Xtratime Community banner

181 - 200 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
17,487 Posts
What's up with that Valencia keeper? He is horrible. I didn't see the first or third goal, but he was pathetic on the second and fourth one.

·
Administrator
52,420 Posts
Lol Atalanta introduced to European big stage. They go all out every damn game, no exceptions.

·
Registered
33,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
No surprises.

Key injuries and plus we've been massively shit anyway since Christmas. Injuries or not.

And with the way Atalanta play, I was always quite fearful over the last few weeks.

·
Registered
33,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
What's up with that Valencia keeper? He is horrible. I didn't see the first or third goal, but he was pathetic on the second and fourth one.
Backup guy.

Cillessen our no.1 has been injured, not quite 100%. (Who himself is a bit pants anyway too)

·
Registered
45,522 Posts
Atalanta can do anything in one sense or another. The second leg might end 3-0 or 0-3. No result would really impress me. My dream is Atalanta-Juventus in the quarter finals. Oh, yes, Juventus are already through to the quarter finals of course. They have already won the El Triplete indeed.

·
Registered
33,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #186
Yeah even though they won 4-1 last night, it could've easily been 5-4 to them. We missed some big chances.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Atalanta v juve with non-Italian refs in a UEFA competition would be an interesting prospect. But even then you never know, didn't Verona complain about refereeing when they faced juve in Europe in the 80s under Osvaldo Bagnoli, Toni?

Although I hope juve get a harder quarter final draw. Reaching the semis after beating Lyon and Atalanta, well... no disrespect but you know what I mean. And yeah, no jinxing or anything but Lyon are 11th! in Ligue1 so they don't stand a chance, will certainly watch Real v City on that evening instead.

Atalanta are quite the story. I usually don't root for other Italian clubs in Europe but hard not to root for Atalanta. So I'm making an exception for them. Plus they have lovely colors ;)

The first 15-20 minutes at Mestalla will be massive. Atalanta need to pass those without conceding for sure. An early goal and Valencia will believe and pile on the pressure and players like Guedes, Rodrigo, Gameiro can hurt Atalanta.

Atalanta will need to defend better than they did last night. Valencia could have scored 4-5 tbh like Los che wrote. Valencia hit the post, Maxi Gomez missed a huge unmissable chance, Gollini made a decisive save to deny the 4-2 etc.. But Atalanta surely will leave less spaces in an away game. I doubt a repeat of Dinamo Zagreb or Man City away will happen.

Atalanta have a lots of means to score, I mean they had Zapata and Muriel on the bench but scored 4 without an out and out centre forward. They can score from crosses, shots, wingbacks score, midfielders score, defenders score. Great to see.

·
Registered
45,522 Posts
Atalanta v juve with non-Italian refs in a UEFA competition would be an interesting prospect. But even then you never know, didn't Verona complain about refereeing when they faced juve in Europe in the 80s under Osvaldo Bagnoli, Toni?
ah, the 80s... yeah, they did.
In Europe Juventus are simply not always the bigger fish. It is such a shame! :p

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
No this is juve's year unfortunately.

·
Registered
33,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
They'll score again at the Mestalla. It'll be Diakhaby and Mangala again, we really miss Garay and Gabriel. So we'll have to score at least 4 lol.

But even so our performances away from home are tragic, made Getafe look like a class attacking outfit.

We're much better at home, but they'll score at least one for sure.

We'll need to drop Maxi Gomez, he's a CL gimp. Gameiro more of a killer on European nights.

And get Cillessen back in goal. Jaume not good enough.

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
So which game will Xtratimers pick to watch tonight?

Napoli v Barca or Chelsea v Bayern?

·
Registered
57,697 Posts
Chelsea did well against Spurs recently, could have scored 5-6.

I doubt Bayern will have it easy in London.

Didn't Bayern barely beat Paderborn a few days ago?

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,885 Posts
Haven't seen Bayern all season, but going by recent Spurs performances, it will be all men behind the ball and try to nick a goal strategy from Mourinho.
EDIT: They are not playing Spurs and playing Chelsea instead, so yeah this will be a good watch. Lampard's Chelsea aren't close to being a top team yet but one thing they are not is boring. They like to get the ball and play and some times they make a mess of it, but they try to play some football for sure.

Barca are a car crash waiting to happen at the moment and Napoli could well be the one's dropping the final nail in the coffin for this team. It won't be boring for sure, if you are a Barca fan it could be infuriating but it will definitely be entertaining for the neutrals.

Turns out two good matches today and really good one tomorrow.

·
Registered
33,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
That Chelsea team so bad tonight.

Azpiculeta, Christiansen, Barkley, Mount, Giroud, Cabellero etc. Lol.

They could get embarrassed tonight.

181 - 200 of 231 Posts