Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys think liverpool will do well in the up coming champions league,iwell i think they will do quite beautifully because the first time out after four to five seasons ago as helped them to regain the european form of 1980s.
the signing of new players too will help to build the team spirit and that is a determine factor when it comes to the success of a team.diouf and diao should be able to combine well in the midfield due to the rfeason that they have been playing for the same team for a period of time.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
With the experience gained from our previous two season in europe .... I am sure we will do well - hopefully all the way....

and whats more now with the addition of our new signings ...

Bruno Cheyrou - played in the Champions league last season
Diao and Diouff - played key roles in Senegal's great World Cup, particularly with Diouff skinning many World class defenders

Come on REDS!!!!

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Well personally, I usually like to wait till after the groups draw before I make an opinion as to what I expect :D

Seriously, I do believe we are going to build on what we've been able to achieve in the previous 2 years and make a serious bid for the trophy.. although I wouldn't really mind if we went out of say the 2nd stage but were able to concentrate on the league :) That's still the number one trophy I want this year :)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
i think the furthest they'll get will be the semis. they've improved massively over the last couple of years in europe, but i think a lot will depend on whether they change their tactics, to a more offensive style.:confused: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Beefy said:
i think the furthest they'll get will be the semis. they've improved massively over the last couple of years in europe, but i think a lot will depend on whether they change their tactics, to a more offensive style.:confused: :rolleyes:
that style didnt do you much good.

lol I bet you think you will win it too.

but I thing you need to plug the F * C K I N G Big holes in your defence that lustfull counter attacking teams like LFC plunder time and time again.

we actually beat Bayer did you?

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi everyone..

Well I think I can put what kyro said in a kinda better way :) I DISAGREE :D Beefy, the theory that we have to play more offensively to win the CL is not true at all.. especially the CL, with the EPL, I can agree as the style of football in England is more offensive-friendly.. while in Europe it's totally different..

Bayern and Valencia got to the final of the 2000-2001 CL while they weren't playing the best offensive football around.. Actually, Bayern were much more defense minded than Liverpool could ever be.. and they did beat offence minded Real Madrid on their way to the final.. Juventus won it a few years back and they weren't any better!! Barca came into the final against Milan boasting their multi million attack and attack minded game.. and lost 4-0!! I believe we should be more offensive minded.. but I think it's how well we'll perform defensively which will give the indication as to where we will reach.. remember last year, the only game where our defence had a howler was that 4-2 loss to Bayer Leverkusen!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
LFC still the one

liverpool can win either their lose some game and u must be more interested in helping liverpool win and it will be fine when liverpool win

liverpool still the one

·
Registered
10 Posts
I really think a lot next seson will depent on the seeding. We're seeded 9 in the CL, which means we will be i seeding group 2. Unless, one of the teams above us fail to qualify(cross your fingers for Man U ;-)

If one of the above teams fail, we will be in seeding group 1 and we will get a somewhat weaker group. That will help us to qualify as number one, and save players for the league.

In that case, I do beliv ewe should qualify for the semis. We're not ready to win it yet. It is very hard to win it, ask Valencia and Bayern. They were just to small a team

1 - 8 of 8 Posts