Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ****!

I'm still going to go though, just need to get a Leverkusen top first!

I read today that Madrid have booked an after game reception at the Kelvingrove art gallery / museum (i think thats in the west end someplace). How arrogant! They think they have won it already!

However it might be a good place to get autographs / pictures though if you are interested in that sort of stuff...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
what do you think they should do? Dont arrange anything formal for after the game and just head down Sauchiehall St for a kebab afterwards? Every team arranges a post match banquet after the euro final year in year out. Its called an end of season knees up.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was booked before they even had got to the semi-finals!

they think their name is on the cup because of their centinary season and how it is just their right to turn up and dont need to do anymore....but hopefully as Depor showed, their arrogance can be their downfall!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
it was booked before they even had got to the semi-finals!
Well, gee whiz, Einstein, of course it was booked before. Every team does that. You think it's easy to book a hotel for the CL final a week in advance? Teams were booking hotels in Japan and Korea well before the qualifications ended. You can't leave this stuff up to chance.

Not to mention that Real are the best team in the world at the moment and CL final berth was more or less a given, so why not save yourself some headache and book well in advance, since you know you'll be there in May?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this isn't a hotel thats been booked but the victory celebrations and of course RM were likely to get to the final but thats largely because UEFA is so corrupt and have rigged the system to give the big teams and big countries so many chances to do so. (Barca are in the same boat, i know!) But that doesn't stop my hatred of RM arrogance and especially their fans arrogance....

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Valdano is a [email protected] IMO.

He said recently, Sir AF would never win EC @ Hampden because it is RM destiny.

Arrogant [email protected]

My hatred isn't for Real Madrid, but scum like Figo.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
you've obviously never seen Figo play! Was at Lansdowne in June when we played Portugal and the guy is a giant of a player. Has backbone as well as all the fancy stuff and got his country out of a hole. Also very sporting afterwards unlike his coach.

btw Alex Ferguson is THE most arrogant, childish, petulent twat in football.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
I'm no fan of SAF myself.

Figo can be as sporting as he likes but in my opinion leaving Barca for Real is disgracefuly(JUST MY OPINION)

I felt for Barca as he let them down as did the powers who brokered the deal.

Anyone else who goes directly from one bitter rival to the other is also SCUM in my opinion.

he turned his back on the fans who payed his wages.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
felt for Barca as he let them down as did the powers who brokered the deal.
As I said...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
one of the brokers being Barca!!

Is Xavier scum for going to Liverpool?Or does it depend on the bitterness between the teams in which case there's a whole lot of scumminess going on anyway and nobody is right.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
by brokers I meant Barca!

Xavier is not the same as Liverpool/Everton transfer players all the time which in my opinion shows it is not a BIG rivalry like River/Boca(Caniggia played for both), Rangers/Celtic(Has there ever been a transfer?) and Barca/Real.

Sol Campbell is another scumbag IMO.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Mo Johnston anyone?

Paulinho, I'm inclined to go with you, players can play for who they want.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Football is entertainment, like movies or music. As a supporter, the only right you have is to choose between supporting a team and not supporting a team. Buying a top or a season ticket does not give you the right to dictate transfer market policy, tactics or make demands concerning the team, much like buying a couple of Cream albums does not entitle you to have creative control over Eric Clapton's new albums.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Mo Johnston?

Oh so he moved from Rangers to Celtic?

'Rangers/Celtic(Has there ever been a transfer?) '

Nantes -> Rangers - Was it not?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
OK so he didn't move directly, but he still played for both Rangers & Celtic:eek: How shocking, what a traitor etc

And the number of players who move between Ross County & Caley Thistle is large, but that's because it's so hard to get people up from the central belt. I don't know why, there's nothing wrong with the north of Scotland what-so-ever:)

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
It's just all the other clubs were getting fed up with your attempted swap deals.

I heard you demanded 3 truckloads of females in exchange for your star striker a few years back ;)

Or does that only go on in Aberdeen?

And the answer to yout question....Mo is a hero to me(And I hold nothing against Real or Gunners fans wanting to worship Campbell or Figo)

But speaking in the terms of this thread. M.Johnston = SCUM......but he was already going to be tagged with that after being at the piggery:)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
a pigery? thats a bit unfair on the french, and you know my views on the french ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts