Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got Juventus, guys. The return of Claudio Ranieri to Stamford Bridge! And an interesting duel between the two best goalkeepers in the world (with Casillas too). IMO it isn't a bad draw at all. :smileani:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Juventus coach Claudio Ranieri fears former club Chelsea as he waits to see who his team will meet in the knockout stages of the Champions League in February --- Soccernet

LOL... Kill 'em

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
No Barca :( Well we will end up meeting Barca latter in the campaign I guess.

Should be good games, as long as we don't hand Del Piero free kicks around the box we will probably keep Juve quite considering their midfield. Can't really comment on their squad since they like us have a fare few players injured-and I'm not sure when the likes of Trez/Camo will be back. Buffon definetly will be thought.

This is a game of the old dogs, they have a fare few exprianced players and so do we.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
For your information, Trez is already training, so is Gigi. Trez should be playing in January already. Camo is a big questionmark. But Trez hasnt been missed much, as Amauri has really hit form.

Its gona be like a small mini battle, 2 strong lads upfront in Drogba and Amauri.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Nah I reckon the full backs will be key along with J.Cole. Juve shut down central midfield with their gazzilion central midfielders and we need to make the most out of the flanks. If Camo misses out it will be easier for our full backs to get forward. I don't mind Amauri or Trez for that matter. Just hope to see Essien and Carvalho back by the time this fixture comes-Carvalho is key thought.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
Nah I reckon the full backs will be key along with J.Cole. Juve shut down central midfield with their gazzilion central midfielders and we need to make the most out of the flanks. If Camo misses out it will be easier for our full backs to get forward. I don't mind Amauri or Trez for that matter. Just hope to see Essien and Carvalho back by the time this fixture comes-Carvalho is key thought.
In previous years we have struggled again english clubs because of being onesided and lacking physical strenght. Now we have gained some physical strength in Amauri and Sissoko.

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
Haha, yeah came here just to see what polaris will say :D

And yeah, besides your incredible midfield, whats challenging the most is your wingbacks, they are top quality, so we really need Camo to be back so he can keep them busy. In general happy about this tough draw, Ranieri's team excell under tough odds.

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Give me a fit Carvalho, Essien and Drogba and we have no reason to worry, so our main opponent is injury, juve strong team yes but how many world-beaters are in their team? not many u have to say...

Mark my words :pp the 3 english teams will qualify and the 3 italians will go out....

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Bahahaha I will mark your words just so I can laugh at you latter

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
Marking his word indeed, because I doubt VERY MUCH that Man U will kicked out by Inter with that midfield. The other two can do either way.

And no, not saying it because I dislike Inter, but you need a MIDFIELD to go anywhere in CL.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Mark my words :pp the 3 english teams will qualify and the 3 italians will go out....
I'll mark your words allright, but mark my words when i say.
All the 3 Italian teams will qualify!

I think Roma, Inter and Juve will qualify with Juve's game being the most difficult.

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Bahahaha I will mark your words just so I can laugh at you latter

hahaha come on stop living on the fence, you have to dare in life and sometimes u laugh the last laugh or come out as a fool :howler:

but on a more serious note ofcourse its down to injuries....if man utd lose ronaldo or rooney or berbatov or tevez then thats different.....but have these four fully fit, plus the combination of Vidic-Rio-Carrick and I can see a scenario where Inter fails to score away from home....put it this way: i have more confidence in man utd attack scoring against inter than the opposite!

chelsea vs Juve: as i said IF chelsea are fully fit with Drogba, Essien, Joe Cole, Carvalho, Terry, Lampard, Ballack, deco and Cech, that team you could argue is SUPERIOR in EVERY DEPARTMENT to a fully fit Juve....

finally Arsenal with Adebayor-Fabregas-Van Persie-Rosciky flying high can easily outclass Roma, EASILY :pp

and to finish it off Real Madrid v Liverpool, if its the Real i saw last week it could be humilation if Torres-Gerrard are fit....althou i hope not coz am sick of liverpool in CL semi finals!

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Roma will definetly beat Arsenal over two legs.

Inter and MU will be quite a match; personally I've never been impressed by MU in the CL when they play away from home.

Juve should be a good match, but if we fail to win that would be a major dissapointed considering the two squads differ so much in quality.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts