Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know chelsea get alot of stick and for the true chelsea fans it must be annoying that they never get recognition for wat they have achieved ,I personally think that Chelsea are damaging football. Maybe thats a little too strong but dont u think that spending billions on new players every season and paying them vast sums of moneys is not wat footballs about, maqking fans pay outrageous prices to go see the game and tapping up other players, teenagers and generally bad behaviour from mourinho included means they are bringing this game we all love down. Now i admit this will be hard to swollow for most chelsea fans but a good friend of mine told me that he would rather watch the chelsea of kerry dixon and speedie in division two than the chelsea team now because they are not his chelsea team anymore, also i know that chelsea r not the only team doing these things most premiership clubs are too. just thought id put it out there, im not trying to bash chelsea just the people that run it

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
They're certainly not destroying football as they're pumping money into a market that had stagnated, and quite a few teams inside and outside England have profited from that.

However - one could argue that their finacial superiority is destroying the challenge for the PL. That's like saying that Bayern is destroying the Bundesliga though.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Chelsea is a weird team for me. They are certainly not a big club and won't be until they've won 6-7 more league titles. They're not very popular either and if it wasn't for money we'd be talking about them as a club in the size of Spurs or even Leeds, before Roman came in their club was in heavy debts. AFAIK it was a coincidence Abramovich chose Chelski over Spurs....so from every aspect yes they are damaging football in a way but I am not too worried, at the end of the day they're not machines and are beatable, besides I have to say I find it hard to feel threatnened by a smalltime club as rich as they may be. So they might win a few titles but who will celebrate it? 'Only the guys at Kings Road, Fulham and from the village I come from', if to quote Mourinho, IMO. ;)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
True.. and they are setting the standards...

EPL will only benefit... and Team England.

Sven would be saved then... and a revised contract awaits him... after summer :D

·
Registered
782 Posts
Its actually good for teams outside of the EPL that sell players to them. So its only really bad for the teams in their league.

·
Registered
467 Posts
BasqueWolf said:
I personally think that Chelsea are damaging football. Maybe thats a little too strong but dont u think that spending billions on new players every season and paying them vast sums of moneys is not wat footballs about, maqking fans pay outrageous prices to go see the game and tapping up other players, teenagers and generally bad behaviour from mourinho included means they are bringing this game we all love down.
It's no different to every other big club worldwide, Real Madrid, Barca, Inter, Juve, Bayern. The problem is that people just accept the traditional 'big' clubs and don't like having their nose put out of joint when someone new becomes a threat to them.

Real Madrid out spent Chelsea last summer, no one complains about that. Chelsea's ticket prices are only high due to their small stadium and massive overheads which are needed to maintain their unnatural success. Chelsea have tapped up players, signed kids and flouted the youth laws, just like Barcelona, Arsenal et al.

As for the bad behaviour of Mourinho, it is incredibly minor. There's little complaint over Marseille and Juve doping players up to their eyeballs in the nineties, and yet poeple become obsessed with Mourinho being entertaining and controversial.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Everyone hates Chelsea cause they are good i'm starting to come around on them they are just that damn good right now especially in the EPL and Abramovich has the money to spend so why hate the guy i'm sure you would do the same for your favorite team if you had that kind of money.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Don't believe Chelsea are the enemy, yes they've spend millions but atleast they are getting the results with silverware. People are rightfully expecting them to play attractive samba style football but thats not necessary.

It is also hypocritical other english teams and fans use this tappin up scandal as their excuse to make Chelsea the enemy, most of them do it so unless they stop it they shouldn't open their mouth.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Teams like Real Madrid, Milan and Inter spent a lot of money in the past decades and nobody hates them fot that. I don't understand people who think one team is the enemy. I think only about my team and the other teams are the competition. Football is a SPORT, not a war, and the teams fight for the victory with all resources they have, money, partners, youth....

Roman Abramovich has a lot of money, Jose Mourinho is a prepotent sometimes, and I think the people hate Chelsea for that.

Good luck for your teams in the Champions guys :thumbsup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
We are basically the reason for why many clubs did not go bankrupt last year. And every team are basically the same when it comes to breaking the rules and overspending money. The difference is that Chelsea has a lot more money then the rest. Just like Real did in the old days. This all jealousy coming from fans who have too see their beloved club fall on the table. And they just cant handle the unexpected rise of Chelsea. We are here to stay guys.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts