Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First Zambrotta is rumoured to be on his way.. then Gilardino.. and now Adriano! We're in danger of losing all our star attractions to the English Premier League! What's going on?! This sort of thing was unthinkable 10 years ago.. how calcio has changed over the past decade..

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Now you know how South Amercians feel

Also I don't think 70million sterling would be a steal, If anything the money would make SerieA clubs stronger.

·
THE
14,431 Posts
Celsea had/has Gullit, Casiraghi, Vialli, Zola, Di Matteo, Ambrosetti, Dalla Bona, Cudicini and few more Italians, not to mention Desially, Le Boeuf, Descamps. Unthinkable, really.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
It's not stealing. It's called purchasing. The players are employed by the clubs, not owned by them. A transfer takes place when the selling club, buying club and player all mutually agree for a transfer. It's not like Chelsea putting a gun to the head of the player and the club that you give us the player or bust.

Chelsea at one point played a starting 11 without a single Englishman on the pitch except Dennis Wise.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
First Zambrotta is rumoured to be on his way.. then Gilardino.. and now Adriano! We're in danger of losing all our star attractions to the English Premier League! What's going on?! This sort of thing was unthinkable 10 years ago.. how calcio has changed over the past decade..
It's rumours how many of these players will actually go to Chelsea?I doubt many,I can't see many young talents moving to england in all respects.most young players especially Italians I can't see making the transition,especially for the chance of playing for the NT get's halted.
Maccarone was one prime example.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
None of those players should end up in chelsea..... zambrotta...maybye... but they know the age old unwritten rule of italian football......if you play in england.... your chances of getting in the national team decrease....and the world cup is coming up. Nuff said..... The thread is irrelavant.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
It's just cycles. EPL is the richest league in the world so players will want to go there. Players who want competition ultimately end up having to follow the money grabbers too.

Might have to get used to it for the next few years until the EPL cycle ends.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
It's just cycles. EPL is the richest league in the world so players will want to go there. Players who want competition ultimately end up having to follow the money grabbers too.

Anyone who thinks that Adriano will go to chelsea of his own free will should be sent to neverland to be buggered by Micheal Jackson

Anyone who thinks the loss of alberto gilardino signals some kind of power change in european football should also do the above.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
If Chelsea come up with the cash Inter want and offer Adriano a big pay hike to go he'll take it. Any rational human being would.

And no it isn't just Gila. Just the EPL has been sneaking up for years.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Rob Edwards said:
If Chelsea come up with the cash Inter want and offer Adriano a big pay hike to go he'll take it. Any rational human being would.

And no it isn't just Gila. Just the EPL has been sneaking up for years.
OMG....2 CL finals in 6 years eh?.....NO...... in a way i see what you mean....but im gonna let people know at XT that the spanish will be back with a vengence next year, barca especially, and so the people (and their are some) that assume that it is between us and the epl are totally wrong....Im from london by the way...ahahahah.

·
Registered
47,348 Posts
Rob Edwards said:

Get used to what?
The strongest flux of Italian players happened when the English clubs were indeed the richest in the world. Chelsea could buy Vialli, Di Matteo and Zola, Middlesbrough could buy Ravanelli, Tottenham could get Berti etc. etc. Right now I can only see the super Chelsea of Abramovich substantially richer than the three top Italian clubs. Now I can just notice clubs like Arsenal and Man Utd "stealing" promising youngsters thanks to poor Italian laws.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
It all comes down to the players,As I said no disrespect to Chelsea for example but players leaving clubs like Milan,Juventus,Inter or Roma is a big change.The fact is that the big 3 in Italy do have money and aren't desperate for it either,So that is why they don't just take whatever offer is presented to them.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
the only EPL club that can afford Zambrotta and Adriano is the Russian theme park, other players from the lower brackets could go though.

don't worry we all against the Russian distortion of football, EPL and Serie A unite against it, ARE YOU WITH ME BROTHERS ? POWER TO THE PEOPLE !!!! :happy:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
the only EPL club that can afford Zambrotta and Adriano is the Russian theme park, other players from the lower brackets could go though.

don't worry we all against the Russian distortion of football, EPL and Serie A unite against it, ARE YOU WITH ME BROTHERS ? POWER TO THE PEOPLE !!!! :happy:
There is no need to unite yet...... Milan may beat them in the final and then we can start talking shite about how boring milan were when they won a 7th CL title....lol.....some people are never happy.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
OMG....2 CL finals in 6 years eh?.....NO...... in a way i see what you mean....but im gonna let people know at XT that the spanish will be back with a vengence next year, barca especially, and so the people (and their are some) that assume that it is between us and the epl are totally wrong....Im from london by the way...ahahahah.
I don't really argue the past and the CL isn't really the basis of my argument. Just summer by summer more and more of the better available players choose the EPL. As such the league has slowly been getting better and better. You have to remember that as recently as a decade ago it was pretty much nowhere in world football and just getting to the stage of importing the first wave of foreigners like Cantona.

Get used to what?
The strongest flux of Italian players happened when the English clubs were indeed the richest in the world. Chelsea could buy Vialli, Di Matteo and Zola, Middlesbrough could buy Ravanelli, Tottenham could get Berti etc. etc. Right now I can only see the super Chelsea of Abramovich substantially richer than the three top Italian clubs. Now I can just notice clubs like Arsenal and Man Utd "stealing" promising youngsters thanks to poor Italian laws.
Most of those went in the days when you could sell English clubs older players based on name value at overpriced values. Clubs here are wise to that now. All the clubs you mentioned are either richer, or as rich as they were then. Not many EPL clubs are skint bar the ones at the very bottom and Man City (which could be overcome if they sold SWP). More or less all will have a transfer budget of £15 million plus before they sell this summer (Man U say they won't but bah).

Italians don't have a great record here though outside a few.

·
63,337 Posts
Perfect dark said:
There is no need to unite yet...... Milan may beat them in the final and then we can start talking shite about how boring milan were when they won a 7th CL title....lol.....some people are never happy.
that's what they said in Germany in the 1920s, "no need to unite yet, he's only getting shouty about the Jews, he hasn't actually done anything" ;)

sorry tasteless analogy, but you get the point.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
that's what they said in Germany in the 1920s, "no need to unite yet, he's only getting shouty about the Jews, he hasn't actually done anything" ;)

sorry tasteless analogy, but you get the point.
Yeah i get your point.....that was the most shitty analogy ever....some things are not funny, that is one of them.

Amyway back to football knowledge.... Serie A cant steal any Epl players... cos then we'd only end up With Andy Johnson at Inter......Hang on.....i think wev'e just got morriati's annual shitty signing.

·
63,337 Posts
Perfect dark said:
Yeah i get your point.....that was the most shitty analogy ever....some things are not funny, that is one of them.
it wasn't supposed to be funny, it was supposed to be serious :wallbang:

try this one then if your sensibilities couldn't cope, if you had a horse would you bolt the stable door after it had fuk'd off ?

1 - 20 of 117 Posts