Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on boys, get a win and that should be enough to put us through.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Aquilani
Artur
Baptista
Bertagnoli
Brighi
Cassetti
De Rossi
Juan
Loria
Marangon
Menez
Mexes
Montella
Okaka
Perrotta
Pizarro
Riise
Taddei
Tonetto
Totti
Vucinic

My team:

Doni; Cassetti, Mexes, Juan, Tonetto; Pizarro, De Rossi, Brighi; Baptista; Totti, Vucinic.

Bench: Artur, Loria, Riise, Aquilani, Perrotta, Menez, Taddei

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I think he is. He wasnt training yesterday.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Vucinic (flu) and Pizarro (injury) won't play, so Perrotta will be trequartista behind Totti and Baptista, which is a slow attack.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I predict that the team Spalletti will choose is most probably

Doni; Cassetti, Mexes, Juan, Tonetto; Perrotta, De Rossi, Brighi; Taddei, Baptista; Totti

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is possible Menez will play for Taddei I suppose, I think that would be the best option as he gives us a different option to the res of the team I posted above. However, Spalletti might go for safe, play Taddei for 60 or so and if we need Menez he will bring him on.

A draw is not a terrible result here, as it would most likely mean being in the driving seat going to our last game v Bordeaux (unless Chelsea lose tomorrow)

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I never understand this attitude about it being "safe" to play the likes of Taddei over Menez. The point of football is to win by scoring goals and I think we have more chance to do that with Menez than with Taddei.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By that I would mean that Spalletti knows what he gets out of Taddei, where as with Menez its up in the air... I would prefer Menez, but Taddei in form is a good player... unfortunately he isnt.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Ah, OK, I understand. an attack of Taddei or Perrotta, Baptista and Totti looks slow to me. I do not believe we can score a goal like Mirko scored on Sunday with that combination.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wouldnt mind a 1-0 in the manner of the derby to be honest. A scrappy win would do, we can not take this for granted.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,200 Posts
I agree. But alot will depend how we start this match, I just hope we don't give them too much freedom and time.

A performance like last year against Shator Donetsk would be great...

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dinamo Kiev you mean ;)

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Vucinics fever has gone down, it at this very moment possible he could play tonight. Remains to see if Spalletti will utilize him, and if his fever stays down so he can be utilized.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,200 Posts
Hope Spall' won't rush him... I say bench him and maybe sub him in the 2nd half if needed. We need Vucko fit for Viola.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
I will play Vuci from the start , he is vital these days and today's game is more important than Viola's game .

1 - 20 of 52 Posts