Xtratime Community banner

1361 - 1380 of 1422 Posts

·
Registered
69,627 Posts
Celtic: Bain - Elhamed, Ajer, Simunovic - McGregor, Brown, Ntcham, Forrest - Christie, Edouard, Johnston
Rezerve: Gordon, Jullien, Bitton, Griffiths, Bayo, Morgan, Bolingoli

CFR: Arlauskis - Susic, Vinicius, Burcă, Camora - Djokovic, Bordeianu, L. Aurelio - Deac, Rondon, Omrani
Rezerve: Vâtcă, Sylla, Păun, Țucudean, Mureșan, Peteleu, Cestor

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
What a shocking result. This team consistently shows resilience in Europe. We shouldn't put their chances too low in qualifying for the Group Stage. Essentially, if they make the groups, they can buy the Romanian League. Cluj is maybe the only Romanian team willing to spend cash to compete in Europe.

I think it's safe to say that today showed how good Petrescu is at mind games and tactical mismatching. They were so cocky they played a midfielder in LB while they had several defenders worth 10M pounds on the bench.

Petrescu said before the game that his side are minnows compared to Celtic and that he compares Celtic to Barca. He probably went back into the dressing room and said guys, let's mess with their heads. Know what's funny about all of this? They continue to show that they are clutch in big moments too.

What do you guys rate their chances against Slavia? I kind of put them at 50% considering that Celtic would have beat Slavia with ease.

Also, Stanciu v Cluj... is that correct?

·
Registered
69,627 Posts
Also, Stanciu v Cluj... is that correct?
That's correct. The good thing is that in CL groups we'll have either CFR or Stanciu and Alex Baluta.

I'm not sure Celtic are really better than Slavia. Slavia is really strong. The order of the games is good for CFR though.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
That's correct. The good thing is that in CL groups we'll have either CFR or Stanciu and Alex Baluta.

I'm not sure Celtic are really better than Slavia. Slavia is really strong. The order of the games is good for CFR though.
I think that we could be in store for a 1-1, 0-0 AGG either way. Slavia doesn't score many goals and they don't seem to allow much either.

Cluj gets AUTO ENTRY to EL if they lose, right?

·
Registered
16,153 Posts
Amazing performance for CFR. They held Celtic very well, even when they have very technical and fast players. Clearly one of those historycal overperformances by our clubs and now they are back on a European group. It comes in a moment when that's very needed for our football.

I think CL groups is too big for them, but if they get there they'll need to reinforce really well to be competitive. With Petrescu who is incredibly cynical they have their chances against Slavia

·
Zeko lopove...
7,464 Posts
Sooner or later you'd have to face a tougher side, kind of like us with FC Copenhagen, but overall it's better to beat them and be seeded in the 4th round than draw Ajax in the 4th round. I really do think you can beat Celtic.
:datass:

Good ****ing result fellas. Nice to see Cluj through and that they have qualified for at least the Europa League!

Also, don't want to spoil the party, but I rate Slavia Prague higher than Celtic. They'll know how to play Cluj better than Celtic and they were fantastic in Europe last season. I'd say chances are 60-40 or 70-30 in favor of Slavia, but let's see.

I'm not sure if their signature of Stanciu is a good one, but their past 2 seasons have been excellent.

As for me, I'm still enjoying Red Star's defeat of FC Copenhagen in the Danish capital. Was there, in person... and witnessed probably the craziest penalty sequency in history, at least that I've watched. Utter madness being in the stadium. The ecstasy felt when we won was unreal. 2 days later and I still have a huge smile on my face. Highlights below... it was 1-1 from the first leg in Belgrade, and we didn't get a clear penalty in the first minute of the second leg. UEFA.... MAFIA...

5QJNlHYt4-w

·
Registered
5,801 Posts

Good ****ing result fellas. Nice to see Cluj through and that they have qualified for at least the Europa League!

Also, don't want to spoil the party, but I rate Slavia Prague higher than Celtic. They'll know how to play Cluj better than Celtic and they were fantastic in Europe last season. I'd say chances are 60-40 or 70-30 in favor of Slavia, but let's see.

I'm not sure if their signature of Stanciu is a good one, but their past 2 seasons have been excellent.

As for me, I'm still enjoying Red Star's defeat of FC Copenhagen in the Danish capital. Was there, in person... and witnessed probably the craziest penalty sequency in history, at least that I've watched. Utter madness being in the stadium. The ecstasy felt when we won was unreal. 2 days later and I still have a huge smile on my face. Highlights below... it was 1-1 from the first leg in Belgrade, and we didn't get a clear penalty in the first minute of the second leg. UEFA.... MAFIA...

5QJNlHYt4-w
Really awesome. I watched that one, outstanding shootout.

Stanciu is honestly overrated. The guy can't play longer than 60 minutes. He plays 0 on the defensive side of the ball and can be physically outmatched with ease. His only worth is stringing on long passes when given time and space. He's quite limited.

Stanciu was bought for lots based on his projection. Every team he's gone to has quickly realized that he trains horribly, has no work ethic and is a physically weaker version of Adrian Cristea.

·
Registered
69,627 Posts
Stanciu is not overrated. He can chase CFR with one of his executions and to complicate things. Comparing him to Adrian Cristea is simply idiotic.

Slavia was pretty good past year. But this year is not past year and they lost some players.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Stanciu is not overrated. He can chase CFR with one of his executions and to complicate things. Comparing him to Adrian Cristea is simply idiotic.

Slavia was pretty good past year. But this year is not past year and they lost some players.
Come on, Adrian Cristea at 26 was just as effective on the ball as Stanciu was, maybe even better.

Stanciu: 27 games 6 goals in 2018/2019

Cristea: 31 games, 8 goals at 26.

They both are horrible defensive players and both require others to feed them the ball in order to be effective. Both incredibly Creative. He's not a carbon copy of Cristea obviously but statistically their numbers and lack of success is parallel.. no? Remember Cristea at Standard? He had the exact same career that Stanciu had at Andrelecht. Started well a few games then tossed aside for their deficiencies.

If Stanciu isn't overrated, why has he been passed around more than Ana Maria Prodan during transfer season? It's his 4th club in a 3 seasons. He isn't worth close to 10m.. He can't even play 90 minutes of football at near 100% fitness. A 10M euro player wouldn't be passed around 3 times from Andrelecht to Sparta Prague to Al Ahli to Slavia Prague.

Christian Wihelmsson was transferred to Al Ahli for 9M (1M less than Stanciu) and he had played for Andrelecht, Nantes, Roma, Bolton, Dep Corona, Al Hilal before that move posting garbage numbers. The difference is that he represented Sweden in Euro 2004, WC 06, EC 08, EC 2012 which he played nearly all the games, and was worth 9M after leading Al Hilal to 2 titles as one of their star players.

What has Stanciu done to deserve a 20M of transfers in 3 years while shattering league transfer fees? Am I being too harsh?

·
General Iordanescu
28,314 Posts

5QJNlHYt4-w
First, congrats and thanks!

2nd, I'm sure Slavia isn't a pushover but we tend to do well vs Czech teams.

·
Registered
16,153 Posts
Come on, Adrian Cristea at 26 was just as effective on the ball as Stanciu was, maybe even better.

Stanciu: 27 games 6 goals in 2018/2019

Cristea: 31 games, 8 goals at 26.

They both are horrible defensive players and both require others to feed them the ball in order to be effective. Both incredibly Creative. He's not a carbon copy of Cristea obviously but statistically their numbers and lack of success is parallel.. no? Remember Cristea at Standard? He had the exact same career that Stanciu had at Andrelecht. Started well a few games then tossed aside for their deficiencies.

If Stanciu isn't overrated, why has he been passed around more than Ana Maria Prodan during transfer season? It's his 4th club in a 3 seasons. He isn't worth close to 10m.. He can't even play 90 minutes of football at near 100% fitness. A 10M euro player wouldn't be passed around 3 times from Andrelecht to Sparta Prague to Al Ahli to Slavia Prague.

Christian Wihelmsson was transferred to Al Ahli for 9M (1M less than Stanciu) and he had played for Andrelecht, Nantes, Roma, Bolton, Dep Corona, Al Hilal before that move posting garbage numbers. The difference is that he represented Sweden in Euro 2004, WC 06, EC 08, EC 2012 which he played nearly all the games, and was worth 9M after leading Al Hilal to 2 titles as one of their star players.

What has Stanciu done to deserve a 20M of transfers in 3 years while shattering league transfer fees? Am I being too harsh?
Stanciu has been a dissapointment, that can't be denied. But he is nowhere near Cristea who was just a rodeo Clown

Stanciu has 9 NT goals to begin with. He had a good season for Anderletch and he was still sold. IDK why. Maybe he doesn't have the best work rate. But he wasn't bad for Sparta either. His mistake was going to Arabia, ****ing up as all romanian players do. That throws you back and takes time to recover

He won't be a star, that's clear. But he has passing, shot, and a very good technique. He can still be a good players. It's up to him

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Stanciu has been a dissapointment, that can't be denied. But he is nowhere near Cristea who was just a rodeo Clown

Stanciu has 9 NT goals to begin with. He had a good season for Anderletch and he was still sold. IDK why. Maybe he doesn't have the best work rate. But he wasn't bad for Sparta either. His mistake was going to Arabia, ****ing up as all romanian players do. That throws you back and takes time to recover

He won't be a star, that's clear. But he has passing, shot, and a very good technique. He can still be a good players. It's up to him
Even today he scores in the league, and is subbed at 78 minute. If you've got a 6m euro player, he should be able to play 90 minutes every match. Imagine a Romanian club paid 6M for a player and he could only play 60 minutes without being fatigued or gassed? We'd destroy him on the forum. Why are Romanian players any different?

I agree that I exageratted a bit with Cristea reference, but it's hard to not see his career plateauing until he develops some sort of high gear and work ethic. Maybe that's the main difference between him and Mitrita. Mitri can actually work hard, even though he's a midget and injury prone.

1361 - 1380 of 1422 Posts