Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Championship team of the year has been announced.

GK: Kieron Westwood (Sheffield Wednesday)

RB: Simon Francis (Bournemouth)
CB: Russell Martin (Norwich)
CB: Richard "captain calamity" Keogh (Derby) :proud:
LB: George Friend (Middlesbrough)

DM: Grant Leadbitter (Middlesbrough)

RM: Matt Ritchie (Bournemouth)
AM: Bakary Sako (Wolves)
LM: Alex Pritchard (Brentford)

CF: Daryll Murphy (Ipswich)
CF: Troy Deeney (Watford)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For the second year in a row Chris Martin is over looked, I don't mind Deeney ahead of him, but Murphy :palm: Wilson from Bournemouth should be in ahead of Murphy too.

No Will Hughes this season :( Personally think he's had a better season than last year, suffered a bit by being played deep too often, so not had the effect in the final third that you'd like him too.

I've laughed about it in the derby forum and I'll laugh again, how you can have a derby defender in this team I can't comprehend.

Pretty much agree with the rest of the team though, there's a few players you could stake a claim for, but you can't really say any of those shouldn't be there.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Martin in for Murphy and Ayala in for Keogh are the 2 changes I would make. Maybe missing so many games lately has cost Martin a chance of making it inn the team.

I'm still surprised Keogh is in this team.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
lmao Keogh just seems to be one of those players that always gets respected even tho he's a massive donkey!

Berra of Ipswich should be in his place, or yeah Ayala of Middlesbrough. Lewis Dunk pretty consistent and solid for Brighton.

Other contenders would be Gestede of Blackburn (19 goals, 3 assists in 30 starts and 8 sub appearances); Afobe of Wolves (13 goals, 4 assists in 19 starts and 1 sub appearance); Antonio of Notts Forest (14 goals, 12 assists in 45 games); Bradley Johnson of Norwich (13 goals, 2 assists in 39 starts, 1 sub appearance; Alan Judge of Brentford (3 goals, 13 assists 32 starts)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot about Lewis Dunk, I'd put him in the team. Keogh has just made far to many mistakes this season.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts