Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread will be dedicated to him.

Hes just moved to Ajax in the winter transfer window,scoring 1 goal in 3 games so far.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I dont think it was a very good move, I think I wouldve prefer seeing him stay in the Bundesliga. At least he gets good money.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Strikers do better at Ajax if the can score without service. I dont think he will do well there... Another Machlas in the making anyone?

·
Banned
195 Posts
I agree with the covert on this one... Ajax know better than most teams how to develop a player and Haristeas will only improve there. How goonis can suggest he would have been better of staying in Germany where he was a regular non starter baffles me.
At Ajax he will be starting and we all know that if you play regularly you will improve you game ...you cant improve sitting on the bench. goonis once again showed us in yet another post just how limited his knowledge is for football.
Then again we shouldnt be surprised, he voted Dabizas as the most successful Greek to ever play abroad, i guess he has forgotten the "zeibekika" dances he would so at newcastle when strikers would run inside and out of him.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Covert said he wont do well... You said he would... where is the agreement??

He would start on any other German team that doesn't have 3 excellent strikers (ie the entire league except Bayern) he almost became a confirmed starter for Werder but he was too inconsistant and too injury-prone (years past)

Did you watch Dabizas play in 2001 and 2002? He was the only defensive player to be any good on Newcastle's shoddy defensive line and his scoring record was impeccable.

Well I cant expect to have watched any of these games or really know two shits about what you claim. You really only have time for so much with all your continuous site spamming and forum trolling.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Dabizas danced the best "zeibekika" dances in the English premier league with strikers turning him inside out.
Whilst he was rock solid in the air his lack of speed and slow reaction left him exposed many times in one on one duals with strikers.
But thats ok, its your opinion that Dabizas is the best Greek export.

ps The covert quote was a typo, but im sure yo uworked that one out too...youre on the ball :D

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
"Strikers do better at Ajax if the can score without service. I dont think he will do well there... Another Machlas in the making anyone?"

Wheres the typo? Charisteas needs service to be good obviously... and Machlas was shit at Ajax.

Dabizas? Sure he was taken advantage of early in his English career (ie the Bergkamp goal obviously) but like I said in 2001-2002 he was very stable and a great tackler.

·
Registered
156 Posts
charisteas failed to find the net again,in ajaxs 2-0 win,he was subbed after 70min,the guy who came on for him scored. he needs to start finding the net soon,come on pal.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
As a Werder fan, and as a Charisteas fan, i was very sad to see him leave Bremen.

Its very good to note though, that the last game he started for Werder, the speiltag 16 Match against Freiburg, he scored 3 goals :)

I hope he does well at Ajax, i honestly do. But i just dont know if their offense system there is good for Angelos.

Anyways, Werder fans wish him well, hope to see him have great seasons for Ajax :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
werder bremen yank,how would you rate charisteas compared to the other strikers at bremen,did he deserve to be on the bench?/

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
The Grappler said:
werder bremen yank,how would you rate charisteas compared to the other strikers at bremen,did he deserve to be on the bench?/
Well, lets look at this question in two parts. Did he deserve to start on the bench last year? and did he deserve to start on the bench this year?

(Keep in mind, Bremen nearly always place with 2 strikers(

Last year:
One of Werder's strikers, Ailton, was the leading scorer in the Bundesliga. Initially, it was thought that Charisteas would start upfront with him, however due to injuries, Ivan Klasnic got the starting job, and did very well. So charisteas deservedly came in as a sub. He scored some great goals for Bremen, most notedly his header against 1860 munich.

This year:
Ailton left, but Werder bought German International Miroslav Klose. Because of the amount of money they payed for him, it made sense to give Klose the start at the beginning of the season. During the opening game against Schalke, Charisteas was still not with the squad, either do to recovery from Euro 2004, or due to an injury picked up in training. Because he was not match fit, and because Klose was not doing well that first game, Valdez came into play forward, and then went on the score the winning goal, thereby establishing his primacy as werder's first striker off the bench.

Charisteas had some great games for Bremen this year, notably his match against Mainz 05 where he actually scored 3 goals, however 2 of them were disallowed (blatent error by the linesman) And His winning goal against Valencia on CL match day 2 was vital to our progression in the CL.

In his 2nd to last match for Werder, he scored a hat trick, doesnt get much better. However due to the prominence he picked up during his exceptional Euro 2004 campaign, he felt he should be getting more playing time.

Charisteas shouldve started for Werder last season, but his injury allowed Klasnic to take his spot. This season, he shouldve atleast been our #1 substitute striker, but again an injury allowed Valdez to take that role.

Charisteas was simply injured at the wrong times for Werder, which allowed other strikers to take his spot.

My personal rankings for the Strikers for Bremen the first half of this season were as follows:

1)Klose
2)Klasnic
3)Charisteas
4)Valdez

but charisteas' injuries and complaining allowed Valdez the opportunity to play, and he gave Werder great results :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
thanx for that info,because i really havent seen any full wereder games here in australia.just highlites.i have seen klose play and i havent been very impressed with what i had seen.but i dont get to watch him week in week out.i hate players that complain,but it must of been hard for charisteas coming back,from ,winning the euro ,were he scored in the final ,and against france and spain,and then be on the bench for his club side.i think otto was also putting pressure on him to go somewhere were he would be a first team starter.

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
The Grappler said:
thanx for that info,because i really havent seen any full wereder games here in australia.just highlites.i have seen klose play and i havent been very impressed with what i had seen.but i dont get to watch him week in week out.

Klose is one of the top three scorers in the Bundesliga currently, so he has been doing very well.

Charisteas was a great striker, just wasnt consistent enough for his club :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts