Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Mourinho is all but official now and he should bring him some changes, what changes do you see?

+ve's
At chelsea he stated more than once he likes a smaller squad rather than 26+ players, so Cesar,Solari,Maniche and a few other could be on their way out.

He has the aura to attract some excellent players (whether or not the club back him with the money is something else)

He does give youngsters a go, so hopefully we will see Balotelli, Pele, Jimigol maybe and a few others improving under his management. Mancini did very well in this so hopefully a few others come through.

International media attention (plenty of National already), lets be honest we lack in this dept so in the good or the bad we will be more known around the globe to impove out image.

-ve's
Ibra not fitting in his plans has been floating about, nothing from Jose yet but based on his team at Chelsea there are a few fears.

Too much attention in Italy, we get enough as it is but im sure Mourinho will have a way to 'improve' on this too.

Cant think of much more so what else do you think will change under Jose in the good or the bad?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Of course we need to look forward... but I cant stop imagine what else could Mourinho do, dealing with our Injuries thisn season. I dont think the Special One with his Small Squad can deal with it.

He likes to have 23 or 24 players. He always said that. Extremely Low in Numbers. Whenever there is an injury, someone goes in. Therefore, he would need Multi-Role Players.

Ibrahimovic, whatever the press writes.... is definitely usable. Play him Striker, Support Striker, Forward, Emergency Trequartista. Surely he fufills any attacking position. The talk about Mourinho wanting to dispose him cuz of Calciopoli-advantage over Juve sounds Ridiculous.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
That's what I always believed. Mourinho would not even dare get rid of arguably the world class player in our team

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Ignore the ibra rumour. It was from tutto sport. Jose will use Ibra, he is not stupid.

·
Registered
32,771 Posts
...but it is relevant to discuss what role he will have within the team. How he'd fit Mourinho's system.

Anyway, I think this thread will just float out into another "who should we/Mourinho get" thread.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Do you know what I honestly believe will be the biggest change? The fact that we finally have a competent, strict, disciplined, organized, authoritarian, keen, smart, talented, calm, smooth operator in our inner club workings now.

·
Registered
45,393 Posts
He has the aura to attract some excellent players (whether or not the club back him with the money is something else)
Agree with this.

As for Zlatan, there's absolutely no reason to get rid of him, let alone bench him. Ridiculous rumours.

ZLATAN! :proud::proud::proud:

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course we need to look forward... but I cant stop imagine what else could Mourinho do, dealing with our Injuries thisn season. I dont think the Special One with his Small Squad can deal with it.

He likes to have 23 or 24 players. He always said that. Extremely Low in Numbers. Whenever there is an injury, someone goes in. Therefore, he would need Multi-Role Players
Yeah this is a positive but I am worried about it. I much prefer to have 24 man squad who are likely to play more often than 27 men that may see 10/20 mins of football all year(maniche and jiminez and cesar) but we seem to have more than the usual amount of injures, hopefully this was a case of a poor fitness team and will improve under jose's team.

...but it is relevant to discuss what role he will have within the team. How he'd fit Mourinho's system.

Anyway, I think this thread will just float out into another "who should we/Mourinho get" thread.
Yeah I didnt mention any names for this very reason, I didnt mean what kind of players will be changed but what will change for Inter under Jose.

Football style? He wants a faster team going by reports so the midfield could be a major change, which is something we have wanted for a while anyway so hopefully he will act in that.

I do think our relation with Juve and Milan is about to get a whole lot worse :D....Roma too if the keep up their weekly abuse :thumbsup: but as I mentioned this wil be a problem with the media :D

·
Registered
16,280 Posts
there's big changes coming

because that team as it stands has no balance

totally right-sided

and overly-defensive in midfield

Mourino will probably bring in wingers which will TOTALLY change the tactical dynamic of the side AND the personnel

as I've said before, I think there'll be 5 new first team players

a left back , a centre back, 2 mids and a forward

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
One other change- Mourinho is great for taking up the center of attention in his teams. He constantly gets into tussles with other teams, players, and the press. This is for a reason. He knows that by taking up the spotlight, he takes it off of his players. I am predicting that the next 3 years will be the most pressure-free years of Inter players in that aspect, non-football related.

·
Registered
59,987 Posts
5? I personally think it will be a maximum of 4 and a minimum of 3. I can see Zanetti or Chivu playing left-back.

I think it will come down to Deco, Lampard and Quaresma in addition to a striker. I'd be incredibly pleased with the first 3 only, though.

I don't understand why we're pursuing a striker in the first place. Sure, Eto'o is better than anyone we got (possibly besides Zlatan) - but for 30 mill we can sign Deco and Lampard and still have some 'spare change'

Moratti will make Mancini the highest paid jobless man in the world, and he'll also make Jose the highest paid coach - yet he's willing to fork over THIRTY mill for Eto'o who is - lets face it - a bonus signing?

Moratti must have stumbled over some new-found wealth.

Surely it can't be all due to the rise in oil prices now can it? :D

·
Registered
16,280 Posts
5? I personally think it will be a maximum of 4 and a minimum of 3. I can see Zanetti or Chivu playing left-back.

I think it will come down to Deco, Lampard and Quaresma in addition to a striker. I'd be incredibly pleased with the first 3 only, though.

I don't understand why we're pursuing a striker in the first place. Sure, Eto'o is better than anyone we got (possibly besides Zlatan) - but for 30 mill we can sign Deco and Lampard and still have some 'spare change'

Moratti will make Mancini the highest paid jobless man in the world, and he'll also make Jose the highest paid coach - yet he's willing to fork over THIRTY mill for Eto'o who is - lets face it - a bonus signing?

Moratti must have stumbled over some new-found wealth.

Surely it can't be all due to the rise in oil prices now can it? :D
hmmm

Chivu at left back

he's just the sort of unadventurous full back Mourinho might use

yeah, might happen

I absolutely don't want a new centre back or LB either - I would happily have a back 4 of

Maicon Samuel Chivu Zanetti

I think that would be phenomenal - but I seriously doubt it will happen

Lamps and Deco would be disappointing signings for me

really they would -

at the tail ends of their careers - I think it's 50-50 whether they'd actually perform or not

In terms of width I think Quaresma seems the best option - and there's no doubt that Mourinho will go with wide players

at a guess at this stage :

Julio Cesar

Maicon Samuel New CB Chivu

Zanetti Lampard Cambiasso/ Deco

Quaresma New player

Eto'o / Drogba​

·
Registered
59,987 Posts
So we'll sign a new CB, Deco, Lamps, Quaresma, 'another new attacking mid' and either Drogba or Eto'o?!

too much money and personnel. That's Roman-esque.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Ins:
1 new striker (hopefully Benzema, likely Eto'o).
2 CMs (Deco, Lampard)
1 CB (??? maybe Carvalho)
1 Winger (Quaresma)

Outs:
2 out of Suazo, Crespo & Cruz (If he chooses to sell all three, he'll bring in another striker)
Maniche, Cesar, Solari in midfield. Hopefully Vieira too.
Burdisso in defence

I don't think he'll sell Ibra. Jose Mourinho isn't stupid. He'll keep Stankovic who is probably the perfect Mourinho-type player. He might switch Zanetti back to RB, benching Maicon with Maxwell on the left, or Zanetti will play RM, certainly not on the left though. He likes to play players in their real positions. Our starting CBs will be Materazzi with either Chivu or Samuel. If Chivu plays well before Samuel returns, it will be Chivu. He likes to use 2 solid CMs, maybe even 3. So Stankovic, Cambiasso and Lampard(?) will start. In a 2 striker system he'll play Eto'o off Ibra. Otherwise Ibra will be up front alone.

1st Formation

--------------J.Cesar---------------
Maicon--Materazzi--Chivu--Maxwell
-------Cambiasso/Stankovic--------
-----------Lampard/Deco-----------
Zanetti-----------------Quaresma
--------Ibra----------------------
----------------Eto'o--------------

2nd Formation:
--------------J.Cesar---------------
Maicon--Materazzi--Chivu--Maxwell
----Cambiasso------Stankovic-------
Zanetti----Lampard/Deco----Quaresma
-----------Ibra---------------------

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
This is the team we'll see next year:

---------------------------Cesar----------------------------------
Maicon---------Samuel---------------Cordoba-------------Chivu----
---------Zanetti----------Cambiasso-------Lampard-----------------
---------------------------Quaresma-------------------------------
-------------------Ibra---------------Striker------------------------

Striker, CM, AM. NO additions to defense.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Players Chelsea want to get rid of.......

Didier Drogba – Petulant, bitchy and a serial moaner, Drogba has often stated his desire to leave Chelsea and even as a neutral fan I would happily drive Didier to the nearest airport. I believe if Chelsea are to be successful they should dispose of any player who does not want to be there. Was his slap in the Champions League final his last action for the club? Many Chelsea fans wouldn’t be too disappointed if it was.

Andriy Shevchenko – The same premise applies to Drogba’s occasional strike partner Shevchenko. The pair would probably be happier lining up together for AC Milan next season than in the blue of Chelsea. A real Roman Abramovich signing, expect the new manager to remove the want-away Ukrainian.

Tal Ben-Haim
– A Mourinho buy who has also publicly criticised the club, expect Ben-Haim to either be shipped out or left to rot in the style of Winston Bogarde!

Paulo Ferreira – The arrival of Jose Bosingwa, Juliano Belletti and the fact that even Michael Essien was shoe-horned into his right-back role before him indicates the Portuguese player's days are numbered at Chelsea.

Steve Sidwell – A prime example of a decent player who should never have moved to Chelsea. Sidwell should swallow his pride and make the move away from the club. Aston Villa are said to be admirers and would be a good move for the midfielder who was so impressive for Reading before the Chelsea bench came calling.

Claudio Pizarro – Was never going to be a huge hit at Chelsea and will surely be on his way in the summer. With only two goals for the club (on the opening day and at home to QPR), Pizarro hasn’t set the world on fire and the arrival of Nicolas Anelka pushed him further down the pecking order.

Wayne Bridge – Frustrated at a lack of first-team football, it wouldn’t surprise many people if Bridge moved on from Stamford Bridge after five years at the club. Being understudy to Ashley Cole at both domestic and international level may force Bridge to look elsewhere for regular starts.

sportingo

·
Registered
16,280 Posts
This is the team we'll see next year:

---------------------------Cesar----------------------------------
Maicon---------Samuel---------------Cordoba-------------Chivu----
---------Zanetti----------Cambiasso-------Lampard-----------------
---------------------------Quaresma-------------------------------
-------------------Ibra---------------Striker------------------------

Striker, CM, AM. NO additions to defense.
Puls that's a very good side but I would bet every penny I own that that won't be the team

Mourinho will not keep that Mancini formation and I'm sure he won't keep the Cordoba - Samuel partnership even if it was immense last year

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
A10- I was very disappointed with the Pizarro signing. I was thinking- are they going to challenge with that signing??? Was that Mourinho-initiated?

·
Registered
23,900 Posts
Puls that's a very good side but I would bet every penny I own that that won't be the team

Mourinho will not keep that Mancini formation and I'm sure he won't keep the Cordoba - Samuel partnership even if it was immense last year
Isn't the 4-3-1-2 also a Mourinho tactic?

In my opinion it's perfectly plausible that Mourinho chooses to go with that since our squad is primarily suited for that formation. If he chooses to change to a 4-2-3-1 he will have to bring in a shitload of new players.

If he sticks to the current formation (but with his own tactical changes of course) we'll only need two midfielders to create a competative starting eleven. Maybe a striker too... :undecide:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Players Chelsea want to get rid of.......

Didier Drogba – Petulant, bitchy and a serial moaner, Drogba has often stated his desire to leave Chelsea and even as a neutral fan I would happily drive Didier to the nearest airport. I believe if Chelsea are to be successful they should dispose of any player who does not want to be there. Was his slap in the Champions League final his last action for the club? Many Chelsea fans wouldn’t be too disappointed if it was.

Andriy Shevchenko – The same premise applies to Drogba’s occasional strike partner Shevchenko. The pair would probably be happier lining up together for AC Milan next season than in the blue of Chelsea. A real Roman Abramovich signing, expect the new manager to remove the want-away Ukrainian.

Tal Ben-Haim
– A Mourinho buy who has also publicly criticised the club, expect Ben-Haim to either be shipped out or left to rot in the style of Winston Bogarde!

Paulo Ferreira – The arrival of Jose Bosingwa, Juliano Belletti and the fact that even Michael Essien was shoe-horned into his right-back role before him indicates the Portuguese player's days are numbered at Chelsea.

Steve Sidwell – A prime example of a decent player who should never have moved to Chelsea. Sidwell should swallow his pride and make the move away from the club. Aston Villa are said to be admirers and would be a good move for the midfielder who was so impressive for Reading before the Chelsea bench came calling.

Claudio Pizarro – Was never going to be a huge hit at Chelsea and will surely be on his way in the summer. With only two goals for the club (on the opening day and at home to QPR), Pizarro hasn’t set the world on fire and the arrival of Nicolas Anelka pushed him further down the pecking order.

Wayne Bridge – Frustrated at a lack of first-team football, it wouldn’t surprise many people if Bridge moved on from Stamford Bridge after five years at the club. Being understudy to Ashley Cole at both domestic and international level may force Bridge to look elsewhere for regular starts.

sportingo
wow...except probably drogba, we have shown no interest in those guys...and apparently, we are more interested in eto'o than drogba...so we will not get any of those...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts