Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chelsea vs Barca--Personally, i think all the hype about this fixture has gone down lately because of a sudden dip of form.
Bayern vs Milan--Both teams on good form for atleast the last 2/3 matches running into the fixture. A must-watch.
Real Madrid vs Arsenal-- This has to be tho one that'll keep me right on the edge of my chair. Madrid's tactics finally seem to be working with Beckham on a wider position in right midfield. And that Robinho-Zidane combination has been superb. You'd think they've been playing together for years. Guti has also been out-performing himself and Cicinho has been a revelation. But Arsenal want this so bad. For the first time i think they really believe they can win and ironically they'r in fifth position(same as liverpool last season). I understand Bergkamp is drivin n ferrying his way to Madrid, thats how bad they want the champs lge :eekani: and i dont think this match will be decided in midfield like most others, end-to-end stuff.

But what match do you think will be the one to savour most???

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Barca and Chelsea will have pretty much all their best players available, don't miss that one. The controversy and football will be spectacular (at least from the Catalan's side).

As for RM-Arsenal, that should be a cracker as well, one-way traffic. :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Edd 'LVS' Juve said:
I understand Bergkamp is drivin n ferrying his way to Madrid, thats how bad they want the champs lge :eekani: and i dont think this match will be decided in midfield like most others, end-to-end stuff.
I think that is unlikely, but we need him really, even if his legs have gone.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As for RM-Arsenal, that should be a cracker as well, one-way traffic. :D[/QUOTE]
thats what i thought as well (still think) Madrid will make them run around quite alot. In this kind of form they'r in, Half the Gunners will be spectatin if not chasin the ball.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
bayern-milan will be great but unfortunatly stupid espn are showing 2 other big games so i have to watch it on the lousy uefa.com, but ill defently tape the other 2 games and watch the when i get back.
I think our (milan's) return of form came at perfect time and now we are ready for the bavarian and feel confident that we will knock them out.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not so fond of Milan but there style of play this season and a recent return to form of their defence means they'll atleast destroy the Germans. 3-2 at Allianz Arena and 2-0 at the San Siro. Good to see Ballack vs Kaka who'll have more influence on the outcome of the match.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
benfica-liverpool :lala:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Chelsea V barca- Barca's recent form has been poor but i think they will hit back in London. After last season i think Barca will have revenge.
2-3 barca's way..yes i know, huge prediction that one.
Lampard, Terry, Eto'o, Messi and Ronaldinho (reply of last seasons goal lol)

Bayern V Milan- Milan are playing some really good football at the moment. With Gilardino, shevchenko and the return of Inzaghi (hattrick last weekend), it should be a good contest. Ballack and Pirlo will be a good duel.
1-2 Milan
Ballack, Gilardino and Inzaghi (once he starts, he wont stop)

Real V Arsenal- I think Henry will really have to turn it on and sore a couple in this game. Real are getting better and I believe Raul has returned from injury so it doesnt look good for Arsenal.
3-1 Real
ronaldo, zidane, robinho, henry

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Well... Bayern has won every homegame they've played this season I think (all competitions), and Milan haven't been very solid against strong opposition away - in fact they've lost most their away matches against strong opposition: Inter, Fiorentina, Roma, PSV come to mind, struggling alot away to Schalke and also getting beat in serieA by good hometeams such as Chievo, Sampdoria and Palermo in the cup.

Milan fans pride their teams' ability to rise to the occasion against the big teams. Save for the home match against Juve that hasn't really happened this season, and they've taken their points more against the smaller sides. Their defence and midfield will have to step up big to get a result against Bayern, and I think Bayern will win it by a goal or two. Unless Milan gets the first goal and gets to 'administer' the game I think Bayern could well put the tie beyond doubt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts