Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who do we want?
Out of all the teams the team which I would detest facing is Liverpool.

Schalke

We allready played them; they have a good squad but are probably one of the "easiest" draws left in the CL. Still Rafinha; Ernst; Kuranyi; Rakitić; Altıntop make a good unit with enough flair to get a result when needed. Schalke are 6th in the Bundesliga with a very slim chance to gain CL standing. Right now the CL is by far their priority and the only reason why their coach still has his job.

Fenerbahce

Anyteams that beats Sevilla gains my respect. Fener still have alot to play for but their have by far outdone themselves in the CL this season. In the Super Lig the top four teams are seperated by a point-so there is still alot to play for there.
They have an influx of expiranced players like Roberto Carlos; Appiah; Kezmen; Alex as well as some of the best Turkish players. No doubt they are an extremly difficult team to face away from home the atmosphere at Şükrü Saracoğlu Stadium is electrified by very passionate fans which will fill out the 50k stadium twice over if they get a chance.
Their coach is ofcouse Zico who has little expirance in the CL but did a fine job coaching Japan.
Overall a good squad which at home is extremly difficult to beat.

Barca

It's our destiny to face them at some stage-or perhaps it was under Jose. They would be favorites against us no doubt about it. The names are quite freightening when you see them on paper. But if it's any stage it would be best to face them right now. They will 100% miss Messi for at least the first leg. The defense looks exposed; there is a lack of understanding between the forwards, while Dinho and Deco are lacking form.
TC knows Barca inside out so that's another reason why I prefer them to most other clubs out there. Barca also are keeping in touch to Real so obviously they cannot rest half of their squad unless their fixture is really easy.

Roma

This is a very impressive Roma squad. Luciano Spalletti is certanly doing a fine job with his limited resorces. The likes of Totti; Mancini and Taddei are always a thread. The central midfield pairing of DDR and Aquailani is very promising albite Aquailani has missed a large part of the season due to injuries. Giuly and Vucinic off the bench add that 5th gear late in the match when it's most needed.
The defense is somewhat unstable when Mexes or Juan have one of those nights but it's unlikely anyone can get that lucky in the QF.
The goalkeeper is no doubt the weak link in this great Roma side.
Overall a decent draw for us; Roma can take us out and vica-virsa.
Obviously Roma are hungry and their 2nd place in the Scudetto race is pretty much assured while catching up to Inter is somewhat utopical so this is a real chance for them.

Arsenal

It's not an impossible draw but its a difficult one none the less. Good side is that Arsenal cannot afford to drop points in the EPL; bad side is that their win away at Milan installed confidence in the squad.
Could go both ways in reality. Still I would rather not face them at this stage

MU

A difficult club to face. No injury worries right now; a difficult back four to break down; more then enough fire power up front; a very versitile midfield.
No comments are needed; would prefer not to get them right now but even if we do we still have a good chance.

Liverpool

Pretty much the most undesired draw for us. Liverpool have to get to the 4th spot for CL next season but can afford to place European Fixtures above EPL ones as proved earlier in the season in their lead up to the OM game.
Torres will make it difficult for a back line with his speed and Rafa has our number when it comes to Europe. Another dreadfull Liverpool-Chelsea match I hope not.

I wont mention Inter for undisclosed reasons.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I wont mention Inter for undisclosed reasons.
:finger: ;)

The draw is next friday as Liverpool-Inter isnt complete yet?

I'd prefer to play a tough/big team. We need to get the clubs excitement and intensity up, and this will help in the EPL also I feel.

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
Fenerbahce. :pp

If Chelsea advance then it is Liverpool or Arsenal in the semis.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Hello Chelsea fans! Glad to be drawn against one of the better sides in the competition, can't wait for the games :thumbsup:

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts
Jeez, we have to put up with kat's rants now, don't we? Re-draw please :sleepy:

Good luck Bosanac :thumbsup: However if you piss me off over this draw I will hunt you down :howler:

·
*the drum drum*
43,003 Posts
Get lost, and you don't have to put up with me.
If you stop acting like you do, I might consider it ;)

graves, this one is a whole different pot, do yourself and all of us a favour and don't get too drawn into it ;) She's someone who tried to get half the Turkish community on this site banned, mainly over Cengo apparently implying she was a 'servant girl' or something stupid along those lines.

·
Registered
190 Posts
semi final here we come! :) our strikers are gonna have fun with fener's gk Volkan.

yeah, he saved pks so what? the game would never have went to pks if Cech was in net for fener instead of volkan. Volkan should have saved those two goals. Also, lets not forget the howler volkan made couple of seasons back against schalke :howler:

just get a draw at istanbul and then take care of them at the bridge.

gk

chelsea > fener

defence

chelsea > fener

midfield

i'll be nice and say it's a tie

attack

anelka + drogba > kezman + devid

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Speaking of howlers, do you remember when another Turkish team came to town and the Chelsea defenders were tripping over their own feet from the ball Oscar Cordoba (Besiktas' keeper) kicked to the other end for Sergen to nicely slot away? :)

Up to that game Volkan has been 100% solid. Yeah he was bad in both goals worse than bad but the penalties :eekani: he was a different animal. Chelsea is definitely the favorite there's no denying that and your stadium is one of my favorites!, Sevilla were favorites also with top class defenders and two of the best forwards in La Liga. Let's just see what happens, can't wait.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it's a good draw for us; but if we underestimate Fener they will make us pay. No doubt we are favorites but we have to prove it on the field.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
semi final here we come! :) our strikers are gonna have fun with fener's gk Volkan.

yeah, he saved pks so what? the game would never have went to pks if Cech was in net for fener instead of volkan. Volkan should have saved those two goals. Also, lets not forget the howler volkan made couple of seasons back against schalke :howler:

just get a draw at istanbul and then take care of them at the bridge.

gk

chelsea > fener

defence

chelsea > fener

midfield

i'll be nice and say it's a tie

attack

anelka + drogba > kezman + devid
you forgot one more thing, possibly the biggest factor in this tie.
FB Crowd>Chelsea crowd

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
This forum is Turkish territory now. There's no way out.

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
I don't know that I want to associate Turkish/FB posters coming into this thread like they're 'invading' a stadium :undecide:

How about a nice respectful discussion about a historic even for Fenerbahce and a worthy opponent in Chelsea? :)

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
hey i came in here and tried that and this is where it ended up :D

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
you forgot one more thing, possibly the biggest factor in this tie.
FB Crowd>Chelsea crowd
Believe you me these players have played in front of such crowds, they are not youngsters. I think they can handle it, if not, the job could be finished at Stamford bridge. All respect to Fenerbahce, but if Chelsea do not go pass this round it wouldn’t be a case of Fenerbahce being better, but of Chelsea being bad, also with Avram Grant as head coach Fenerbahce has the biggest chance to cause and upset.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.