Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Charisteas off to Lens

It seems the game with Olympiakos was the last one Aggelos Charisteas played with the shirt of Aris, since this week he will fly to France and seal a move to Championat Leaders RC Lens. The french team's Football Director Adam Edmonde was at OAKA yesterday and met Charisteas and Aris president Takis Andrias in a hotel afterwards, an agreement was reached and as soon as few details are concluded, Charisteas will sign for Lens for about 5 million euros. Edmonde said after the game "Lens wants to sign Aggelos Charisteas because his playing style fits our team's. The player wants to join us and if we agree with Aris the transfer will be concluded".

The departure of the 22 years old striker is set to cause many reactions from the Aris fans. Aris is having major financial problems and the sale of Charisteas will solve them.

Lens swaped striker Lumina Shakho for Marseille defender Zoumana Camara last week and with the absence of Senegalese striker El-Hadji Diouf for Coppa Africa are desperate to enforce their attack line.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is a GREAT move for Charisteas. Lens is flying at the moment and he does fit their style since they play this big striker-small forward combination up front. Him and Diouf (when he returns) are going to make one hell of a duo. Finally a great transfer who will give him chance to improve.

Plus, Aris gets even weaker.. :tongue:

:)

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
now this is exciting news! :happy: This boys got game and I was desperately hoping hed move clubs this transfer window or the end of season at the latest, and the french league is a good stepping stone :) they develop players well and give them license to express themselves in football, australia has a relatively unknown striker called Mile Sterjovsky and hes certainly improved out of site since joining Lille........I think this could be gr8 for Greece too, if he improves and cememtns a spot at Lens then the greek striker position is his

·
Registered
138 Posts
.. Well he didnt go to LEns he choosed Werder Bremen:rolleyes:. I dont maybe im wrong but i think that Werder Bremen is just an average team and not good for him. I mean his chances to improve as a player were much greater in France an d with Lens but hey you never know;).
The transfer costed 3.0 million euros and he will join the german side in the summer:tongue: .
So AMO you have to see him play for Aris until the summer i feel sorry for you:D :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How dumb. What is he going to do at Germany? and at... Werder? :rolleyes:

Lens will play in Champions League next season and if he had a two great seasons he could move to a better team. Now he will sink in anonimosity for two years at Werder and at best he will move to Kaiserslautern at best next... what a mouthwatering prospect. Let alone that he should have moved to Perugia in the summer anyway.

Idiot, he probably doesnt want to leave Aris in midseason, always the same "loyalty" crap the Greek players pull out...:mad: like Nikolaidis, he has rejected like 10 european teams to stay with AEK... :rolleyes: What a wanker! And Aris will get 2 million euros less for keeping him till the summer. What astute business move. :rolleyes:

Idiots. Greek players and their managers... :rolleyes:

Aris is not a threat for anything anyway so... :dontcare: :tongue:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is hilarius!!! :D

Ok, here is the story: After the game last night Aris and Lens agreed for the transfer of Charisteas. The price was 5 million euros and Charisteas was allowed to stay in Athens when the team left for Thessaloniki so he will arrange the details of his contract, return to Thessaloniki on Monday and from there fly to France on Tuesday. HOWEVER, during the night Werder called Charisteas manager and told him they wanted to get him. The manager of Charisteas told ze Germans that there was a clause in his contract allowing him to move if Aris receives 3 million euros (sort like the Figo thing to Real). Charisteas choose Werder over Lens and in the morning, Charisteas went to the airport, and flew to Germany, signed a 4 years contract set to start from June, took #10 which was left vacant from Andreas Herzog and was officially presented by Werder as seen here:

http://sportnews.flash.gr//_img/football/image6235.jpg

Now, back in Greece, Aris owners learn that Charisteas signed for Werder using the supposed clause and realise they looose a good 2 million euros. So, first Aris general manager Giorgos Toudouris said: "He (Charisteas) obviusly used the clause which exists in his contract, but we dont believe it is valid." ( :howler: ) And added: "Aris FC doesnt not know, was not in position to know and they have not given permission to the player to fly abroad." :D Here is what Aris owner Giorgos Zahoudanis had to say: "Charisteas is not for sale (!!!). He is an Aris player and I, as president and owner of Aris REFUSE to sell him. We will talk to our lawyers and protect our property".

After that, he also said EXACTLY these words. (yes,you see well, its a mixture of Greek and English! :dielaugh:

"We want the omada to do the job in the gipedo, and we are going to do the job in diikisi"

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!! :D

Arent they for laughs? :happy:

·
Registered
143 Posts
LOL Only in Greece eh? :rolleyes: What is he thinking? I heard Rehaggel "introduced" him to Werder...What is the kid thinking, go to France vre Haristea!

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
what the fu(k is going on here

bugger it, obviously he was offered better wages at weder :rolleyes: oh well whats done is done, lets hope the german game suits him and will develop him technically, actually even though Id prefer him at lens for obvious reasons, (more open game in france and CL) but the german league is good for big strapping players so charisteas could learn good technic there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts