Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it hasn't become more and more evident recently,Then I don't know what has to be put clear.But Chelsea will certainly be far to strong and dominate the EPL in the next few years,The closest 2 Man Utd and arsenal need alot of work and fast to really start making ground.
Chelsea now have a side that has played together for a season and are getting used to each other,So it's going to be tough for the others.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I disagree with you. I think Arsenal will try to make some huge signings this summer to stay competitive, and Manchester United have a shitload of youngsters who in 1-2 years will become all superstars and Galacticos. Its a win win situation for the other two big clubs. And LIverpool is finally hitting the big stride, espeically iN europe. It can only transfer to the domestic play next year.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For united the jury is still out C.Ronaldo and rooney will become world stars if everything goes right,But Chelsea has to much power unfortunately with the dollars over hte other two.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Jern would've been having hissy fits at regular intervals had Roman purchased Tottenham instead of Chelsea. :tongue:

Chelsea is the new force and it will be interesting to see how Utd. and Arsenal react. There were big rumours in the papers today that Gerrard is set for a £30 million move in the Summer and the only way he won't go is if Liverpool win the UCL. The agreement is already in place.

Gerrard-Lampard @ Chelsea will be beneficial for England a lot in the Summer of 2006.

Chelsea with their green dough are major players in England now. It remains to be seen how they deal with the continent's heavyweights on the field as well as the transfer market.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I believe Chelsea are going to win many titles as long as Mourinho is there, but it won't be easy. Man Utd will always be there to put up a fight and I believe they will take some titles away.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Chelsea will be the favorites but even this season a healthy Arsenal would have given you a real run for your money.

Not once has Arsenal been able to field their champinship side from last season, NOT A SINGLE TIME. The amount of games missed by our CM is mind boggling basicly Edu and Gilberto were never able to contribute. No Sol Campbell is another factor, Chelsea without Terry would have dropped just as many points.

Been forced to field the youngest squad in the PL.

Upside is our youth is the best in the country as we have a real core ready at a moments notice to step in, Five players 21 and under who all have shown immense potential and will only get better.

Senderos, Clichy, Flamini, Van Persie and Fabregas no team in the country can boast of a better core of future stars.

Also Wenger will finally have some cash to work with which will make a real impact on next season as over the last three season's Wenger has only had around five-seven million pounds to work with.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Arsenal was supposed to be dominant side nowadays taking down Man United from that "position" but Chelsea seems like its gonna mess their work(and Im defo enjoying that). I bet the Arsenal board didnt wish spending on stadium that early now:D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason why I'm saying what I am is simple,As long as they have Abramovich bank rolling them they will keep enticing the players they want.Arsenal and Utd have a fair bit of work to do.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
wenger had money to spend despite the stadium building but he chose to be a tightarse and look what happened.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
LIverpool is finally hitting the big stride, espeically iN europe. It can only transfer to the domestic play next year.

:thmbup: :D :thmbup:

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Kyp said:
wenger had money to spend despite the stadium building but he chose to be a tightarse and look what happened.

Unlike Chelsea Wenger does not have an unlimted budget, if he spent say 15 million this season he would not ave another 15 or 20 million to spend in the offseason.

Also he's not Alex Ferguson he will never drop 30 million on a single player.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I said it before, I wouldn't be suprise if they dominate it season after season but it really depends how they spend their money.

But with Arsenal/Man Utd you never know, I hope they challenge for competitiveness sake.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Haroon said:
Jern would've been having hissy fits at regular intervals had Roman purchased Tottenham instead of Chelsea. :tongue:.
it wouldn't have mattered, whatever is won is artificial, we are top of the non advantaged League once more. ;)

Haroon said:
Chelsea with their green dough are major players in England now. It remains to be seen how they deal with the continent's heavyweights on the field as well as the transfer market.
the whole of Europe will be swallowed up if he continues his present rate of spending, buying feeder clubs and hogging players, it won't be long before the 1st mercenary leaves from Milan to take the russian shilling.

as i said it will kill football for a while if continued, FIFA will then perhaps have to look at the rules governing wage bills/turnover ratios to bring some stability back.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Its not just a matter of money though. Look at Inter and some degree Liverpool. Both have spend quite a bit, but have not had results to show for them.

Roman saw the importance of having a stable office and coaching staff, and investing in young players. This is what will keep Chelsea competitive in the long run, not Roman's money.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's totally different,In England where the Premiership relies on having a good defence etc gets you so far.Chelsea have a good defence,far better depth etc.Inter simply have far to many problems to start off with where Liverpool aren't much different also.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
polaris said:
Its not just a matter of money though. Look at Inter and some degree Liverpool. Both have spend quite a bit, but have not had results to show for them.

Roman saw the importance of having a stable office and coaching staff, and investing in young players. This is what will keep Chelsea competitive in the long run, not Roman's money.
all true, however it's still a distortion of your club beyond any logic, tbh, even Inter never threw that much money in such a short space of time, the Abramovich club and size of the distortion is unprecedented.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
kenyon knows, to build a Brand as such, you got to Win things.

Unlike Galacticos, linking up with JM just proves that he doesnt go Buying mega-fickle-stars. Spread it across the years... ideally, with success and retention of the main core, will just be profitable business.
Wouldnt expect the same amount to be spent every year.

Perez declares CL profits are only 5%... the rest are merchandising etc. That was achievable due to the previous trophys won during Del Bosque and arrival of Becks. Now that ZZ-Figo-Fatty are all getting old, without consistency in CL... they may drop off .

Controversial Jose is also creating market awareness. In the long run, Chelsea can be profitable and self sustaining.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
guyz grow up. football is controlled by the big clubs who have money and players. thats basically it. if you jsut go out and buy players you wont win, just as it was prooved in our first season under abramovic. you have to have a good understanding and build a team with solid teamwork that will win you things, as we have proved this year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts