Xtratime Community banner

121 - 140 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
42,573 Posts
A lot of Asian power in the Salzburg/Genk match. Minamino two assists, Hwang one assist. Junya Ito hooked at half time though :(

Unfortunately Danny Vukovic has sustained a bad injury so will be out throughout Genk's CL campaign. Great keeper, I'm sure he wouldn't have conceded six.

·
Registered
68,987 Posts
I know the domestic competition is weak but it seems like Salzburg is scoring like 5 goals a game there too :p They have an American manager as well, Jesse Marsch who coached the NY Red Bulls recently so was part of that system. If the USSF had any brains they would have hired him as manager

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
english and italian teams didn't have good results in general. only man city and napoli won while their leagues are on fire these weeks.

some surprise results in the 1st day, so exciting in most games.

i love the UCL, the most prestigous competition.

·
Registered
17,465 Posts
He is injured a lot.

I thought Bayern played pretty bad. Spurs could have scored 4-5 more. Bayern is so open on counters and if a team presses them they have no answer. Instead of kicking the ball up front (the opposing team obviously has most players trying to press and you would only have to win one or two one on ones up front to be through) they risk dangerous passes which lead to them losing the ball way too often.

·
Registered
17,465 Posts
It's still true. Against a team that will not waste all their chances Bayern will go down easily. They need to change their approach, even if just with slight tweaks. Those are essential. They haven't really learned from the mistakes in the past.

·
Registered
33,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Agree.

Before Lewadowski made it 2-1, I thought it was against the run of play and Bayern looked quite vulnerable.

·
Registered
42,573 Posts
Of course, Spurs made the CL final last season, and Pochettino has taken the club to another level.

I checked the Spurs forum The Fighting Cock and quite a few supporters there want him sacked.

Football fans :facepalm:

The moment signs of adversity rear their head - they've had it. No patience at all. Changes must be made.

To be fair, I've heard he's had issues with players such as Vertonghen, so perhaps he's lost the playing group. But that seems like a very quick turnaround after doing so well last season.

Then again, Ranieri lost his players very quickly after winning the title at Leicester.

·
Registered
44,357 Posts
Typical grumpy German.

Wins 7-2: "we were fvcking gash"
No, he's right. If Bayern are to win the competition they'll need to improve a lot in terms of approach. Both teams created a similar amount of 100% chances until Lewandowski scores the second goal for Bayern.

Spurs continued to chase the game but Bayern had a succession of two very short periods of 4-5 minutes where they scored two goals in each one. It won't happen against better organized teams and Bayern will struggle defensively if they play this openly against the real top sides in the competition.

Tottenham played a game where they had high tops (for a longer period of time) mixed with incredibly low periods where the game got out of hand. Both teams were vulnerable behind their defence and Spurs even more so behind their fullbacks.

The game only really settled down for a decent period after the first 30 minutes up until halftime. It was a completely uncontrolled mish-mash from both teams.

·
Administrator
52,351 Posts
121 - 140 of 170 Posts