Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...from down here. 3 more from Rushfeldt today in an Austria Wien 5-0 away win. So we had more Rush Hour, as we call it.

After now settling fine and thus a damn sure starter after some time to adept, the man scored 11 since coming in winter and clearly leads the spring scorer list. Just to let you know......

:)

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Always good to hear about the Norwegians out there performing well. It is not of vital importance to me as a Norwegian, but as a fan of Norwegian football it really makes a difference(would feel almost the same if it was a foreigner that has played many years in Norway that scored).

Maybe you should buy Helstad now, so that you guys would really be good. ;)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Orange, we actually tried to buy Helstad, but with competition from big EPL clubs, he politely thanked for the interest.... ;)

RosenborgFan, before he started to score each game (since appr 5 weeks, also due to a form high of the whole squad, both resulting in a 5 wins streak with a scoreline of 14-1), our fan forums had mixed feelings because of the price Santander is asking (reports are talking about 3 million Euro, but some say it will be less). But now all forums are full of cheers and orders to the sponsors to shed the money. And I think they will buy him, as Rush repeatedly stated he wants to stay in Vienna.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
If Helstad signs for an Austrian, Scottish or Swiss team, I'll personally go and smack him over the head the very day :D

Great to hear about Rushfeldt, hopefully this means Rosenborg won't get to loan him again ;) Not really surprising he scores so much, he's an increadible goalgetter. I'm sure he'd proved it in Spain as well, had he gotten a fair chance to adjust.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
..yeah, Jinxter, then why not also moving to Vienna for smacking Helstad each day...... ;)

As for Rushfeldt and adjusting, it became rather obvious to me that he is a sensitive person, probably a bit oversensitive. And that is the thing which makes adjusting so hard if all elements do not fall together fine at once.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
...and that is what's appearing in our forums..... :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Helstad may well go to austrian soccer for what I care. He is really cheap now, and he should perform well. Not do I know the defenders in the austrian league, but I know that they have to be fast if they should beat Helstad when it comes to accelration. That man is incredibly fast, but he has no clue when it comes to use his head. The worst heading in the norwegian league.

Helstad top goal scorer in the austrian league 2002/03.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
I'm rather sure Helstad will join an English club, although I would like to see him banging in the goals for us. Rushfeldt-Helstad...:dazed:

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Norwegian TV2 says that Brann and Austria Wien are negotiating about a deal including both Thorstein Helstad and winger Raymond Kvisvik.

Kvisvik is set to sign for Austria tomorrow (Thursday), TV2 says!

So maybe there soon will be 3 Norwegians in Viola!

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Thanks RosenborgFan. That would be incredible!:)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Austria Wien backed down cause they couldn't afford it. We'll see what happens I guess.

What I don't get, is Helstad turning down offers from France and Netherlands, but the Austrian league is good enough for him? Weird guy :) I'm glad I didn't have to go smack him over the head today, busy day today.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The Helstad/Kvisvik idea is not about the Austrian league. Some Brann official told about Kvisvik "he will be very well good enough for the Austrian league" and our sports director answered "we want more, way more". So Helstad is not planned for the Austrian league only.Our forums are on fire currently.

All kinds of guys are searching Norwegian papers for the latest (and Viola does the translations... ;) ).

One of the Norwegians talked about Brann asking for 13 million NOK for both, currently, trying to avoid losing both on Bosman in the summer. We are offering 13 so far. But I think the real negotiations are about the wages.

Jinxter, my friend, shall I already search for an appartment for you ? You promised to smack Helstad in the face each day, if he comes to Vienna... :)

Just joking, dude, no sweat !

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I'm not sure what post you are talking about, I haven't deleted anything lately.

And I said I'd smack him the very day, not every day. We don't live too far apart currently ;) He's one of my fav players, so I might take a trip over to smack him a couple of times during the year though :D

I'll drop in on your forum when I hear anything, but keep checking back here as well.

The latest offer from Austria Wien was 16 mill nok (2 mill euro), and Brann had agreed, when the Austria officials suddenly withdrew it. Kvisvik said earlier today that it seemed like the deal had fallen through.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sorry, mate, that's why I deleted my "complaint", the Xtratime server obviously did not take the post I was talking about. So sorry again... :)

Jinxter, could you do me a HUGE favour, pls. I really appreciate you going to this Austrian board and giving information, thanks for that. However, this is a board full of kinda rough guys. It would be great if you could edit out that Xtratime information. Otherwise the Austrian forum in Xtratime could become a little, well, harder to handle........

I still hope you have to move to Vienna too... :)

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I'm with you Alexx. Would be great if you could edit the posting, Jinxter.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Sure thing, consider it done ;)

I'll go struggle through the German posts there now, wish you all posted in Norwegian :D

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great news :)

As for Norwegian, well, so I do it here.....

Enige om salgssum

Brann og Austria Wien ble i natt enige om de store rammene rundt overgangen for Thorstein Helstad og Raymond Kvisvik. Total sum: Cirka 16 millioner kroner.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
This price is incredibly low, but at least Brann get to keep the players for a few months, and that will certainly help them in the Norwegian league. Perhaps they have also gotten percentages of the price Helstad will be sold for in the future.

Congratulations to Austria Wien :)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Austria haven't signed any contracts yet, they've just agreed on a price. They're holding off the signing untill after the match against Rapid sunday according to Peter Svetitis and Kraetschmer.

In the meantime, Brann is having discussions with some other clubs about Helstad, trying to get a higher price for him.

And I agree, 16 mill are incredibly cheap for Helstad and Kvisvik, but it's better than seeing them leave on a free transfer like Tore Andre Flo did. It'll hopefully allow Brann to buy El Fakiri and a new striker.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts