Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Wednesday the Champions League returns after a short break and Maccabi will travel to face Ajax. After two 'respectable' defeats against Bayern and Juventus this is Maccabi's best chance yet of finally getting a significant result out of their European Campaign. Ajax is in a deep crisis at the moment, their recent results include a 4:0 loss to Bayern in the last CL round, and a 3:1 home loss against Heerenveen (remember?) tonight. The club is certainly in a bad position at the moment. But on the other hand, Maccabi Tel Aviv haven't been impressive so far either, Klinger's team hardly score any goals and they have a major problem upfront. An average 1:1 draw with Hapoel Nazrath Illit today definitely showed it.

How do you see this game? Can Maccabi finally score? Will Ajax recover and win?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Maccabi Tel Aviv is a very depleted team.
There not European material....

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Maccabi has European material, the problem is that klinger is way too defensive, so how do you expect a team that plays with a lone striker upfront and in midfield almost everyone defensive midfielder and score goals?? The players are good and have personality ( I mean they played with a lot of discipline and gave a hard time for Juventus and Bayern). Klinger needs to review this fast before its too late, how does he expect to win if we have players like Dago, Oved, Biton Mbamba sitting on the bench?? If at least 2 of them were in the line up, things would look better.

·
Registered
405 Posts
....I agree. Maccabi has shown that they can play with the best (unlike PSG). But their next step is to beat the best.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Klinger was being sarcastic today when asked on Maccabi's tactics. 'Since Ajax is known as a very weak team, without a great history, nor a great home stadium, we'll be playing with 5 strikers and 4 offensive defenders'. :jester: Nobody asked him to field a very attacking lineup but surely even Klinger understands 4-5-1 just won't cut it?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
NOT A GREAT STADIUM :wth:

THIS STADIUM IS WORLD CLASS!!!!

THERES EUROPE! AND THERES KLINGER AND HIS MACCABI TEL AVIVIS!!
I TOLD YOu....Maccabi Tel Aviv, for this year...is not european material!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Kappa21 said:
NOT A GREAT STADIUM :wth:

THIS STADIUM IS WORLD CLASS!!!!

THERES EUROPE! AND THERES KLINGER AND HIS MACCABI TEL AVIVIS!!
I TOLD YOu....Maccabi Tel Aviv, for this year...is not european material!
Thats not Europe. How many European clubs have a stadium like that. Besides, Its always half empty.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
amfan said:
Thats not Europe. How many European clubs have a stadium like that. Besides, Its always half empty.
Half Empty? Or Half full? :confused:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Maccabi will be going with 2 strikers (Addo & Mbamba), finally? Bu they will also play a defensive lineup which i guess means a 5-3-2.

Possibly (if i am wrong, please correct)

---------------------------------Strauber---------------------------------

----Pantsil--------Strull------Mishaelov/Zetouni-----Giovanini-----Nagar----

----T. Cohen----------------------Reis-------------------------Mesika---

------------------Addo------------------------Mbamba-------------------

Ajax came off a 3-1 home loss to Herenveen (I guess I can't blame Macc PT for getting hammered by them). Klinger & company are very confidant saying that they can at least tie and Tamir Cohen saying that he "...has a gut feeling they will win."

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I think Giovannini is out for 6 weeks because of a broken nose

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
nice picture Kappa.Good luck Maccabi who Klinger has us believe
(I think it's a trick and he's lying) he will field 2 forwards, wooooha :lala: anyway, I hope maccabi wins this one and restores some pride to the country. Too bad Beitar isn't playing in the Arena tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
gba said:
Too bad Beitar isn't playing in the Arena tomorrow.

Beitar would have done good :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Contrary to what amfan said, It's being reported Maccabi will be using their usual CL lineup, 4-5-1. Zeituni and Mishaelof are fighting for the same spot as one of the 3 defensive midfielders. And yes, Giovannini is injured.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Man, this deeply irritates me. Maccabi has a great chance to come with at least a point and still Klinger insists in only one striker. he needs to understand that Maccabi Tel aviv hasn't scored a goal yet and there is a reason for that: his tactics. Ajax is in pressure and they will surely attack since the beggining, if we use two strikers upfront in a fast counter attack with Mbamba and addo we could take three points back to Tel aviv.

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Probable lineup:
Strauber, Paintsil, Giovannini, Strull, Nagar, Mishaelov, T. Cohen, Reis, Mesika, L. Cohen, Addo

Liran Cohen returns from his injury, Giovannini isn't injured anymore it seems either.

I actually think Maccabi will lose something like 3:0, the press and the players are way over confident saying 'we're going to win, 'we have to win' etc. Talking about Ajax's crisis, would make you believe it's Hapoel Tveria they're talking about. It's still Ajax and they are still much better. And you don't score with one striker. But maybe I'm wrong who knows. It will be to watch De Ridder play after all the interviews he gives the Israeli media all the time (in hebrew of course :D)

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Full Amsterdam Arena, great atmosphere...I expect a good game by both teams

Live updates will follow

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Eduardo Gonzalez is the referee of this game...

Strauber, Strul, Mishaelof, Pantsil, Nagar, Reis, Addo, both Cohens and Mbamba

thats the starting lineup of Maccabi

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
and Gionvanini plays too as far as I can see it

Kickoff

1 - 20 of 58 Posts