. Everton
4. Arsenanl

JM is Fantastic.
I would love for this to happen :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
JM is a genius!!! but he is to cocky and that might cost him!!!!!!!!!!!!! we will see what happens

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How I hope he loses the title to shut him up,Because he's just so annoying.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
He is a cocky bastard, but it's also a deliberate act. All part of the man's plan.

I'm just hoping England and Italy, (where he's said he'd like to coach someday), get through with him quick, so he can coach the Portuguese NT.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
yes, and then probably coach Inter or Juve. Juve more likely perhaps, but Inter if he wants to take on that 'battle' ;)

·
Registered
786 Posts
era hehehe MAN UTD will come back next year stronger then ever !!!! offseason does wonders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Mourinho admits title almost in the bag

LONDON, Jan 19 (Reuters) - Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho has finally come out and said what everyone else at the club has been thinking for weeks - the league title is almost in the bag.

Jose Mourinho: Title admission. (NealSimpson/GettyImages)

With 15 games to go and 45 points to play for it should be way too early to be allocating the Premier League prizes but Chelsea's 10-point lead, allied to the way they are playing and the size of their squad, makes it virtually impossible to look beyond them.

'There is so much ground for the teams chasing us to make up,' Mourinho told Chelsea TV.

'Could you ever imagine that with all the new players and a new coach we could be 10 clear at this stage?

'Of course 10 points is 10 points, it is better than seven and it is better than five but if one day we lose a game or two points and the gap goes from 10 to seven or eight, we are ready to accept it as natural and keep going, controlling the distance.

'If it goes from 10 to 12 or 13 points then maybe it will be over.'

Champions Arsenal, leading the chasing pack with 48 points, look a shadow of the team who took the title without losing a match last year.

They would need to match their remarkable 2002 run-in, when they won their last 13 games to climb from fourth place to the title, to mount a realistic challenge -- which would only be ultimately successful if Chelsea lost form and a string of matches.

Manchester United, third on 47, are improving by the week but also need something spectacular, along the lines of the 1995-96 season when they won 13 of their last 15.

That was the season when Newcastle somehow managed to finish second despite leading by 12 points on January 20.

In fact, United wiped out the deficit in two months and ended the season four points clear and as double winners after adding the FA Cup.

Mourinho's Chelsea, however, are a very different team to the Newcastle of Kevin Keegan. The Portuguese thinker would have a heart attack if his team won by Keegan's trademark 4-3 - let alone lost by the same score.

For all the high-profile forwards and midfielders who have poured into Stamford Bridge since Roman Abramovich arrived in the summer of 2003, it is the solidity of the defence, led by home-grown John Terry, that has taken them clear this season.

Only eight goals conceded in 23 league games is a startling statistic. United are next-best with 13 while Arsenal have leaked 25.

The fewest goals conceded in a season was 16 by Liverpool in the 42-game campaign of 1978-79, while Arsenal let in 17 in their 38 games of 1998-99, although they still finished second behind United that season.

With the goals also going in at the other end, and from a wide variety of sources, everything points to Chelsea winning their second league title and first for 50 years.

For Chelsea to miss out in their centenary year they would have to drop at least 10 points and one of the chasing two would have to win all 15 of their remaining games.

It is an unlikely scenario to say the least. Arsenal host United on February 1 and, if Chelsea can get something from their tricky trip to Everton on February 12, they could have stretched their lead when their attention turns to Barcelona in the Champions League later in the month.

By the time Chelsea face United and Arsenal in April it could be all over and they could even be heading for a record Premier League points total.

United managed 92 points from 42 games in 1994 and 91 from the 38 games of 2000.

United lost three and drew seven in 2000, a target realistically within reach of Chelsea, providing they secure the title early and do not ease off in the latter stages to concentrate on Europe.

It is a little different from their only previous title, secured despite 10 defeats and 12 draws, their 52-point tally being and remaining the equal-lowest since the league was expanded in 1919.

www.soccernet.com
------------------------------
even mourinho agrees :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts