Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After winning one game out of the last 5 games, we really need to get back on track and where over than the CL, even though Moncaco is thought to be an easy teams by many members, they have enough quality so cause us problems or should I say increase our problems!

Injuries/Suspensions

Ronaldo: He is likley to be on the bench for this match after a 2
and a half week absent.

Robero Carlos: The legendry left-back is going to miss this game, but good to give him a rest.

Expected Line Up

-------------Raul------------------
Solari------Zidane-----------Figo
-------Guti----------Becks--------
Bravo--Mejia---Helguera--Salgado
--------------Casillas---------------

Players to watch out from

Morientes: He is going to show Perez that he deserves a place in Real Madrid and is still one of the top strikers in the world.

Guily: A player which has everything!

Expected to have a big game

After being on fire and making some amazing performances Zidane looked like a shadow of his old self, but remember he always enjoys making his tricks in the Bernabue which lefts the team morale, although he wouldn't have his assistance with him - Roberto Carlos -

Head 2-1
Heart 3-0

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

the defensive line up Real_Madrid has suggested is actually better in terms of defense (as much as the words defense and real madrid can be said tegother).

i think we should win this one, but the price will be heavy, meaning, i dont know how many goals we will concede.

monaco, having probably watched tapes of madrid playing this season, will go for air balls all the way, that is for sure.
air balls are casillas weakest point, while the ball is in the air our players never seems to know who to guard and on top of that, morientes is a pretty good header.
take all that, and we should at least concede one goal.

now, we need to see how our attack plays.
i doubt, zidan will play big this game, he looked realy dead tired against bilbao. i hope raul can keep his 2nd half performance in this game.
i can't see any line up changes.
anyone knows if ronaldo will play at all?

2:1 for madrid.
________
Zx14 vs hayabusa

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
We cannot afford to concede. I dont know how we're gonna do that, but probably attacking from the start and scaring the hell out of them with an early goal is the best way to go.

Morientes and Giuly are the worries, heard Prso is also good. They beat the hell out of Deportivo , I watched that game. It was a bit of a freak game though, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

2-0 a must, and probably will make us safe. Zizou should show his French buddies who's boss. Cannot afford to concede unless we score at-least 3.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
maybe as we start to falter in la liga, this will be the catalyst & incentive to produce in CL. The last couple of weeks and our failures on the domestic front has reminded me a lot when we won CL in Paris against Valencia. We were horrible inconsistant in la liga and went on to take home our 8th cup.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Ìïnaco struggled against Loco but they'll give everything in this tie.But RM on the late CL stages is on another class

Evra,Rothen,Giuly,Morientes,Prso they have some very classy players

Ever since i heard about the draw,i was sure Morientes will pay you back.Lets see if that happens

·
Registered
55,932 Posts
well, monaco seems to be in the same trouble than real madrid right now.
they lost the quater final of the french cup and have been catch up by lyon in the french championnat.
so, they are both in the doubt.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Che said:
maybe as we start to falter in la liga, this will be the catalyst & incentive to produce in CL. The last couple of weeks and our failures on the domestic front has reminded me a lot when we won CL in Paris against Valencia. We were horrible inconsistant in la liga and went on to take home our 8th cup.

1. Real plays better in the UCL because of the history and prestige involved in it.

2. In '00 Real was getting better and better from mediocrity. In the last three games this year it is working in the opposite direction where Real has lost one trophy and loosening its grip on another trophy. The UCL is unscathed as yet but Real has to lift themselves or else it will be a tough tie.

3. Real should win the tie and the game in Spain will be more dependent on how Monaco handles the pressure and the stage in Spain. As the competition reaches the latter stages mental strength and composure comes into it more and more instead of pure skill and talent. Real has all the traits.
Monaco has the skill and talent but what about the mental strength? Their mental fitness will decide how they perform in the tie.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I agree with sagyv, the air balls are what worries me. You guys are forgetting about Prso. I belive he has the most CL goals , if im not mistaken. And he has great heading ability.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UEFA Champions League

Quater Final Preview Real Madrid Vs Monaco FC

Wednesday 24th March 2004

Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, Madrid, Spain

Preview

The Champions League is back, with all its action and in its crucial stage we are expecting to watch an entertaining match from two sides who play attacking football and their aim is to score more goals than their opponent.

Both teams are not currently in form, although both of them sit at the top of their respective leagues, they had their big margin of points between their next rival reduced.

However this won't effect the match as both teams are expected to get their act together as the UEFA Champions League has another taste on the players.

Real Madrid

Real Madrid will have the disadvantage of playing the first leg at home soil in Spain. Real Madrid are currently in their worst form since the start of the season as they suffered their first back-to-back defeat and only won one of their last five matches.

However, Monaco have something to worry about as the Spanish club top scorer this season Luiz Ronaldo is expected to have his place back in the starting line up following more than two weeks absent because of a thigh injury.

Other than that Roberto Carlos is going to miss the game through suspension and Bravo is expected to cover for the legendry Brazilian.

Real Madrid fans arehoping to see Raul continue his fine second half against Bilbao on the weekend and cause the Monaco defence the havoc along Ronaldo.w

Zidane who has been the shadow of his old self, is expected to have another big game as Monaco isn't a team which enjoys defending and Zidane will try to show his magic and help his team to victory

Monaco

Moncaco have the advantage of playing the second leg at home. Monaco have been in an unimpressive form however their highly-rated midfield Guily is fit again after making his comeback last week.

Monaco have a strong attack made of Prso with his famous four goals against Deportivo earlier in the competition well be partnered with Real Madrid's on-loan Fernando Morientes, Fernando knows Real Madrid very well and is going to cause the defence troubles.

Probable Line Up

-----------------------------------Ronaldo--------------------------------------

--Zidane--------------------------Raul---------------------------------Figo---
-----------------Guti-----------------------------Beckham---------------------

Bravo-----------------Mejia-----------------Helguera--------------Salgado

-------------------------------Casillas---------------------------------------

Coach : Carlos Quireoz

Key Battles

Carlos Quiroz Vs Dechamps :

Dechamp part of the France World Cup winning team, is becoming one of the best coaches around, but C.Q has the experience and has the players to get the points.

Morientes Vs Helguera :

Old friends, old team-mates facing each in this Quater Final match, Morientes knows Helguera and probably knows his weak points.

Beckham Vs Guily :

The England captain will have to give Guily little space to move as he doesn't want him to the space as he have good shooting and excellent vision/

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
RONALDO WILL BE BACK FOR THE CL!!

Da-Che:D

BTW-it the game on Tues or Weds?

Will ESPN have the game??

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
..Real Madrid will have the disadvantage of playing the first leg at home soil in Spain..
Disadvantaged? Hardly.It's not as if we haven't played our fist leg at home before and not concede a goal. Back then our season was in shambles and UCL our only hope.
Plus the fact we kept a clean sheet against Bayern in the last match (somthing which previously I would not believe them to do), I have faith in a good result. ;)

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,446 Posts
Ronaldo Might Play On Wednesday...:D

It is being reported that Ronaldo may return to Real Madrid's line-up sooner than expected.

In fact, he could be in the lineup for the Champions League quarterfinal first leg match with Monaco on Wednesday.

The Brazilian star has been out of action since March 5 (My birthday... :) ) with a thigh injury was reportedly training without limitations on Monday.

The Spanish giants have had some poor results as of late and Ronaldo's return would be welcome news.

Should he return against Monaco, he is likely to start on the bench and only see action if Madrid fall behind.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

marca wrote raul is doubt for the monaco game.
can't realy understand what they wrote.
i doubt ronaldo will play.
if CQ is keeping him for "if all hell break loose" then we are fu(ked.
you can't expect an injured player to save your team.
either you play him of you give faith in your players and let him rest.
________
Lovely Wendie99

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Good to luck to Real and ALLEZ MONACO!!!!!:cool:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sagyv said:
marca wrote raul is doubt for the monaco game.
can't realy understand what they wrote.
i doubt ronaldo will play.
if CQ is keeping him for "if all hell break loose" then we are fu(ked.
you can't expect an injured player to save your team.
either you play him of you give faith in your players and let him rest.
raul got injured in the bilbao game, but I'm positive that he is going to play thats why i didnt mension it in the preview

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
colocolo said:
Ronaldo Might Play On Wednesday...:D

It is being reported that Ronaldo may return to Real Madrid's line-up sooner than expected.

In fact, he could be in the lineup for the Champions League quarterfinal first leg match with Monaco on Wednesday.

The Brazilian star has been out of action since March 5 (My birthday... :) ) with a thigh injury was reportedly training without limitations on Monday.

The Spanish giants have had some poor results as of late and Ronaldo's return would be welcome news.

Should he return against Monaco, he is likely to start on the bench and only see action if Madrid fall behind.
Great to see you back!!!!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
head 3-1
heart 3-1

just hope queiroz has guided our defenders how to deal with tall men and free kicks. "our" morientes and prso would point at our fault in the air without any hesitation. sometimes opposites are even more than our defenders in our own side. we are weak at headers, so to cope with free kicks or attacks in the air, we should at least crowd into the area as with more poeple than the opposites rather than do nothing. 4-3-2-1 formation is more suitable with injury in some of our attackers. i don't think raul and ronaldo will be available at the same time and solari is doing bad really. bench solari and then use only one forward supposed to be raul. our defence problem is more serious than attack. better focus more on defence.

the formation i wanted though not that realistic. 4-3-2-1
------------casillas
salgado-mejia-helguera-carlos
------beckham-borja-guti
--------figo-zidane
--------------raul

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ivan Helguera said:
head 3-1
heart 3-1

just hope queiroz has guided our defenders how to deal with tall men and free kicks. "our" morientes and prso would point at our fault in the air without any hesitation. sometimes opposites are even more than our defenders in our own side. we are weak at headers, so to cope with free kicks or attacks in the air, we should at least crowd into the area as with more poeple than the opposites rather than do nothing. 4-3-2-1 formation is more suitable with injury in some of our attackers. i don't think raul and ronaldo will be available at the same time and solari is doing bad really. bench solari and then use only one forward supposed to be raul. our defence problem is more serious than attack. better focus more on defence.

the formation i wanted though not that realistic. 4-3-2-1
------------casillas
salgado-mejia-helguera-carlos
------beckham-borja-guti
--------figo-zidane
--------------raul

Thats the last thing you will expect and I dont think anyone of us want that to happen for the following reasons:

1. We never played with a defensive formation before why try it out in this important game.

2. Teams never defend at home especially if its the first leg of a knock-out!!!

3. We need to score more goals, and yeah we also need to defend but attack is more important

4. Carlos isn't available!

1 - 20 of 125 Posts