Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like they will win the league and the only reason why this is because they have bought it people will say look at Arsenal players that money has been spent on but that is different. Because arsenal earned that money through tv deals gate recipts and sponsarship deals they did not have a abromich type of person come. in and spend money on players
before he came in Chelsea were in finacial problems so when people look back in 20 years time and look at chelsea trophies we will say they were all bought.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
henryrules said:
It looks like they will win the league and the only reason why this is because they have bought it people will say look at Arsenal players that money has been spent on but that is different. Because arsenal earned that money through tv deals gate recipts and sponsarship deals they did not have a abromich type of person come. in and spend money on players
before he came in Chelsea were in finacial problems so when people look back in 20 years time and look at chelsea trophies we will say they were all bought.

Ah, quit your whining.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
well said henryrule :thumbsup:

and not only that, he hasn't even bought a spectacular team but a functional one. :googly:

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
I think Jose wanted a functional team to start with. Next season we add Joaquin, maybe Zambrotta and maybe Adriano and things get interesting. :)

·
63,337 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
I think Jose wanted a functional team to start with. Next season we add Joaquin, maybe Zambrotta and maybe Adriano and things get interesting. :)
do you think so ? i can't imagine Mourinho's teams ever being flamboyant no matter the personnel, obviously they will be much better with them players but i still expect a methodical style.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
do you think so ? i can't imagine Mourinho's teams ever being flamboyant no matter the personnel, obviously they will be much better with them players but i still expect a methodical style.
A great two way team can be spectacular with the right ingredients. Lord knows I'm looking forward to seeing Robben and Joaquin bomb down their respective wings next season if Joaquin signs.

·
63,337 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
A great two way team can be spectacular with the right ingredients. Lord knows I'm looking forward to seeing Robben and Joaquin bomb down their respective wings next season if Joaquin signs.

I only watch them because their opponent is my second favourite team, i find the whole set-up sickening and i reckon it will get worse in the next years as they start to seperate away further, Robben i really like as a player though though.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Well done Chelsea. My hat off too you.

No different from a Manchester United, Milan or Real Madrid. They have just taken buying of players to another level.

:)

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Eh, I think they'll have to come out when teams start to figure out ways to beat them.
And then Chelsea will just buy differnt strikers or defenders :)

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Joaquin will most probably not be joining Chelsea as he said he wants to stay in Spain.

Duff and Robben are good enough anyway, I think Chelsea are well-covered down the flanks.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
El Fenómeno said:
Joaquin will most probably not be joining Chelsea as he said he wants to stay in Spain.

Duff and Robben are good enough anyway, I think Chelsea are well-covered down the flanks.
Joe Cole isnt a bad player either...

·
63,337 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
Eh, I think they'll have to come out when teams start to figure out ways to beat them.
ways to beat them ? with those new players ?

i think we need another two or three sugar daddies to come in if we want to make EPL competitive, like Serie A when they had a few clubs throwing money around like confetti.

when's David Sullivan going to start spending his wad ? :D

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
El Fenómeno said:

Eh, never underestimate the power of throwing ridiculous sums of money at people.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
ways to beat them ? with those new players ?

i think we need another two or three sugar daddies to come in if we want to make EPL competitive, like Serie A when they had a few clubs throwing money around like confetti.

when's David Sullivan going to start spending his wad ? :D
If Sullivan gives us the Parker money in the summer I'll be happy with him. ;). To be fair to him he's slowly getting better. Invested a lot last summer.

You'll be spending heavily once the Grove is completed too. I reckon ENIC might come out with spurs. Also I hear a couple more oligarchs need to get away from Russia. ;)

1 - 20 of 101 Posts