Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Championship has kicked off again. I sometimes think I like it more than the premiership as it's basically like a full league of early 00's mid table premier league quality teams without the big 4 there to smash everyone. Very competitive league.

Opening game was great, a 3-3 thriller between newly promoted Luton and Middlesbrough, with two screamers, a missed penalty and plenty of attacking football. Can't wait for the next one.

·
Registered
40,765 Posts
Decent game poor quality. Will be interesting to see how Woodgate does as a manager. Could have won it all as a player if he wasn't made of glass.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,648 Posts
Good stuff.

I'll be soft-rooting for Bielsa's Leeds again. Likely a losing proposition, but always fun.

It's hard not to like the Championship. My one issue is that it feels endless. Dozens of games, playoffs, etc. But that can be part of the epic aspect I guess.

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
i would always like to watch championship, but its kick off timing mostly at the same with EPL games. i ll try to follow as possible as i can this season.

Bielsa and his team lost the chance in the playoff last season.. can he do it this season?

I also wonder what Sabri Lamouchi and his team can prove in this great challenge

·
Super Moderator
13,648 Posts
i would always like to watch championship, but its kick off timing mostly at the same with EPL games. i ll try to follow as possible as i can this season.
I work at home a lot and can record the games and then “watch” while I work during the week. Unlike with EPL, with Championship games you rarely find spoilers about the games you missed in social media or the news.

·
Registered
69,006 Posts
A bad situation going on in League One with Bury and Bolton. Bury hasn't played a game this season and their future is in doubt while Bolton are playing mostly 16-19 year olds and cancelled their game today and face more points deductions (currently at -11)

·
Super Moderator
13,648 Posts
A bad situation going on in League One with Bury and Bolton. Bury hasn't played a game this season and their future is in doubt while Bolton are playing mostly 16-19 year olds and cancelled their game today and face more points deductions (currently at -11)
What’s the story behind this?

·
Registered
69,006 Posts
Don't really know the whole story but both clubs have serious financial problems and a club like Bolton wasn't paying their players or staff for months so they boycotted the last few games of the Championship season last season. For Bolton this was coming, it seems that when they were in the EPL they were spending way beyond their means and when they got relegated they were in 9-figure debt(!) and were unable to pay their taxes

Bury will probably be extinct in the near future, but don't know much about their situation

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
I work at home a lot and can record the games and then “watch” while I work during the week. Unlike with EPL, with Championship games you rarely find spoilers about the games you missed in social media or the news.
you right, we rarely find link or full replay of championship matches.

if you have or find any available website on the internet which interests in championship, please post it here

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
Don't really know the whole story but both clubs have serious financial problems and a club like Bolton wasn't paying their players or staff for months so they boycotted the last few games of the Championship season last season. For Bolton this was coming, it seems that when they were in the EPL they were spending way beyond their means and when they got relegated they were in 9-figure debt(!) and were unable to pay their taxes

Bury will probably be extinct in the near future, but don't know much about their situation
sounds awful, how bad for Bolton which had one of interesting teams in EPL in the 2000s !!

·
Super Moderator
13,648 Posts
you right, we rarely find link or full replay of championship matches.

if you have or find any available website on the internet which interests in championship, please post it here
I watch on ESPN + in the US. It's like five buck per month and they show a couple of of Championship games every game day (plus Serie A and other stuff), and you can watch any time you like.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Sad what happened to Bury, financial mismanagement on a massive scale during past 6 or 7 years.
I remember when they were in Nationwide Division One (Championship today)
Hopefully they can start a new company debt free in the non-leagues & try to work their way back up, like Wimbledon did.
As long as they can stay at Gigg Lane stadium, Bury FC still lives...& I believe the land that stadium sits on is designated for sports purposes only.

·
Registered
69,006 Posts
Swansea with a massive win at Elland Road and they go top before the international break. Swansea, WBA and Charlton still unbeaten as Charlton are the big surprises so far. At the bottom both Stoke and Huddersfield still without a win

1 - 20 of 22 Posts