Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is always speculation in the transfer market, but what can we do with the players currently at the club? I hope Zoff makes some changes in the line-up against Cagliari because our results have been pretty disappointing in our last 6-7 matches. here is my suggested lineup

lupatelli or cejas (both good options)

maggio dainelli ujfalusi viali

chielini obodo marescha jorg

miccoli _________insert new striker here (Cruz??)

fantini, nakashita, and arriatti should NEVER start. im not opposed to Rigano, but he is not a serie A starter. maybe sell him for a future investment.

what are your thoughts?

·
International
8,545 Posts
I heard that the new striker might be Bosko Balaban. AFter his horrible sting in England he's rejuvenated himself at Brugges. I don't know how he'd do for Fio but I think Serie A would suit him.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I suggest:

Lupatelli/Cejas
Maggio, Ujfalusi, Dainelli, Chiellini
Valdes, Obodo, Maresca, Jorgensen
(new striker), Miccoli

·
Registered
925 Posts
IVO said:
I heard that the new striker might be Bosko Balaban. AFter his horrible sting in England he's rejuvenated himself at Brugges. I don't know how he'd do for Fio but I think Serie A would suit him.

balaban has had an amazing start of the season with scoring in every match at least one or two ..

But he has fallen back in scoring and is very prone to injuries.
He would be a good buy if he can be consistent in his performances... very good shot from wide out and big and strong

·
6,645 Posts
Pazzini to Palermo and Fava to Fiorentina. I'm extremely dissapointed if it's true.

·
International
8,545 Posts
saviola said:
and is very prone to injuries.
Half of our players are. Maybe not prone to injuries but if they pick up a knock it doesn't take any convincing from the doctors for them to sit out;)

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
3-5-2

Cejas

Dainelli
Ujfalusi
Vialli

Chiellini
Obodo
Maresca
Jorgensen

Miccoli

?
?

Looks like we don't have that many good players after all. In my opinion, we need a right winger, a left winger and two strikers.

4-3-3

Cejas

Chiellini
Dainelli
Ujfalusi
Maggio

Obodo
Maresca
Jorgensen

?
Miccoli
?

On this formation we need a right back, a central midfielder and two strikers. I knew it, our players aren't good enough.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Chiellini will be gone in summer, we have to look for a new LB.
I'd take Kaladze, who is not needed at Milan since they signed Jankulovski and extended Serginho's contract.

We also need two CBs, a DM and a no.9

BTW- Barcelona will sell Javier Saviola and Roman Riquelme in summer because they have enough strikers (Eto'o, Maxi Lopez, Larsson) and attacking mids (Ronaldinho, Deco, Giuly). We could use them as replacements for Portillo/Fantini and Nakata.

This could be our team next season:

---------------Lupatelli--------------
Maggio---Ujfalusi---Dainelli---Kaladze
----Ambrosini--Obodo--Maresca----
-------------Riquelme--------------
--------Miccoli-----Saviola---------

·
Registered
904 Posts
Though Saviola is one of my favorite players in the world, and I'd love to see him play for us, I don't think a front pairing of Saviola and Miccoli would be too successful. They both have lots of skill and speed, but not much strength or height. If it was able to work though it would be a lot of fun to watch, however I think that that lineup would just get muscled off of the ball too much (we don't really get to any players with strength or height until we get to the back line). In another league where the marking isn't as tight it would be fantastic.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Why all these fancy formations?
If Dino Zoff has any sense (and I suspect he does) he'll play a 4-4-2. The backline is fairly solid, although we could do with Ujfalusi being fit, perhaps a new right-back. But Maggio, Dainelli, Ujfalusi and Chiellini is good enough.
Then, in midfield, Obodo and Maresca make up a good central midifeld. Jorgensen (when fit) is a quality player on either wing. Then we need another wide player. Then, put Miccoli upfront where he belongs, and field him alongside a striker. We just need a striker and a wide player this month, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
If you want a 4-4-2, take a look at my first post in this topic. Valdes has lots of potential and should play more. Another option is Di Livio, who knows Zoff from EURO 2000.
Jorgensen would start on the left.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Fiorentina have picked up Pazzini from Atalanta for 6 million euros and Giugou and also have picked up Donadel

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Pazzini's good for the future. However, at the moment, we just need someone who can get us out of the relegation scrap. I hope he can do it.
Where does Donadel play, defensive midfield?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Good signing for the future, but I wanted Baros. Viola shouldn't be ranked this low. Bringing in a defensive minded old man like Zoff certainly won't help much, Viola need to start scoring.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts

where is Martin?
that's mean you will give him to us back?:proud:
We are waiting just for that:eek:

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Mago said:
Chiellini will be gone in summer, we have to look for a new LB.
I'd take Kaladze, who is not needed at Milan since they signed Jankulovski and extended Serginho's contract.

We also need two CBs, a DM and a no.9

BTW- Barcelona will sell Javier Saviola and Roman Riquelme in summer because they have enough strikers (Eto'o, Maxi Lopez, Larsson) and attacking mids (Ronaldinho, Deco, Giuly). We could use them as replacements for Portillo/Fantini and Nakata.

I know you aren't poor and you have a history but that line up is optimistic at the most, out of them i could only see Kaladze being a reality. I thought you needed a new RB to replace Maggio?

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
17Michael said:
Why all these fancy formations?
If Dino Zoff has any sense (and I suspect he does) he'll play a 4-4-2. The backline is fairly solid, although we could do with Ujfalusi being fit, perhaps a new right-back. But Maggio, Dainelli, Ujfalusi and Chiellini is good enough.
Then, in midfield, Obodo and Maresca make up a good central midifeld. Jorgensen (when fit) is a quality player on either wing. Then we need another wide player. Then, put Miccoli upfront where he belongs, and field him alongside a striker. We just need a striker and a wide player this month, in my opinion.

Not to disagree with your formation. You may well have cracked it; the shortcut to success. But 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 are standard formations. These aren't exactly mordern age tactics, they have been around for a long time and have proved to be sucessful. I want to enjoy watching our team play rather than see the boring, predictable, flat 4-4-2.

PS Did you e-mail Eurosport praising Fiorentina for the appointment of Zoff just before the Palermo V Inter match?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
riquelme wants to return to and play for barce, and barce don't want to sell him. ambrosini wants to remain in milan, and they will not sell him, just as they refused his sale last summer.
lets be realistic here, we just got donadel or whatever the **** his name is. riquelme, an incredible midfield player who would change our attack is out of the question. thats the reality.
also DDV seems to buy only players under the age of 20. I think he is trying to form some kinf of U-21 team.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts