Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
many people think that french didn't deserve that championship... a guy said that french have robbed that from brazil!
i don't know what to say, but the history have been written and there's nothing we can do about that! all i want to know is your opinion about that, is it true that french don't deserve that cup? was french that bad? or brazil was unlucky that day?

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
As an unbiased person the truth is that France were lucky to get to the final but the fact is that if you wanna be succesful you need that luck. Brazil won the 94 cup on penalties and Germany had a pen in the 90 world cup. Man U as we all know were lucky in winning the treble and Juve have been lucky in Serie A.
Saying this though France outplayed Brazil in the final and deserved to win on the day. Petit deserved his goal and France deserved the win although in all the matches Brazil were slightly better. France impressed in the group stages and Brazil showed glimpses of how they can play. In the knock out stage France were dissapointing and Brazil turned on the style.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Croatia deserved to beat france in the semi
the saves barthez made in the last 5 min were spectacular
CROATIA SHOULD OF FACED BRAZIL

FORZA BOBAN
FORZA SUKER
FORZA CROATIA

------------------
MILAN is FOOTBALL

X

·
0 Posts
in theory france had the best defence and midfield....
but in attack they were awful!!!
dugarry,etc...are not players!!!
there was a striker (can't remember his name)...he moved from auxerre to newcastle then rangers..then auxerre again never being able to adapt
well i heard he missed 3open tap-in chances!!!!

it's true ..france was the luckiest team in 98..
they were fielded against the weakest teams in the groups...and in quarter finals ,semi,etc..

they beat italy on penalties...(baggio missed an open opportunity in las tfew minutes)

laurent blanc(who almost never scores!) scores one in last minute v/s paraguay

thuram scores 2 v/s croatia...and he almost never scores!!that was his 1st 2 goals for france i think!!

but we'll see if they wouldbe able to repeat taht feat again in euro200o and next world cup..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts