Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the age of 36, Gabriel Batistuta has finally called it quits.

Batigol singlehandedly took Fiorentina to new heights and helped Roma win the Scudetto which is something they had not done in ages.

He scored 355 career goals, with 56 of those for the national team (tops for anyone in the NT I believe.

Grande Bati!

Attachments

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
..did you have a hard time to find that pic? hurts no?..que no sea amargo y se mande un partido como se merece, y no de golf...When I remember his shots, he makes look actual players my grandma, Bati=Power, is certainly miss, how many times I wish he had Gallardo, Aimar, Roman, Saviola, backing him, that could be something, I will never forgive Passarella and Bielsa for that.

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
He is the reason many of us arrive here.

:star: GRANDE BATI :star:

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
FangioI wish he had Gallardo said:
And Tevez.......we only can blame the luck and Passa with Bielsa, a player like wasted his career without winning a major trophy which is a WC:(

There's news about him that he will join a club in my country where he will work for the Academy for the youth (he might be the chief for it or a trainer), he has many friends here which he enjoy's playing Polo with them and go sailing, I heard that he want to buy a house in Dubai in the Palm Island, plus a huge boat.

Here's the latest pic of him visiting the UAE last month, my friend took that pic in Dubai's airport, he came to play Polo.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Sometime the pic don't come, you have to right click on Show Picture!!!

·
Registered
633 Posts
What a legend he was and still is.

My fondest Batistuta memory: I was with my then girlfriend at the time. I think it was Roma vs Parma we were watching, and Roma had the free-kick. Needless to say Batigol stepped up. I said to her "He's going to score this. Mark my words, it's in already". She wasn't too interested! But sure enough, up he stepped, slammed it into the top right as only Batistuta can :) What a striker. I went wild

Good luck with whatever you do next Gabriel. The best striker of your generation.

GRANDE BATI!

·
Registered
867 Posts
A great player! Good luck in the future Batigol!!! :thmbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts