Xtratime Community banner

Neutrals ONLY:D;): So which team will/should go through?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For us neutral supporters, who do you think is going to have the last laugh.

Watching Depor-Barca game yesterday, I think Barca is going to be stunned. Chelsea is going to punish them from set pieces and counteratacks. Barca is a perfect team for the league, but they can't handle the pressure of cup ties.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Chelsea haven't been looking too convincing lately too, and they need to score at least 2 goals plus a cleansheet in the Nou Camp to progress.

My money is on Barcelona.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Though 1-0 up, I think Barça should be extra careful in the 2nd leg. Mourinho's Chelsea is a team that can win just by staying defensive. If Drogba, Essien and most importantly Gallas plays, it'll be harder for Barça to control midfield. Especially Gallas, though he is only a defender, he is the key player who secured Chelsea's defense from wing attack. I remember well how Giuly and Deco failed to penetrate Chelsea's defense last season.

I support Barça. But still, I think it'll still a tough match.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
From my neutral (how can anybody be neutral in such a match!) point of view, I believe Barça is going to win and I hope they will. :D

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Calcio100 said:
Watching Depor-Barca game yesterday, I think Barca is going to be stunned. Chelsea is going to punish them from set pieces and counteratacks. Barca is a perfect team for the league, but they can't handle the pressure of cup ties.
lol :howler: they couldn't do it at HOME! and you think chelsea is gonna get through in NOU CAMP!

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
I wonder how many people in the world will support Barca and how many Chelsea, but i know it would be 90:10 for barca :howler:

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
From a neutral view, i want to see the best game. Barca will go through most likely but to write Chelsea off is just silly.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I can't say I am neutral since Messi plays for Barca and moreover been rested for the game, but I do really think Barca are going to score which is more than enough to go through.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Pooh said:
I can't say I am neutral since Messi plays for Barca and moreover been rested for the game, but I do really think Barca are going to score which is more than enough to go through.
But Crespo plays for Chelsea... :googly:

Does that not make you neutral then??

1 for Barcelona
and
1 for Chelsea

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Starcraft said:
But Crespo plays for Chelsea... :googly:

Does that not make you neutral then??
Hehe :D I expected something like that :tongue: Let me just say that Crespo is not really on my fav players list even though he is Argentine, that dose really lend a hand to him with that, ask Fangio :D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Deo said:
lol :howler: they couldn't do it at HOME! and you think chelsea is gonna get through in NOU CAMP!
No, man... this is not closed. If they score first, there is a lot to play and a lot to suffer... they always score first against us. It's not going to be a party. I have confidence in our team, I think that only Barcelona can lose this game doing stupid things, but accidents happen and we're experts in it.

I think that Barcelona at 100% is better than Chelsea at 100%, but this is not always possible.

If we score first, I think that we'll have the 95% in our pocket, because they would have to score 3, which is possible, but it'd be like a mountain for them. But noone can assure this.

Besides, the Camp Nou has a pitch that also helps their game. The Camp Nou is wide, which is perfect for counter attacks, since there are lots of spaces. It also reduces the efficiency of their defensive game for the same reason. It's hard to win in the Camp Nou only defending.

I hope our attacking trio have a good day, because even if they score, we would go through.

The parties, if so, after the game, not before. The keys are the same: we have to keep the ball. We have to finish the actions, we can't lose stupid balls in the midfield, it's better a long ball in a complicated situation than to allow counter attacks, since they don't build football very well. We can not allow set pieces near the box, because it's one of our main weaknesses, as we proved yesterday, and also one of their main strengths. Let's not fall in their provocations, a battle game is better for them than for us.

We won in Stamford Bridge, because we respected them a lot and we must remain humble. This is not finished yet.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Besides, the Camp Nou has a pitch that also helps their game. The Camp Nou is wide, which is perfect for counter attacks, since there are lots of spaces. It also reduces the efficiency of their defensive game for the same reason. It's hard to win in the Camp Nou only defending.
Doesn't football pitch have standard? I always thought so until i read this post.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
vinsea said:
Doesn't football pitch have standard? I always thought so until i read this post.
Umm ... no.

Every pitch is different. Anfield is wider than any other pitch in the Premier League.

There's a minimum and a maximum but there's no set requirement for every pitch to have the same dimensions; that'd just make football even more characterless.

I hope Barcelona completely annihilate those mugs and do us all a favour. :lala:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Koeman4 said:
No, man... this is not closed. If they score first, there is a lot to play and a lot to suffer... they always score first against us. It's not going to be a party. I have confidence in our team, I think that only Barcelona can lose this game doing stupid things, but accidents happen and we're experts in it.

I think that Barcelona at 100% is better than Chelsea at 100%, but this is not always possible.

If we score first, I think that we'll have the 95% in our pocket, because they would have to score 3, which is possible, but it'd be like a mountain for them. But noone can assure this.

I hope our attacking trio have a good day, because even if they score, we would go through.

The parties, if so, after the game, not before. The keys are the same: we have to keep the ball. We have to finish the actions, we can't lose stupid balls in the midfield, it's better a long ball in a complicated situation than to allow counter attacks, since they don't build football very well. We can not allow set pieces near the box, because it's one of our main weaknesses, as we proved yesterday, and also one of their main strengths. Let's not fall in their provocations, a battle game is better for them than for us.

We won in Stamford Bridge, because we respected them a lot and we must remain humble. This is not finished yet.
Sure it's not closed, remember the Milan-Deportivo game? :howler:
BUT, Barca is currently the best team in the world and in a very good form, we won against deportivo last night so we have a good confidience, we will play in the nou camp with 2 away goals advantage, they scored first in the fist leg than barca slow peaced scored 2 goals, the pich favours barca more than chelsea this time, messi is playing and i can guarantie you another red card etc. etc. The chances for Chelsea simply 1:10 that they win :rolleyes:
I mean that all things were against barca last game and we still managed to win!

It's just that everyone think it's hard to beat chelsea where a team like Liverpool could destroy them if we would have Eto'o or Ronaldinho upfront, we just lack the strikers to get the job done :sigh:.

And i think that Raijkard is not a fool and will play more attention to the defense, im sure Chelsea will score but not more than a goal.

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
They lost at home and will lose again. They lack individual talent to compete with the big guns, good "system players" but that's all.

Chelsea is a perfect team for the (English) league, but they can't handle the extra skills of cup ties.

1 - 20 of 240 Posts