Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Charles Amoah came to Austria (Sturm Graz precisely) from St. Gallen as the leading goalscorer in Switzerland. That was back in the days when Sturm Graz had quite a nice budget from their Champions League appearances. They paid quite a big amount of money for him, although the coach, Ivica Osim, hadn't seen more than one single scene from him. The communication at Sturm Graz between Osim, president Kartning and manager Schilcher was odd, to say the least. Anywas, Amoah more or less flopped, but it even got worse. During his loan deal at SV Salzburg, the doctors found a career-ending knee injury, which put his playing career to an early end. There were disagreements on when the injury actually started (before or during the loan deal) and in the end, Sturm Graz refused to pay his contract out. Amoah took the case to court and I have no idea if the player and the club finally agreed or not.

Skelley Adu Tutu first played for GAK, but later got transferred to Kapfenberg in the second division, where he should still play.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
MxPx said:
Skelley Adu Tutu first played for GAK, but later got transferred to Kapfenberg in the second division, where he should still play.
No, he only played there until last summer when his contract with GAK ended. Seems that he hasn't found a new club since then. (At least none where they believed him to be a football player... :angel: )

·
Registered
228 Posts
Some Career info:

Charles Amoah:

03/04 Austria Salzburg 0-0
02/03 Sturm Graz 34-8
01/02 Sturm Graz 27-6
00/01 Sturm Graz 11-3
00/01 FC St. Gallen 22-12
99/00 FC St. Gallen 33-25
98/99 FC Wil 33-20
97/98 Frauenfeld
96/97 Frauenfeld
95/96 Winterthur
94 and 95 Okwawu, Gha

Skelley Adu Tutu:

03/04 Kapfenberg
03/04 Grazer AK
02/03 Grazer AK 18-2
01/02 Grazer AK 19-3
00/01 Grazer AK 13-2
99/00 Grazer AK 27-4

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
arantes said:
No, he only played there until last summer when his contract with GAK ended. Seems that he hasn't found a new club since then. (At least none where they believed him to be a football player... :angel: )
Didn't know that. But he wasn't that bad, was he? Maybe not the right material for 1st division team with championship-ambitions, but clearly for the 2nd league.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
MxPx said:
Amoah took the case to court and I have no idea if the player and the club finally agreed or not.
I think they agreed on a certain sum, but I don't know how much it was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts