Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently i have been hearing from quite a few people that Inter is more focused on their derby match with AC Milan on the weekend and that they shouldnt waste their energy by playing Porto hard. I know that Inter is still in the Scudetto race, but they are also a lot closer to winning the CL. So i am just wondering what is more important, CL or league play? which has more incentives? how much money do teams get for wins in CL. does anyone have any breakdowns on the amount of money they get for qualifying/advancing/winning? I also notice that in european competition, teams wear jerseys with few advertisements on them but during league competitions their shirts are covered with ads. Do they get more money from the sponsors in league play because of the advertisements on their shirts?

thanks

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
if Inter wins against ACBBilan, the players gonna get a real boost :)
they werent wasting their energy (as you said) becuz it was 1st leg,
and a draw isnt that bad

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Well, both are really important. Maybe the CL a bit more, because it gives you more prestige, but for me, both are very important. I think that it depends on the year and how your team is doing. The years that Real Madrid won the CLs, they focused all their attentions in the European tournament because they were too far in La Liga to win it. When Madrid was European champion, they were not Spanish champions.

In this year, I'd say that La Liga is necessary, we can't lose it. I'm convinced that we have the best squad and we can not fail. The CL is a "lottery"... well, you have to play good football, that's for sure, but you need to be lucky. A league is not lost in one game, a CL can be lost in a bad day. Of course, if we lose it, I'll be really mad.

The league shows who's the best during 9 months. The CL shows who is the best in key moments. For me, La Liga is a priority, the CL is very important, but it depends on some external factors. So the only thing that I want is to see them giving the 100%. If we find a bad ref one day and we lose, if we score an own goal in a bad moment and we lose, bad luck... next time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts