Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I work within walking distance from Chelsea's Stamford Bridge ground in London, England. I filmed this short, eight-second video of some Chelsea FC graffiti on the world-famous King's Road. Thought you might like it :)

1KpyYCDnmgI

Chelsea's location within one of the world's media capitals means that it has featured in popular culture way more than most other football clubs. Chelsea and its surrounding neighbourhoods contain some of the most iconic low-rise architecture anywhere in the world. I thought this would be a good place to discuss such things.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Monte, I saw that post in the BiH forum as well and I don't get it. What about the graffiti made you want to film it?

·
Registered
42,712 Posts
Montedia, I notice you've got Yamagata in your teams list. How did you end up following them? I saw this Japanese movie called Departures [actually it won the Oscar for best foreign language film] and it was set in Yamagata, looks like a beautiful place.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
I enjoy architecture and street art from the Post-Classic Mayan Period myself, but whatever floats your boat

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Monte, I saw that post in the BiH forum as well and I don't get it. What about the graffiti made you want to film it?
What I love about it is the paradox. It is such a lame, ordinary piece of graffiti - something that could be done by a child with a marker pen - on one of the most opulent, ritzy thoroughfares in the world :dielaugh:

チャットキラー;11251625 said:
Montedia, I notice you've got Yamagata in your teams list. How did you end up following them? I saw this Japanese movie called Departures [actually it won the Oscar for best foreign language film] and it was set in Yamagata, looks like a beautiful place.
Longstanding pre-Fukushima fascination with Japan + a month or so playing Football Manager with Urawa Red Diamonds in 2003 = affiliation with Montedio Yamagata :googly:

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cüneyt Arkın;11258009 said:
Would a picture not suffice?
In the era of Vine, YouTube, Vimeo and NND, I just didn't see the point of a still picture :neutral:

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I enjoy architecture and street art from the Post-Classic Mayan Period myself, but whatever floats your boat
Hardly any of that stuff in London, alas :depress:

·
Registered
42,712 Posts
Longstanding pre-Fukushima fascination with Japan + a month or so playing Football Manager with Urawa Red Diamonds in 2003 = affiliation with Montedio Yamagata :googly:
Considering your interest in Japan, I recommend you check out that movie Departures, very interesting movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1069238/

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
What I love about it is the paradox. It is such a lame, ordinary piece of graffiti - something that could be done by a child with a marker pen - on one of the most opulent, ritzy thoroughfares in the world :dielaugh:
:howler:

Now I get it!

When it comes to graffiti, I have to give credit to Torcida of Hajduk Split. No matter where you are in Dalmatia, you'll see their logo's and all kinds of graffiti tied to the club. Very impressive. :thumbsup:

Some examples here if you haven't visited the place.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=torcida+grafiti&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=nl&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=hLDWUeXrAsmxPKWagOAI&biw=1064&bih=852&sei=hrDWUba2EIjgPIbmgcAC#um=1&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:nl:official&hl=nl&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=torcida+split+grafiti&oq=torcida+split+grafiti&gs_l=img.3...18012.21849.2.22119.21.18.0.3.3.0.79.851.18.18.0....0...1c.1.19.img.mp1THco-3GQ&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.48705608,d.ZWU&fp=b0364b1a3498e1f0&biw=1064&bih=852

·
Csíkszentmihályi fan
6,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
チャットキラー;11287761 said:
Considering your interest in Japan, I recommend you check out that movie Departures, very interesting movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1069238/
Will definitely check it out. Many thanks!

This one in particular is amazing. Graffiti in a sans-serif font! :thmbup:

Would love to head back to ex-Yu one day...hopefully soon...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts