Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is still a week away but might as well start the drums for this one...Anything other than Milan or Inter will be just nice for us :)

Pleaaaaaase give us PSV
pleaseee PSV
please PSV
plz PSV
PSV

my gut feeling says we will get juventus though :howler: can clubs from the same country play against each other ?...

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I know what Mourinho would want this time....

He'd say 'Ac Milan'.

·
Registered
658 Posts
KHALID said:
my gut feeling says we will get juventus though :howler: can clubs from the same country play against each other ?...
Yes.

After watching cheatsea in both games against barca,if you don't get either liverpool or psv you will struggle against the other sides,even if you have robben back in the lineup.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
gazzamcg said:
Yes.

After watching cheatsea in both games against barca,if you don't get either liverpool or psv you will struggle against the other sides,even if you have robben back in the lineup.
Two words for you. Dont worry.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Mourinho said he doesn't like facing Italian sides although his Porto team did destroy lazio 4-0 in the UEFA Cup a few seasons back.
Milan and Juve though wouldn't be so gung ho like Barca, they know how to hold a lead and I don't think Chelsea would be able to break them down, maybe hit them on the counter, but I think Capello is a far more experienced campaigner and would pretty much sit back against Chelsea, so you'd end up with 2 sides playing cautiously unless Mourinho goes with a winning mind set, but then with the attack that Juve posess they would be punished on the counter. It would be very interesting to see what would happen if they draw each other.

I however do not want PSV or Liverpool to draw each other, simply because they are the 2 weakest sides left and if they weren't drawn against Monaco and Bayer they would not be in the 1/4 finals.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
gazzamcg said:
Yes.

so by logic u couldnt have beaten any of those teams either, since we beat you ths meaning we are better than u and so on and so on.
its logical according to ur comments right... so the only teams that barca stood a chance that made it through to the last 8 are liverpool and pvs... thats terrible... :yawn:

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gazzamcg said:
Yes.

ya am sure chelsea with drogba and robben will be trashed by Lyon.. :finger:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Dusan_UK said:
Capello is a far more experienced campaigner and would pretty much sit back against Chelsea, so you'd end up with 2 sides playing cautiously unless Mourinho goes with a winning mind set, but then with the attack that Juve posess they would be punished on the counter. It would be very interesting to see what would happen if they draw each other..
Interesting is the last thing i'd call it. ;)

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dusan_UK said:
Mourinho said he doesn't like facing Italian sides although his Porto team did destroy lazio 4-0 in the UEFA Cup a few seasons back.
Milan and Juve though wouldn't be so gung ho like Barca, they know how to hold a lead and I don't think Chelsea would be able to break them down, maybe hit them on the counter, but I think Capello is a far more experienced campaigner and would pretty much sit back against Chelsea, so you'd end up with 2 sides playing cautiously unless Mourinho goes with a winning mind set, but then with the attack that Juve posess they would be punished on the counter. It would be very interesting to see what would happen if they draw each other.

I however do not want PSV or Liverpool to draw each other, simply because they are the 2 weakest sides left and if they weren't drawn against Monaco and Bayer they would not be in the 1/4 finals.

all our matches with liverpool were tough, 1-0 , 1-0 and 3-2... i would not really like to see us playing them again...but ya psv or lyon will be fine with me, inter/milan/porto would be the worst, juventus no biggy really..

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Nah you'd probably be fine vs Inter, slow defence especially if Cordoba was to be out at any time. I love Mihajlovic (I'm sure you Chelsea fans don't but he pretty much got us to the final in 91) but he is slow, though he is very good at reading the game. You would of course have to be wary of his free kicks, he has a record against Chelsea. ;)

Well I'm actually a fan of Italian football and their sides really aren't that boring, the majority of their sides do actually attack, and there have been a lot of goals this season, more than the Premiership i believe. Juve arequite boring but they did play some great footy vs Real last night.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Kyp said:
so by logic u couldnt have beaten any of those teams either, since we beat you ths meaning we are better than u and so on and so on.
its logical according to ur comments right... so the only teams that barca stood a chance that made it through to the last 8 are liverpool and pvs... thats terrible... :yawn:
hhhmmmmmm,logic, a fact, barca is far superior technically to chelsea, since psv and liverpool are probably the worst for technical ability left in the champions league, it has been shown that you will struggle against better technical teams, you are you going to struggle against the top sides,as the barca games showed.
barca have proved they can play their own style against any team in europe, which is much more effective than cheatsea's defensive style, you see, you are not going to come up against a mediocre english team in the quarter final's of the champions league (unless you get liverpool of course ....), you are coming up against the cream of europe,you cannot keep possesion of the ball against better quality, as you do against the poor english teams. sure, you could say you had robben missing for the two games and drogba out for the second game, but if barca had motta and edmilson available for the two games and marquez available for the second game, the barca defense would probably have not been as week as it was over the two games, if there was no barca defensive errors i could not see how you were going to score.

barca was the first serious test for you this season in europe and if barca defended half decently over the two ties there would only have been one winner. milan,juve,inter,bayern and lyon are better technically than cheatsea, you will not get the same luck as you did against barca, so i just cannot see you going through against any of these teams.

and for how poorly barca defended, let's face it, you had to cheat to get through, and for me that indicates you are not a very good side.

oh my god, i have just noticed in your team's avatar you are a barca fan, and you come out with a statement like this !

shame on you.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
why is there all this slagging off against liverpool ? in the two games we played against chelsea in the league we lost them only narrowly and we were far the better side when we lost one nil at anfield and had a certain penalty claim turned down and then had our game plan screwed up when alonso got injured and then the game turned for chelsea. The carling cup we suffered as gerrard didn't have a good game and we scored too early and had pressure for the rest of the game.The level of ignornace displayed on here by european fans is amazing. Chelsea won't relish facing liverpool and they certainly won't think it will be easy ,we play in the same league at them so theres no fear factor for us ,we are great at home and would be formidable for any side especially if the second leg was at anfield.

·
Registered
658 Posts
liver bird said:
why is there all this slagging off against liverpool ? the level of ignorance displayed on here by european fans is amazing.
a question for you liver bird.

if liverpool was drawn against milan,juve,real madrid,inter,barca,man u,arsenal,chelsea,lyon, or bayern instead of leverkusen, do you honestly think you would get through against any of these teams over two legs. :confused:

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I would fancy my chances against all english sides of course I would ,we beat arsenal in the league and we outplayed them ,chelsea beat us at home we outplayed them .Arsenal are nowhere near the side they were last year I would have fancied them the most cos they bottle it in europe.Arsenal ,Man United are good sides ,but they aren't the great sides they have been in the past and liverpool have a new manager and have been inconsistent ,doesn't mean we are crap.
If liverpool had got bayern munich instead of arsenal we might have been beaten but you would havse seen the team and the fans fight with passion at the very least.
the fact is your argument is irrelevant cos man U and arsenal aren't even in it .Liverpool's style and players are suited better to the slower european game ,luis garcia struggles with the psychical side of the premiership but in europe he looks a class act.

ashley cole himself said that liverpool seem to have a knack of playing in europe.

we haven't done bad considering we have morientes ,alonso and cisse and kewell amongst others out .

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
a question to you did you see the liverpool's gams against chelsea in the league ,did you see us outplay them ,a match over two legs is anybody's the league is another matter cos you have to be consistent to win that.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
....yet the league is also a clear indication as to the capabilities of a team, and you're 30 points off the pace or something....

Not to mention that apart from beating a Leverkusen side with loads of injuries, you suffered immensely to get through the weakest group in the CL.

It's obvious why noone rates Liverpool's chances. That doesn't mean you can't or won't be a dangerous opponent for anyone on your day.

But respect is won, and Liverpool hasn't done anything to merit it for years.

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
Ha....A Juventino saying that the league is a clear indication of a team's capability....I don't think so, not after almost all your games are veiled in controversy. Nice try.

Hope we get drawn against each other tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Glen said:
....yet the league is also a clear indication as to the capabilities of a team, and you're 30 points off the pace or something....

Not to mention that apart from beating a Leverkusen side with loads of injuries, you suffered immensely to get through the weakest group in the CL.

It's obvious why noone rates Liverpool's chances. That doesn't mean you can't or won't be a dangerous opponent for anyone on your day.

But respect is won, and Liverpool hasn't done anything to merit it for years.

as a juventus fan I don't expect you to have anything nice to say about liverpool , but saying leverkusen have injuries is taking the piss when liverpool have suffered their worst injury crisis since the club doctor took over in 1993 .

time and time again we have been wrote off and yet we have beat whats been put in front of us and qualified on merit ,sure the luck of the draw comes into it ,but thats the same for any draw ,we play by the rules of the competition so why castigate liverpool for it ?

you contradict yourself you say noone rates liverpool chances yet on the other hand they will be scared of us if they get drawn against us ,make up your mind ,arrogance is a terrible thing ,when you start thinking a game will be a walkover your in trouble . I

1 - 20 of 50 Posts