Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 331 Posts

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crisis in midfield: No Derossi (suspension), Perrotta (injury), Pizarro (injury?) and Aquilani haven't played a game since the begining of the season. Although they say he's fit I am sure he will pick something during his walk from his car to the training ground.

We are left with Brighi, Taddei as sure starters. Then Baptista most likely will be there too, and probably Cicinho. The weakest midfield for Roma in ages for the most important game in the year, that's so Roma style luck.

Juan will be back so that's some good news. Totti was rested so hoefully he will be in good condtion and not the half injured totally useless of late.

I predict the game to be over early. A goal for Arsenal in the first 10-20 minutes then a late goal for us at the end. 1-1 or 1-2

Anyone knows if Panucci can be added to the CL list especially after all the injuries?

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Pizarro out of the game according to Channel4, Totti still not sure of playing.
i predict like you the game to end early, we have no midfield .

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
We need a miracle. My only hope is for Miko to score a few wonder goals and we hold up in defence somehow. I really don't see how we can outplay Arsenal with available players in midfield.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
brighi aquilani
menez/taddei baptista vucinic
totti/menez​

good luck...

unless you play with 4-3-1-2 ... still good luck

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
We're dead.

----------------Doni----------------
Motta-----Mexes-----Juan------Riise
----Cicinho-----Brighi----Taddei-----
---------------Baptista-------------
-------Totti--------------Vucinic----

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Ah well, it was fun while it lasted. I dont blame DDR, Perrotta or Pizarro for their injuries, but what the f*ck is wrong with Aquilani? What injury does he still have? A strained toe muscle or something.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
The only weaker midfield in Europe then the one we can field on wednesday is:

Eboue-Song-Denilson-Nasri
---------Diaby

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
:D

If Arsenal get through this, the midfield in the next round:

Walcott - Fabregas - Diaby - Nasri
RvP​

So, as you can see Arsenal have many injuries also. It's going to be interesting on Wednesday. Roma still have matchwinners.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
There are reports that Cicinho hurt his knee this morning and faces several months out.

Best to delete him from any proposed formation.

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
Is Aquilani hurt or being sidelined because he's not resigning? Just what the **** is his injury this time? Now, Cici gets hurt, Totti is constantly sidelined, at what 50 percent?
Whatever.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Il Romanista reported that the two days after the game against Arsenal when Roma re-started training, Aquilani arrived at Trigoria without shoes and while someone fetched them he trained using subsitute shoes and aggravated the injury he was recovering from.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
There is a report that Pizarro and Doni did not suffer muscle damage in yesterday's game so hopefully both can play.

Aquilani and Totti remain doubts.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
We're dead.

----------------Doni----------------
Motta-----Mexes-----Juan------Riise
----Taddei-----Pizarro----Brighi-----
---------------Baptista-------------
-------Totti--------------Vucinic----
seems like this will be the line-up

there is simply not enough tackling in midfield there...

can baptista play midfield and tackle?

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
I'm sure some of these players you are fretting about will line up for the game on Wednesday. Always little dramas that end up not so bad :)

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just like Old traford when half the team played carrying injuries. The results obviously weren't pretty.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
You guys will have to play three in midfield - and attack like thunder. Roma have scared to do this ever since the 7-1 thrashing, but now you have no choice.

The only way is forward.

1 - 20 of 331 Posts