Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As we know chelsea have psv has a feeder club for south amercian players first it was Alex and farfan now it could be robihno of santos i do not think this is right. sure chelsea fans love it and they say us arsenal fans are whinging again but is telling the truth whinging no it is not sure most fans agree with me about this.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
manchester united have been doin it 4 the past 2 years as well i think it was all the idea of peter kenyon

·
Registered
95 Posts
its not a "FEEDER" club as such, its an agreement which is beneficial to both clubs.

the reality is that dutch clubs have been exploited since ajax lost all their top players. chelsea protect them from small bids from big clubs so that they can have the first say.

psv also get excellent players from south america which have been key in propelling them to the semi finals of the cl this season.

·
Registered
580 Posts
it's not exactly like they get these playes on a free. Sporting Lisbon has an agreement with Man Utd but Ronaldo didn't go for free, he cost 12m.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
I've had a soft spot for Chelsea for a long time now, but I believe that these kind of things aren't fun at all. Ambramovich has been pumping in money to the club like crazy and basically got monopoly on big transfer since no one else is ready to spend, but that's fair, it's his money. BUT he also got several satelite clubs like Corinthians, Psv, Spartak Moscow and he's planning to sign some Israeli and Portuguese club too?. Is football still a sport when someone can do all this? Basically it's a triangle trade now, South America-PSV-Chelsea and (Sparkak too to a certain extent). It's not football anymore, but a dirty bussiness :thmbdown:

If there would be more guys like Abramovich that controlled seversal clubs, alright fair enough. But as it looks like right now, it's not fun at all.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
I'd like some billionaire with unlimited spending power to take over some REALLY small club, like Dag and Red or sth, and start pumping in millions, that's be right royal fun.:shades:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yeah because they'd achieve instant success as the club shoots up through the leagues and in seven years or so becomes the biggest team in the world ever

When given a choice between taking a big, well established club and a team they've never heard of somewhere in the non-league structure, take a wild guess where the money men will go

:rollani:

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
*cough*Fulham*cough*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts