Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is it. A win on Tuesday makes us Group A winners...a draw qualifies us (most likely at 2nd place)...a loss and we're eliminated.

It appears Vucinic will indeed miss this match due to a knee problem. Hope Menez is up to the task again.

I'd expect the same line-up used against Chievo except Cassetti to start over Cicinho.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Let's hope Vucinic can make it, the guy is our best big game CL scorer by some margin. We'd definitely need need him.

And I also hope Cicinho plays instead of Cassetti, Cassetti has been quite poor in his last few games.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Our grour for the match: Artur, Baptista, Brighi, Brosco, Cassetti, Cicinho, De Rossi, Juan, Loria, Doni, Menez, Mexes, Montella, Panucci, Perrotta, Riise, Totti, Vucinic.

Good news is Mirko is included.
But Taddei is out, which is no big loss given his current form, but it makes us very shorthanded in midfield. Still just having Mirko even on the bench (if he's not 100 % yet) for a decisive CL match makes me much more confident of our chances.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Doni; Panucci, Mexes, Juan, Riise; Perrotta, De Rossi, Brighi; Baptista; Totti, Vucinic

I predict that to be the team.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I still have HORRIFIC memories from 2002, where we sat on top of Group B entering into the last matchday of the Champions League group stage.

Its been 6 years, you would think enough time to calm my nerves. I was so young! I think i may have been scarred.

Forza Roma, for the win tommorow.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Back then it was a much different proposition. We had Liverpool at Anfield... today is Bordeaux in the Olimpico.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Indeed, but the differences are much more. Then we only won one game in the entire group, whereas now we have beaten all the other teams and have played the best football in the group as well as outscoring them all.

We deserve to qualify, especially when you look at what some of the others teams who have qualified have done in other groups.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
We deserve to qualify, but unless we get the result tonight, we will not. That stupid first matchday v Cluj could f*ck us... Even a point in that game means we would be through now already. However, if we lose at home to Bordeaux aswell, we deserve to go out.

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
Biggest match of the season thus far, just hope the boys aren't too confident following their set of shut out wins. We need to keep our heads down, feet planted firmly on the ground and go to work. Confidence is good, but no over confidence. Forza ragazzi. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Offside blog :D

Roma win/draw: though automatically.
Roma lose and Chelsea lose/draw*: through.
Roma lose and Chelsea win: UEFA Cup.
Odds of Chelsea losing to Cluj at Stamford Bridge: right up there with Spal ever growing hair again.

* - Roma have the tiebreaker with a Chelsea draw due to the goal difference advantage in games they went head-to-head (+1).#

Of course the great hope is winning the group and thus getting that invaluable one seed in the round of 16 knockouts. And really, a first seed is desperately need this year to avoid the Barca lottery. I’d rather they play two at Old Trafford than face Barca home and away. So let’s just win, shall we?
Sum it up really, Let's just win.

·
Professional Pirate
7,103 Posts
Finally the Romanian link works! Nearly said any good links out there :doh:

Lets get it done fellas!!!!:happy:

·
Professional Pirate
7,103 Posts
omg this link is disgustingly unreliable! it goes from 100% connection to 2%....Hopefully it'll act properly during the crucial moments >.<!

·
Professional Pirate
7,103 Posts
Nope stuck in school on a flippin snow day with an imending public transit strike.Gotta love the odds:doh: I hate exams....

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Well you are not missing much anyways. Only positive is Menez dribbles everytime and then. We are defending very deep and tight, which is working so far but affecting our offense game. Losing possession too often. The attack can't make three pass together since they have to come deep to collect the ball.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts