Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea have rebuffed approaches from Fenerbahce and Napoli and confirmed that Gianfranco Zola will still be at Stamford Bridge next season.

The former Parma star has resolved his differences with manager Gianluca Vialli, and he will return for pre-season training with the West Londoners eager to supply the ammunition for new boys Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Eidur Gudjohnsen.

"He's definitely staying and it's very pleasing," said managing director Colin Hutchinson. "There's been so many rumours and speculation, and underhand tricks with clubs and agents approaching him directly, with lucrative offers, rather than going to Chelsea first.

"It's true that Fenerbahce and Napoli tried to arrange meetings with us. They sent faxes but, much to their annoyance, we've said he's not for sale.

"I've taken a lot of stick for not entering into negotiations with them," he revealed.

The Blues, who are awaiting a work permit for Croatian Mario Stanic after agreeing terms with Parma and the player, will be pleased that the tension between Zola and his manager has been eased.

"They had slight differences, on the playing aspects, and both are very proud Italians," admitted Hutchinson on ClubCall. "It was necessary to get matters resolved and having things sorted out before the pre-season."

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
do you know what,you are crazy just as me!!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great news

after i heard that Zola is playing for Chelsea another season, i found out that we can enjoy the game more at Stanfor Bridge. Eventhough i have not been in the stadium yet, i am sure the fans along with Chlesea will be pleased by their new stars and the stay of the italian striker. one more year for Zola and another great season for Chelsea. For all of Chelsea's fans ... "Congratulations"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts