Participants:
Villareal
SL Benfica
O. Lyon
We.. Juventus
AC Milan
Arsenal FC
FC Barcelona
Internazionale (or Ajax... not bloody likely)

When's the time for the draw anyone know? I presume it's 12:00CET.

Roll on Friday. Here's my mock draw:

O.Lyon vs SL Benfica
Villareal vs Juventus
Barcelona vs Arsenal FC
Inter vs AC Milan (oh, not again)

Winner 1 vs Winner 4
Winner 3 vs Winner 2

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Borruma II said:
Participants:
Villareal
SL Benfica
O. Lyon
We.. Juventus
AC Milan
Arsenal FC
FC Barcelona

When's the time for the draw anyone know? I presume it's 12:00CET.

Roll on Friday. Here's my mock draw:

O.Lyon vs SL Benfica
Villareal vs Juventus
Barcelona vs Arsenal FC
Inter vs AC Milan (oh, not again)

Winner 1 vs Winner 4
Winner 3 vs Winner 2
I'd just change one thing...

Lyon vs Juve :veiled:

Then you can mix Barcelona with Arsenal, Benfica and Villarreal however you want. :D

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Borruma II said:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. A sound Ajax team will give a beating to an overrated Internazionale team with a poor coaching staff. And I'm not pulling a classic XT jinxing either.

·
Registered
505 Posts
AC Milan vs Arsenal
SL Benfica vs Juventus
Villareal vs Lyon
Barcelona vs Inter/Ajax

Winner 1 vs Winner 4
Winner 3 vs Winner 2

I know Inter are not the greatest of teams at the moment, but Barca wont stroll through them.
I've always longed for Arsenal vs AC Milan, i have no clue and cant predict that if it were to be.
Juventus vs Benfica is another interesting one...Benfica have it in them to go all the way. They are tidy at the back and they got Simao(quite underated).But Juve(my lucky bastards) also have it in them to win this year.
Villareal vs Lyon. Neat defence vs merciless attack. Cant wait (hopefully)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Until some conspiracy fascist comes around to tell me that it is all 'predestined' I will not harbour any ideas that this is something else than random lottery. But this is what I'd really.... REALLY... like to see :).

Juventus vs. Team Miccoli :tongue:
Barca vs. Milan
Lyon vs. Inter
Villareal vs. Arsenal

...btw.... If Milan draws the winner of Inter-Ajax, I really wonder if Inter will be losing on purpose next week based on sheer fear of losing a third Euro-derby in four years :howler: .

On the other hand - if that draw was to materialize I would probably go deaf due to highpitched screaming from resident Milanista scaramanzia artists talking about the law of averages being stacked against them, making it impossible to conceive that they would be advancing - proceeding to do just that with absolute predictability and totally against the run of play :D .

Either way - let Miccoli come back to Delle Alpi, at least this once, please :).

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
I'd like to play any team but the italians.

Barcelona vs Arsenal
Juve vs Lyon
Milan vs Villareal
Inter vs Benfica

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Juve - Lyon
Milan - Barca
Inter - Benifca
Arsenal - Villeral

and my predictions

Lyon - Arsenal
Milan - Inter ;)

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Glen said:
Until some conspiracy fascist comes around to tell me that it is all 'predestined' I will not harbour any ideas that this is something else than random lottery. But this is what I'd really.... REALLY... like to see :).

Juventus vs. Team Miccoli :tongue:
Barca vs. Milan
Lyon vs. Inter
Villareal vs. Arsenal

...btw.... If Milan draws the winner of Inter-Ajax, I really wonder if Inter will be losing on purpose next week based on sheer fear of losing a third Euro-derby in four years :howler: .

On the other hand - if that draw was to materialize I would probably go deaf due to highpitched screaming from resident Milanista scaramanzia artists talking about the law of averages being stacked against them, making it impossible to conceive that they would be advancing - proceeding to do just that with absolute predictability and totally against the run of play :D .

Either way - let Miccoli come back to Delle Alpi, at least this once, please :).
**** that Glen, you know how bad we've been doing against these teams we "should" beat. The last time we were good in CL was 03 when we were underdogs against Barca and Real Madrid.

Let's get it on suckers. The bigger the better. :strong: :boxing: :fero:

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
Glen said:
:howler:

Glen, what do you think of Law of Averages anyway? ;)

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Milan - Inter (if they get through) It's bound to happen, by the law of average Inter would have to go through!!
Barca - Arsenal
Juve - Lyon
Villareal - Benfica

The CL always seems to throw up a tie between 2 of the 'weaker' sides.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Hasuni said:
**** that Glen, you know how bad we've been doing against these teams we "should" beat. The last time we were good in CL was 03 when we were underdogs against Barca and Real Madrid.

Let's get it on suckers. The bigger the better. :strong: :boxing: :fero:
I don't know if you were underdogs with Madrid... but I am sure you were not with Barça. :D C'mon, we didn't even reached the CL that year, Van Gaal was going to take us to Segunda, Antic saved our ass, Gaspart resigned... we were terrible :D

ha! who was gonna tell me this back then? :proud:

1 - 20 of 101 Posts