Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1411 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all

I see that CFR Cluj are dominating the romanian league and closing on their first ever title.

what is your thougths about their chances ? and what does the experts in romania/media says ?

what made cluj so strong ahead of the others ?

Is the owner Árpád Pászkány hungarian right ? can you give me deatils about is work at the club and other buisness he runs ?

What can you tell me about their coach Ioan Andone ?

Is there interesting quotations regarding the team players/coach/presidant ? (like for example: "no one give us a chance but....")

why does the steaua and dinamo struggle to reach cluj for the title ?

What can you tell me about the cooperation of cluj with portuegse clubs ? i know that they have 10 players form portugal in their squad ? how exactly did it work and when it started ?

How well does Zito Ogabuna, Fabiani and Trica are doing there ? they played in israel a year or more ago with little success (ogabuna was the only one that made some goals). ? how much they earn ?

I have heard that cluj budget is 20 million euros. Is that correct ? how many teams in romania have an higher budget than cluj ?

How does the rich capital Bucharest sees the people in cluj ? Is there big rivalty between them and how the people in cluj sees the bucharest people ? like for example the amsterdam people and ajax fans lough about eindhoven citizens that they're primitive farmers (of course it's not true. but its a stigma).

thank you for your help

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
well I guess it as just a matter of time that somebody had to make a thread about this team... this could be the CFR Cluj thread...

I can't give you all the info you need but some things I do know

1st: the only real rival of CFR Cluj is Uni Cluj who is currently at the bottom of the table but historically the more successful team... I remember there were some big fights between both clubs and once it ended with the death of some people... sad but true

Bucuresti clubs don't really recognize CFR as a real rival as they have no history nor have had a remarkable impact yet... the only provencial team worth our attention is probably Craiova and Timisoara to some extent

I know that Cluj has some deals with the portuguese clubs and get some of their youth products and left overs to fill their team with but they also got promising players as well so i guess its an okay deal considering their current situation in Liga 1

Trica has been good so far and is probably the only romanian who ain't gonna lose his spot for a while... Fabbiani has been a real beast over here not really for scoring but its hard as hell to control him because of his physique... Ogabuna I think didn't really play many minutes yet... he's either bench or reserve atm...

I think the only clubs with a bigger budget are probably Steaua, MAYBE Rapid and Dinamo but i'm not sure about it... Steaua definately has alot of cash but Becali doesnt use it wisely anyways

every province has a similar opinion of Bucuresti, its not uncommon as Bucuresti is the capital and probably perceived as arrogant and snobby or something... city vs country pretty much

Steaua and Dinamo struggle because their teams are in a terrible crisis and the performances are even worse than the results... right now they play some atrocious football and CFR is lucky to take advantage of that

i dont know much more but im sure the others can help you there

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
CFR Cluj has intelligent people running it who knew how to take the football business seriously. They are getting performance and they will make a lot of money too. They are probably the smartest investors in Romanian football and have a western mentality. There are other province teams that are on the rise also i.e. Poli 1921 Timisoara and Urziceni.

·
Registered
69,567 Posts
If CFR can win the title, Paszkany announced a big budget for next season. I guess Paszkany is a Romanian of Hungarian origins btw.

We can make the CFR official thread here.

·
Registered
69,567 Posts
Juventus nu mai vine in Romania din cauza unui tigan

Amicalul dintre CFR Cluj si Juventus Torino trebuia sa se dispute in pauza competitionala, dar presedintele Iuliu Muresan a anuntat ca torinezii refuza sa vina in Romania deoarece le este teama.

"Le-am propus celor de la Juventus sa jucam un amical, insa jucatorii lor nu au vrut sa vina in Romania deoarece le este frica de romani", a afirmat Iuliu Muresan.

What the hell...

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
If I was Juventus I would be more scared to go play in Roma, the most dangerous footballing city nowdays and not to mention that they are absolutely hated there. It's a lame decision that really doesn't make a lot of sense since there isn't anything hostile about Cluj at all. It's just creating more tension between the two countries if anything. And last but not least, Juventus are and have always been a bunch of cheating pussies, so no surprise that they have no class.:yuck:

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
yea the team is scared of gypsies?

lazio fans are being killed and palermo fans are off the hook when it comes to beating people up and juventus wont play...
as if anything would happen.

ridiculous ridiculous..

·
Registered
69,567 Posts
It´s funny especially when Italian football is probably the most violent in Europe. 2 deads in the last months and street wars in several cities.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Trica is a great player for the standards of a Balkan championship! Litex are peasants(almost virtually) but the people in charge surely know how to spot decent foreigners. He then made such a good impression that rumours for either Levski or CSKA were thinking of getting him, which wasnt a surprise since they are really poor at finding+developing talents from scratch or getting good foreigners themselves.Anyway, he also did well in CSKA and I dont know why they let him go but, if they thought he was past it, I dont know what could be said for the half dozen foreigners with obscure playing history that they got this summer and are thinking of kicking out this winter.

·
Registered
25,388 Posts
CFR installed a brand new monitoring system made up of 32 cameras filming the stands, the stadium's surroundings and the pitch.

GSP

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Lupi said:
CFR installed a brand new monitoring system made up of 32 cameras filming the stands, the stadium's surroundings and the pitch.

GSP

32? :howler:

I'd be paranoid if I was a CFR fan considering the size of their stadium

there's probably 2 cams for each fan :pp

·
Registered
69,567 Posts
CFR stadium isn´t very big, but it´s modern and has improved a lot since 2 years ago.

Remember when they played in Intertoto? What they had couldn´t be considered a proper stadium. But now it looks nice. They just have to finish it.

They are doing a good job there.

1 - 20 of 1411 Posts