Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its amazing to see Totti as the Euro 2000 carries on,his character as a player seems to grow with each match,and seems to be living the greatest moment in his career as a footballer.Totti "That's my moment!"
Scorer of the opening goal in the match against Belgium, Francesco Totti, Italy forward and AS Roma captain, knows he probably will have some rest for the match against Sweden, but he hopes Zoff could try the more expected team from Italian people: Totti and Alessandro Del Piero together.

"If I was the coach I will make Totti play with Del Piero, there is not rivalries between us! But to decide the starting eleven or the team tactic isn't my work!" he said.

The AS Roma skipper is surely one of the most positive player of Italy at Euro2000 and he feels there was a deeper change in him in last season "I changed a lot in last time, now I really can play my cards in the best possible way: this is my moment, I feel it!"

"In the past, a mistake of mine was always source of dramas! And I started to be very disappointed and to not give out my best anymore. But everything changed in last five months. I have a good international experience, I know how to handle myself in the best way, I understand the other players needs and my character is strongest! And I can still improve, that's the best!"

About the walk of Italy in this tournament, Totti is careful, but he has clear in his mind the target "First, we must make a step for time. However we showed to be a competitive team and obviously we'll try to reach the final".
---------------------------------------------------------
I hope all the best for Totti.
Look for him to get a rest for Del Piero,
and Delvecchio to move in with him.I hope also to see Montella make a big surprise coming off the bench.

To Gazi,
To say that is totally unfair to both players,i have great respect for DelPiero and for him to sit on the bench is depressing.IT seems that DelPiero comes into the game when the play is more open whereas Totti is closely marked all game.
And surely we cannot have Inzaghi-Delpiero upfront.....
Possibly one of the worst goal scoring tandem in Serie A this year.We need goals to go through,i can't bear to go out in penalties for another year!! :(

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Totti diary......

Totti is writing a diary that takes him through Euro 2000 on Kataweb site,(its italian) check it out!!
Today he went around town with his good friend Gigi DiBiagio and NESTA!!Can you believe it!!This team really is tight,and i'm glad they left their club football back in Italy.
He also talks about the transfer market,where he teases Di Livio and Cannavaro to come to Roma,
To Di Livio he says that "Angelo i'll make you fly down the wings all game long!"
And to Cannavarohe says:"Fabio with you Samuel and Alda,who's going to get by?"
He says that both players express interest in Roma,Totti also realizes that their clubs won't let them go.
He'll try and convince Sensi to get at least one of them!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you guys see that penalty Totti scored??
Now that was BALLLS!!!!
I could watch that over and over!!!!haahahhaaha!!!
I LOVED IT!!!PURE CLASS!!
Hey Lazia,
you say he's arrogant,
thats what arrogant does for ya,keeps you cool underpressure.Let alone trying to think of doing that penalty in such pressure is crazy enough,but to actually do it is UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
You know Lupo, he did the same aginst Bologna in our last victory last season. We were up 1-0 (Montella), and we got our second penalty. It was a beauty, but then it was just a Seria A game but this was semi-finals. Talk about nerves under control.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Amen to all of the above...eight years of professional soccer experience by the ripe old age of 23 is astounding. It only goes to show the depth of Totti's character that he maintains his composure on and off the pitch so consistently. Someone with his looks and pure talent has every right in the world to be as arrogant as he chooses, yet Totti seems to be level-headed and self-aware. He's no coke-head argentine, i'll tell you that much!

I only hope he stays with Roma as they develop as a club. When do you think they'll lift the scudetto again? Season after next?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya olylipico i remembered that one and i thought in the back of my mind if Totti was going to do it again.....And he did!!Pure class.
As for winning the championship,i think it'll be very hard for we have no experience in such a high pressure situation.
I think if we snag a champions league spot,give our team a year to gel as a group we'll have a good shot at winning it.
But by no means am i saying we won't give it a run,but we have to find a way to finish off the second half of the season the same way as the first.

·
International
6,519 Posts
I start to love Totti, he was really good on EURO, hope he wont be that good in Serie A this year :p

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Could some one please explain how exactly he scored it i didn't see the game wa sit a chip or just a blast into the middle of the net?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
sslazio what is your realname?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts