Parma - Lecce 3-1
Verona - Roma 1-1

Standings:
Lazio 64
Parma 63
Milan 62
Inter 61
Roma 56

Juventus, Lazio, Parma and Milan to the Champion's League!!

Hmm, I've tried to be as objective as possible but it's really difficult.

------------------
Hear the triumphal march of Parma!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As nobody seems to care about my premium post I feel urged to reply to it myself. :)

Things are going better than expected. Lazio winning was good for us. That means that Juventus will fight harder to win against Inter at the San Siro. Roma-Udinese 1-1!! Didn't I say so? :) Really good result. Not only can we extend our lead on Roma it also means that we keep Udinese at a safe distance IF things would go terribly wrong. It's better to play in the UEFA cup than no european action at all. Inter did us a real favour. We could actually lose to Milan and still have a very good opportunity to overtake them. Now I'm really convinced that it will be Milan and Parma taking the two extra Champion's league places. Tonights game is hugely important to us anyway. You can't be that sure that Roma and Inter will continue to suck this badly. They both have the ability to beat every team in Serie A on their day.

About Roma. I watched parts of the Roma-Udinese game and I must say that Nakata would be perfect for us. It's really a shame that Roma can't take full advantage of the guy. Nakata will be, without doubt, a kind of super sub next season. With Totti being impossible to bench and Emerson coming to take the central midfield place now normally belonging to Nakata he will have an impossible situation. We really should prepare a major bid for him. We could offer both Dino and Stanic. Even Ortega if Roma would like to have him. Which leads to another theory of mine. If we are to keep Ortega we should give him the same role as he have in Argentina. If we can't do that we should sell him. As it is now we can't take full advantage of him and Ariel himself is miserable.

------------------

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still nobody cares if we get a Champion's League place or having a theory on how to get one?

My prediction (Actual results)
Round #28
Juventus - Lazio 1-0 (0-1)
Parma - Milan 2-1 (1-0)
Roma - Udinese 1-1 (1-1)
Inter - Reggina 3-1 (1-1)
Standings:
Lazio 56
Inter 49
Parma 49
Milan 49
Roma 46

Things went better today than I've ever thought possible. I feel GREAT!

------------------

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Verdi,no need for calculations,we just have to win every game and we'll play in CL next year (at least the qualifing round :))

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
Registered
859 Posts
well Amo,
winning very game is not that easy, for example if Juve wins all its games they are the champions and that is hard,....and i would like them to.
so i guess we will be both looking forward to th Juve-Parma game then!

P

·
0 Posts
At this stage, Parma is still very difficult to get to a higher spot in the league table despite their five consecutive victories. What I mean is that Parma's midfield is not as impressive as Roma, Lazio, Inter, and Juventus. Based on this, I don't favour that we will be able to play the CL next season.

------------------
FORZA! PARMA!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm getting REALLY tired of your attititude now Parma Mania. We have five (5!) straight wins, including a home win against Milan and away wins to difficult opponents like Bari and Calgiari who both are usually very strong in front of their home crowd. What more do you want? Boghossian and Dino are injured so we have to fight with what we got in midfield. And there's no reason to look down at Bolano who have been awesome lately.

------------------

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Predicted standings 3 weeks ago:
Parma 55
Milan 53
Inter 52
Roma 50

Real standings after rond #30.
Parma 53
Milan 51
Roma 50
Inter 49

If we can win our two remaining home games and draw away to Roma we will end up with 60 points.

Milan having an easier schedule than we have. They play at home to Udinese and away to Roma just like we do but instead of traveling to Turin they go to Reggina instead. And instead of a fighting Lecce at home they play already relegated Piacenza. However I think they will draw to Reggina so they will gather 8 points and finish at 59 points.

Roma have to play both us and Milan at home, which could prove to be their way into Champion's League. But I think they will draw both against us and against Milan. Their other two games are away to Bari and Verona. With Bari fighting to avoid relegation and Verona playing really well at the moment I doubt that they will get all six points. Let's say they get 4 and they will end up at 56 points. But if they win against us and Milan they will end up with 60 points leaving us behind them with 59 and Milan with 58.

Finally there is Inter. They basically suck but they are capable of 4 straight wins. Although they are bound to lose at least another two points against Fiorentina at home or to Perugia away. Calgiari away in the last game are by no means an easy task either since I'm sure the islanders want to finish their Serie A adventure with a major win before they prepare for Serie B. Just to be on the safe side I give Inter 10 points which should see them at 59 points.

So, then we have:

Parma 60
Milan 59
Inter 59
Roma 56

It will be a really tight one I'm afraid. I think the Inter-Juve result was very good for us. If Inter had won that game I would have favoured them to get third place.

------------------

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Current standings:
Parma 54
Milan 54
Inter 52
Roma 51

So far so good. Naturally I was hoping for Milan to screw up against Reggina but if I look back at my predictions from way back this is how the standings would be:

Parma 56
Milan 56
Inter 55
Roma 51

As you can see things are even better for us than I thought at the time. With these three rounds still to play. (With my new and improved predictions...:))

Round #32
Bari - Roma (1-1)
Parma - Udinese (2-1)
Milan - Piazenza (3-1)
Perugia - Inter (1-1)

Round #33
Juventus - Parma (2-1)
Inter - Fiorentina (3-2)
Roma - Milan (2-0)

Round #34
Calgiari - Inter (0-2)
Milan - Udinese (2-1)
Parma - Lecce (3-0)
Verona - Roma (1-1)

This will give:
Parma 54+6=60pts
Milan 54+6=60pts
Inter 52+7=59pts
Roma 51+5=56pts

Hmmm, nasty it is. :) Parma and Milan must be considered favourites to get those precious places in Champion's League since we both have two home games and this slim but very important lead going into the final three games. One important thing to remember though is that we have the edge on Milan and Roma if we would end up at the same points as them. (Milan-Parma 2-1, Parma-Milan 1-0 Parma win on that away goal. Parma-Roma 2-0, Roma-Parma 0-0 Parma win 2-0.)

------------------

·
Registered
237 Posts
But Verdi, isn't it goal differential that determines who gets what place? In that case both Roma and Milan would beat us in a tie. As a matter of fact, so would Inter. ( unless we score a truckload of goals in the next 3 games! )

I don't think Inter is going to do as well as you predict. Perugia will at least tie them, more likely they'll beat them. (I hope!!!) Roma? - Who knows? They're a team which tends to under perform under pressure. Let's hope they're true to form this year! Bari can beat them at home - especially on their current form. Milan can tie them. That's what I'm hoping for. Verona could also beat Roma if they keep up their good run. And let's hope that Udinese pulls out all the stops against Milan on the last day.

Next week vs. Udinese is going to be VERY tough. But it's a must win!!!!

Great Posts!!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know. Someone said to me that "scontri diretti" is what counts in such cases. If it was for the title it would be a decider but not for european qualification. Does that make any sence?

------------------

·
Registered
80 Posts
Milan and Parma to the CL. However, Gialloblu is right, it is a playoff between the teams leveled on points. In the Italian League the goal difference does nothing, its just a stat

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The "scontri diretti" between Milan and Parma is Milan-Parma 2-1 and Parma-Milan 1-0. This give Parma the edge because of that away goal. Also against Roma we have the advantage. But I think I now know what will happen. Let's say that if two teams end up on equal points on position 4 and 5 they will play a decider. But if three teams or more share the points they will count the "scontri diretti" between those teams and then the two best teams in that "mini series" counting results between the three teams will play for the place.

------------------

1 - 15 of 15 Posts