Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 373 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma - Manchester United....April 1, 2008....Stadio Olimpico.

The beginning of the end....discuss here.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot that Perrotta was suspended, but I'm not stressed about that as we have Aquilani, Giuly, or Pizarro that can fill his role. Vucinic is likely not to get another yellow...as long as we have one of either Tonetto or Cassetti for the 2nd leg, we're ok.

But if De Rossi misses the 2nd leg at Old Trafford...I expect 10-0 this time.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
English guy I work with is already saying 3 english teams in semi's with Barca. Hope to see Roma & Fener win their rounds to shut those idiots up.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
English guy I work is already saying 3 english teams in semi's with Barca. Hope to see Roma & Fener win their rounds to shut those idiots up.
UEFA set it up perfecty:

Semifinal will be Barcelona vs Man Utd....and Chelsea vs Liverpool/Arsenal

Final will be Man Utd vs Liverpool/Arsenal

UEFA wants the big names and they will surely get them.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Let's hope we at least get a win here, we all know we'll lose the tie, best we can hope for is not embarassing ourselves too much.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let's hope we at least get a win here, we all know we'll lose the tie, best we can hope for is not embarassing ourselves too much.
See thats the thing...for me personally, this one will be more heartbreaking. We're not going to be embarrassed this time...we'll get a 1-1 draw at home and lose at Old Trafford like 2-0 or 2-1. We'll perform well and still come up short making it sting worse to lose to these pr*cks again.

The 7-1 thing was an embarrassment but losing 1-0 hurts more. Like in Serie A...I rather finish 2nd like we did last year and 10+ points behind Inter...than to battle our butts off to get close and have them win the title again by 3 points this time. Nothing felt worse for me than Juve winning the title in 2002 by 1 freakin point over us.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Best of luck Roma

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
The 7-1 thing was an embarrassment but losing 1-0 hurts more. Like in Serie A...I rather finish 2nd like we did last year and 10+ points behind Inter...than to battle our butts off to get close and have them win the title again by 3 points this time. Nothing felt worse for me than Juve winning the title in 2002 by 1 freakin point over us.
I totally disagree here. As long as our players give their best and keep the tie close, it will be much easier for me o accept a loss than going out with another humiliating result.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I totally disagree here. As long as our players give their best and keep the tie close, it will be much easier for me o accept a loss than going out with another humiliating result.
You misunderstand me. I don't want to be humiliated. Of course, I don't want to lose 7-1. But when we lose 1-0, 2-1, whatever....I will be more heartbroken this time around. We are a better and more mature team now. Plus, after last season, I will forever despise Man Utd...so losing to them makes me more sick.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,180 Posts
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

The questions is, can we cool it off enough for the Red Devils?:drunk:

Hate UEFA:yuck:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I think Roma will eliminate United. Roma haven't beaten United in a while and I think this is their due victory.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Good luck guys. You're the only ones flying the Serie A flag.....hope you somehow carve out a victory.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I would take losing 3-2 on agg. more thanlosing 8-3 simply because I dont expect much anyway at this moment. I hope we give 2 great games. I think this first game will actually be a draw. Maybe 1-1.

Hopefully our main players keep fit and we give a great game. Cicinho and Tonetto should be the FBs if they are still in good form while Aquilani must play in midfield, just like I usually say against the big teams. Vucinic can be our impact from the bench again.

By now Spalletti should know Man U and Ferguson should know us, so I expect it to be quite tight anyway.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I agree with my brother (Romanista10). Its the beginning of the end. I am tired of this crap. These people who run the show always want controversy. I believe Roma is the better team but we will unfortunately lose. I do not think we will be humiliated but we will lose. I find it funny the first game is at the Olimpico. Lots and lots of bulls*** here!!!! The only thing i can say is hopefully Roma kicks their a$$es and make them pay for what they did to us. The only chance we have in winning this, is if we win the 1st game and man u does not score. If they get an away gol, its all over regardless if we win 2-1 or 3-1. (IMO) Forza Roma sempre e per sempre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Keep your players quiet after the first game, no matter what the result, and you'll double your chances.
I remember last year, Mexes and co came out shouting war cries on how easy we were to beat and how you expected a better performance from us.

Total destruction followed.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
we all know man utd has the big advantage but we just have to keep faith maybe a surprise happens, no-body knows, a clean sheet at home is a must and please De Rossi avoid the 2nd yellow card and hapefully all the players fit and healthy at the time , Forza Roma whatever the result :thumbsup:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Keep your players quiet after the first game, no matter what the result, and you'll double your chances.
I remember last year, Mexes and co came out shouting war cries on how easy we were to beat and how you expected a better performance from us.

Total destruction followed.
Probably explains Cassetti's weird comments after the draw. Regardless of what's said, Roma are favourites and the tie will be dead if they get a 2 goal margin lead to take to Old Trafford or more.

And as I said in the Utd forum, if your boys can't motivate themselves for this game they might aswell retire.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Eh? How are Roma faves when we went out in QF and came 2nd in our group to you :D Your anti-jinxing comments do not make up for much at this stage :pp Man U r faves and thats how it will be from now til the games. I think even if we win the first game 2-0, Man U should still be fave to qualify :pp

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Probably explains Cassetti's weird comments after the draw. Regardless of what's said, Roma are favourites and the tie will be dead if they get a 2 goal margin lead to take to Old Trafford or more.
OK this is what I'm talking about....there is no way Roma are favorites over Manchster United. There is no way....no chance...no how...can you just stop this crap....jesus man. Just stay in the Man Utd forum til April 1st...PLEASE. All you do is pollute this forum with anti-jinxing crap and you say one thing here and another in your forum. Just stop the insanity man.

1 - 20 of 373 Posts