Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting the disappointment of the horrible performance in Bergamo aside, we really need to fire up for this one.

Playing away first is usually an advantage, but we need to perform well, keep the defence tight and have the right mentality in this match.

I am sure the players have had this game on their mind for quite some time. Half the world will be watching - I prey that we don't embarrass ourselves in Europe again.

Will Cicinho and Riise be back? Will Motta start? Will Aquilani be fit?

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
We'll be alright, Arsenal are nothing to fear, decent side but nothing we can't handle.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Arsenal have too many injuries at the moment and Arshavin is cup tied. I would like to see us get a win at the Emirates, but a draw would not be too bad of a result, as we will finish them off in Rome.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Well since half our players have said that they think we can play the final in Rome. And according to our coach logic who just said we always lose concentration when we look far ahead and he seems helpless in changing that I have no doubt we are gonna crash and burn.

As mentioned above, anything than other embarrassement I am fine with.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I understand the worry over Spalletti, his choice of words over the weekend were cringe worthy, but i believe the team will be fully focused for each game within this competition. Obviously the factor that the final will be held in Rome will prove to be an extra incentive for our players, and sadly at the moment, this all we have going for us, plus the chase for the fourth spot in the league, but we won't have to worry about that if we win the tournament. :smileani:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Arsenal are not a team to be scared of, but at the same time they can beat us over two legs just as much as we can beat them. 50-50 for this one. I want Roma so much more of course, but Arsenal is my English team so if we did go out to them then so be it. I do think we have a good shot though, Arsenal's central midfield is weak, if De Rossi, Pizarro, Perrotta, Aquilani, Brighi and co. can play to their potential we have a real shot.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Putting the disappointment of the horrible performance in Bergamo aside, we really need to fire up for this one.

Playing away first is usually an advantage, but we need to perform well, keep the defence tight and have the right mentality in this match.

I am sure the players have had this game on their mind for quite some time. Half the world will be watching - I prey that we don't embarrass ourselves in Europe again.

Will Cicinho and Riise be back? Will Motta start? Will Aquilani be fit?
To the part in bold, I doubt it, Inter v Man Utd and Lyon v Barca is on the same day, we'd be lucky if 5% of the world is watching.

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
This is where it really matters. We need to get this right. No more coming into the match half-ass. I'm actually glad we bombed at Bergamo ahead of this match to knock the boys down a few levers. We need hunger, heart and anger. :thumbsup:
FIGHT TO BE FREE IN THE CL

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
This is where it really matters. We need to get this right. No more coming into the match half-ass. I'm actually glad we bombed at Bergamo ahead of this match to knock the boys down a few levers. We need hunger, heart and anger. :thumbsup:
FIGHT TO BE FREE IN THE CL
That is exactly right mate :thumbsup: can't believe how many guys on here are pessimistic after one loss in Bergamo...big deal Inter got done there too, so did Lazio, so did Napoli, Atalanta is hard to beat at home, great fans and all that.

Arsenal are a bunch of soft annoying pricks all over the park who have no midfield atm and if we show the balls in that area and get a hold of it we've got control and i bank on the who ever plays up front to finish it off. Mexes and Juan will take care of the back too. We always lift for these big games, we're capable of beating anyone on our day and remember the final is at the Olimpico and i get a funny feeling...Plus i am sick of these overrated English sides strutting around Europe thinking they're top shit...This year we give it back to them. We have to show that Roma spirit, this is your time Totti to rally the troops...

Forza Roma !!! :frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I think you guys can do it. Out of all the Italian teams left in the CL I pick you guys as the ones to advance. Of course, it wont be easy but you guys have beaten bigger/stronger teams in the past. If Mexes and Juan are fit, along with De Rossi and Totti, you guys will always have a chance

Forza Roma :)

·
A true hero
31,428 Posts
I was thinking 50/50, but then I got to thinking about how pedestrian Italian teams have looked against Arsenal in recent years. No idea if it'll pan out the same way against Roma, though. Arsenal tend to have problems with teams who are either physical, or use the ball quickly, not sure Roma fall into those groups.

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
Yes, the spine is extremely important, with extra emphasis on our two starting CBs. We simply NEED Juan and Mexes healthy and fit. A Vuci-bomb would be really, really nice at Arsenal.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
We need to win this game in the midfield, without Fabregas, our midfield is vastly superior, we need to make that count by keeping the ball alot at the Emirates.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Doni (back), Vucinic (knee), Aquilani (calf) are hurting and will likely be rested this weekend against Siena to make sure they are available for Arsenal on Tuesday.

Totti injured his ankle in practice today as well.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Menez is similar to Aquilani....they are always injured. Both have tons of talent and ability but can't stay on the field.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts